No Bio Breeds store or on Marketplace is Gone Help!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'll link to the previous thread, but basically, it was shut down and the pets are designed to brick at various points if the server isn't there (even permapets). If you don't pick them up, they'll keep going for now, but I'd prepare for them eventually breaking. Take some nice pictures of them. Look around for other pet options.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/496777-biobreeds/

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Your dogs will be ok as long as you don't pick them up to inventory, at least until their food runs out. Once the food HAS run out, I'm not sure what will happen then - with the servers down, it may be the case that they won't need more food and won't get sick. But if they do, they're done. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Somersetnudist1 said:

I am premium so I got them at a my Linden home.

18 hours ago, Somersetnudist1 said:

I have 4 […]

I gather it's lethal to pull them back into Inventory at this point, and probably nobody is going to fuss about it anyway, but technically  the covenant for Linden Homes (including Bellisseria) says:

*Excessively overt or system resource-intensive interactive systems consisting of in-world scripted objects that communicate with one another to procreate (e.g. breedables) or grow  (e.g. farming) to produce other products or consumables are only allowed under the following conditions:
    -They are limited to two (2) active units with food/water rezzed out at any given time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Somersetnudist1 said:

If LL want to chat with me do it by IM.

It doesn;t work that way, you simply have to keep the covenant, it's not negotiable. If a neighbour or any other traveler sees you have 4,  you can get reported. 
Some rules aren't written in stone, but a double amount of the allowed is a bit much.
Possibly there won't come complaints  if your pets don't cause extra lag, but if they do it's a matter of time before one reports it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Somersetnudist1 said:

I did not know that, who reads the small print. 

To be fair LL staff have sent out grid wide messages to Bellisseria home owners in the past reminding them of the covenant in particular when there has been notable additions or changes for things such as breedables or things applying only to certain home themes

If someone does report you at best you'll be given a chance to bring your breedables down to a compliant level at worst they'll just be returned to you

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Somersetnudist1 said:

I did not know that, who reads the small print.  If LL want to chat with me do it by IM.

@Alwin Alcott and @Claireschen Hesten were really polite in their replies, but as a redhead let me be a bit more, umm, well redheadish ...

Ahem, as politely as I can say this: Given the implied tone of your reply, I'd almost guarantee that someone is now going to go out of their way to report you if they see that. It's for everyone's benefit that we should follow the covenant of places we live in. That, and as pointed out, whether or not you didn't see it before and were not aware of that rule, you now know you're doing something wrong and can simply fix that. Mmm?

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 8

1. Shops come and go all the time with no guarantee their products will remain usable whatsoever
  2. Breedables are one heck of a 'gamble' in this regard. Doubly so for any that do not allow for making them 'permanent' in some way
  3. Ignorance of the Covenant stipulations is no excuse whatsoever - if you're not going to read it in enough detail to make sure you don't get hit by a Report ... Don't go renting or picking up a parcel there
  • Like 2

What will most likely happen when the dogs are reported is they get returned to you. Going into inventory is the end for them. So to add to my other advice, pick the others up so that you can keep your two favourites. If you don't take action, you could well find they all get returned, which means you've lost all of them. Also don't place any other breedables (includes things like farm growing systems), so there's no risk.

Generally with pet games, it's best to focus on enjoying the moment and make sure you collect any static decor gifts and the like (because those you can keep). Another pet game I did, which wasn't breedable, had designed the pets to throw constant errors when the server was down. Technically, they could be kept, but only if you wanted several messages a second saying the server was down. I ended up giving them all away to people who didn't mind the error messages. You never really know what the pets will do without a server until it happens.

Edited by Polenth Yue
  • Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 6:59 PM, Katherine Heartsong said:

@Alwin Alcott and @Claireschen Hesten were really polite in their replies, but as a redhead let me be a bit more, umm, well redheadish ...

Ahem, as politely as I can say this: Given the implied tone of your reply, I'd almost guarantee that someone is now going to go out of their way to report you if they see that. It's for everyone's benefit that we should follow the covenant of places we live in. That, and as pointed out, whether or not you didn't see it before and were not aware of that rule, you now know you're doing something wrong and can simply fix that. Mmm?

I was only joking about small print 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.