Linden payment and FedNow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Had to Google it.

Quote: "FedNow is the first U.S. government-created and -backed portal allowing banks to send and receive funds almost instantly."

Since it is for bank transfers, some of us won't want it. I'd rather keep using a credit card for Second Life. 

47 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Had to Google it.

Quote: "FedNow is the first U.S. government-created and -backed portal allowing banks to send and receive funds almost instantly."

Since it is for bank transfers, some of us won't want it. I'd rather keep using a credit card for Second Life. 

Right now, in order to cash out your USD balance, you only have Paypal.  This might be a viable option.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Had to Google it.

FedNow will be the money transfer system in the future all transaction will go through it eventually, It is part of the move to an all digital, cashless  currency

First the transfers will go trough FedNow into systems like PayPal, but eventually the PayPals will go away and consumers will have a digital money account with the Fed. But then again, the USA refused to adopt the metric system, so this may well be another failed attempt LOL

8 minutes ago, Jackson Redstar said:

FedNow will be the money transfer system in the future all transaction will go through it eventually, It is part of the move to an all digital, cashless  currency

First the transfers will go trough FedNow into systems like PayPal, but eventually the PayPals will go away and consumers will have a digital money account with the Fed. But then again, the USA refused to adopt the metric system, so this may well be another failed attempt LOL

The FAQ specifically says that it is for bank transfers..

Edited to add: If you are correct, it's just one of those "end times" things. Nothing to worry about, move along.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

1 hour ago, Jackson Redstar said:

I hope it fails.

11 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The FAQ specifically says that it is for bank transfers..

Edited to add: If you are correct, it's just one of those "end times" things. Nothing to worry about, move along.

I also remember when the government told us getting a certian vaccine would make a certian virus go away - sometimes things the government says and things that happn are 2 different things. But I didn't mean for this to turn into the Alex Jones show here, just wanted to know where Linden/Trillia were on this system

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

First off, yes it's Tilia.  T i l i a.  Tilia has been one of the most misspelled words to exist in SL.  

This is the first I've heard of FedNow.  

Here is an article I came across with the FAQs (frequently asked questions).  Basically says banks opt-in and they *may* start a CBDC (central bank digital currency).   Article says we can still use Paypal, etc.  It's from Forbes, but it's a free to read.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/personal-finance/fednow-faqs/#:~:text=Does FedNow Replace Money Apps,Cash App%2C PayPal or Zelle.

Edited by EliseAnne85
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Jackson Redstar said:

image.jpeg.338cfa1210c0997ff7c526475c500e25.jpeg

Then there are the folks that don't trust anything about the government.  Those are the folks that will keep things like PayPal alive.

And the US going totally cashless -- that won't happen in my lifetime and I'm not even sure it would happen in my children's lifetime.  It's back to TRUST again -- there are lots of folks that don't trust anything except cash.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/12/2023 at 5:36 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

image.jpeg.338cfa1210c0997ff7c526475c500e25.jpeg

Then there are the folks that don't trust anything about the government.  Those are the folks that will keep things like PayPal alive.

And the US going totally cashless -- that won't happen in my lifetime and I'm not even sure it would happen in my children's lifetime.  It's back to TRUST again -- there are lots of folks that don't trust anything except cash.  

alot of things we never thought could happen happened in 2019 and 2020. I think "conspiracy theroists" are 10, government 0   🤣

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/12/2023 at 9:04 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

I try to remember Bellisserria like "Mississippi", but Bellisserria only has one "r".

That's probably why most people call it "Belli".  Most of us know what "Belli" means.  

Fun or not so fun facts:   Actually, the Linden is a tree with it's flowers 'the linden flower' often made into tea.  

Tilia is a genus of trees or bushes.  

lin·den

noun

1. a deciduous tree with heart-shaped leaves and fragrant yellowish blossoms, native to north temperate regions. The pale soft timber is used for carving and furniture.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tilia is a genus of about 30 species of trees or bushes, native throughout most of the temperate Northern Hemisphere. The tree is known as linden for the European species, and basswood for North American species. Wikipedia
    Scientific name: Tilia
    Growth rate: 13 to 24 inches each year sfgate.com
    Family: Malvaceae
    Kingdom: Plantae

Linden trees produce soft and easily worked timber, which has very little grain and a density of 560 kg/m3.[17] It was often used by Germanic tribes for constructing shields. It is a popular wood for model building and for intricate carving. Especially in Germany, it was the classic wood for sculpture from the Middle Ages onwards and is the material for the elaborate altarpieces of Veit Stoss, Tilman Riemenschneider, and many others. In England, it was the favoured medium of the sculptor Grinling Gibbons[18] (1648–1721). The wood is used in marionette- and puppet-making and -carving. Having a fine, light grain and being comparatively light in weight, it has been used for centuries for this purpose; despite the availability of modern alternatives, it remains one of the main materials used as of 2015. In China, it was also widely used in carving or furniture, interior decorating, handicrafts ... etc.[14]

Edited by EliseAnne85

18 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

A lot.

Didn't take me too long to find it!  I ain't lost mah touch. Like learning to ride a bike...

Or I assume this is what I commented elsewhere with:
angel.gif.7ae95e668a3f7517a97ba2ba603cda50.gif

As @Scylla Rhiadra said elsewhere as well: “plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose “... 'cause she's all fancy like that. 💉wtf 👽

• Haha 1

On 5/12/2023 at 12:04 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

I try to remember Bellisserria like "Mississippi", but Bellisserria only has one "r".

1 hour ago, EliseAnne85 said:

That's probably why most people call it "Belli".  Most of us know what "Belli" means.  

I've lived there for YEARS and have never learned to spell it, curse the person who came up with it...routinely, and refer to it as Belli always. :)  (Since I have not been able to spell it correctly, for years, that probably says more about my cognitive skills than it does the wizard who came up with the name in the first place, but I deny it.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

A lot.

The Lindens seem to like wood a lot, and then having a nice cup of tea.  

Makes me want to build something with the original built-in prims in the viewer.  

You all should try rezzing some wood prims and build something at least once in your SL.  Happy Hippo just advertised a build your own home class just last week. 

I hope you all try it just once.  You right click on the floor and select create from the pie menu and then tap the floor where you want the shape to generate.  You need to select which item you want to generate from the top of the edit menu if you want something different than a box shape.  Then, stretch them to make something like a wall or if you select another shape resize it to make the shape of a seat for example.  

There is also Sloyd, a free AI sculpty-looking stuff generator and you just pick a whole object to generate.  You can learn to manipulate the object that is generated in Sloyd.  There are some tutorials on Twitter about Sloyd also.  Sloyd to me, looks great for youngsters if you have any.  Just passing this info along, especially for those with kids.  These AI objects could be used for many games, I'd assume.

Edited by EliseAnne85

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.