How do you duplicate the look of a system head in a leLukta head? I want to make my LeLutka look like this system head.

DeWayne Deed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You'd have to demo the heads to see which ones could be edited to your liking.   There's really no other way aside from trial and error.   Put this picture on a prim and place it next to yourself while editing the demos.  If you use the Evo and not EvoX mode in the Lelutka hud, you can even use your current skin in BOM mode on the head.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Demo heads that have a nose, lip and jaw shape similar to your current look. You can modify Lelutka heads quite a bit, but I've found the nose and lip shape don't change that much.

With Lelutka EvoX you can use the Evo setting and continue to use your current skin, make-up and head tattoo layers if you wish. I've found the heads look best with skins made either for Lelutka or Genus heads, though. Otherwise the lips and eyes might be a bit off.

If you use the EvoX setting, you'll of course need EvoX skins and tattoo layers, though HUD applied makeup is the same for either Lelutka Evolution or Lelutka EvoX.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How i went about choosing my first mesh head was to grab loads of demos put them on with my regular shape and go with the one that was most like “me”. if you have pictures of your current head you can put on a prim referring to that will help you fine tune the features. Evo mode which I use will allow you to use your current system skin or any BoM cosmetics you have. Shopping for up to date cosmetics and enhancements will be a little harder as everything is geared towards EvoX, there are some places that also include Evo

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

If you have pictures of your current head you can put on a prim referring to that will help you fine tune the features.

This is really good advice. It's how I got my look to make sure I got proportions right (as an artist, that was really important to me). Now if I could only find a way to add a very subtle nose cleft/dimple on the tip of my nose, I'd be really happy. I can find chin ones, but none for a nose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This is why I still use my system head.  Getting a mesh head to even come close will take hours and hours of time - and I just have no patience for that sort of thing.

If you'd like, send me a close up picture and I'll play around with some demos and skins.  Seems like a fun challenge!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Let me suggest something that I found to be very helpful.

Modify a copy of the shape that came with your mesh head by setting all sliders except the head and face sliders to the same settings as your usual shape. Wear a copy of that shape. Have an alt wear exactly what you are wearing, except for wearing your usual shape and a skin that is a different shade. Rez two identical posing stands. You sit on one and have your alt sit on the other. Move the posing stands to exactly the same coordinates. 

Now, tweak sliders for hours and hours and hours until your face approximates your alt's as closely as you can make it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

Let me suggest something that I found to be very helpful.

Modify a copy of the shape that came with your mesh head by setting all sliders except the head and face sliders to the same settings as your usual shape. Wear a copy of that shape. Have an alt wear exactly what you are wearing, except for wearing your usual shape and a skin that is a different shade. Rez two identical posing stands. You sit on one and have your alt sit on the other. Move the posing stands to exactly the same coordinates. 

Now, tweak sliders for hours and hours and hours until your face approximates your alt's as closely as you can make it.

This^^. And alts never complain!

Avalon is an early Lelu Evo head and responds very well to sliders. 

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 1

I think you could get that look with the Avalon head quite easily, if you are adept at adjusting face shapes. I'm wearing Avalon in the photo below. 

I don't remember the base shape that comes with it. I create my own shapes based on whatever new skin strikes my fancy.  Your nose might be thinner and your jaw more square than mine, but those are easy adjustments on this head.  If you want your mouth further below your nose than I have mine, that's also an easy fix. 

face_002.png

• Like 1

@DeWayne Deed There are limits to how much a mesh head can be adjusted. Thus the need to demo numerous heads until you find one that is close enough to your look that it can be adjusted to what you want.

Rowan's suggestion is good. Take a picture and put it on a cube. BUT... use the camera controls to change the camera when taking the picture and comparing the pic and the demo head. Use Ctrl 8, 9, and 0. Experiment and see how they affect your look. Generally using Ctrl-0 five or 6 times gets you a good close-up with minimal distortion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2023 at 5:06 PM, Rowan Amore said:

If you'd like, send me a close up picture and I'll play around with some demos and skins.  Seems like a fun challenge!

Just now saw this (not sure how I missed it before). Anyway, this weekend I will do so.  Thank you very much !!!   I might actually be able to send a copy of my current shape.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.