Linden payment and FedNow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

The Lindens seem to like wood a lot, and then having a nice cup of tea.  

Makes me want to build something with the original built-in prims in the viewer.  

You all should try rezzing some wood prims and build something at least once in your SL.  Happy Hippo just advertised a build your own home class just last week. 

I hope you all try it just once.  You right click on the floor and select create from the pie menu.  You need to select which item you want to generate from the top of the edit menu if you want something different than a box shape.  Then, stretch them to make something like a wall or if you select another shape resize it to make the shape of a seat for example.  

There is also Sloyd, a free AI sculpty-looking stuff generator and you just pick a whole object to generate.  You can learn to manipulate the object that is generated in Sloyd.  There are some tutorials on Twitter about Sloyd also.  Sloyd to me, looks great for youngsters if you have any.  Just passing this info along, especially for those with kids.  These AI objects could be used for many games, I'd assume.

My post had to do with @Jackson Redstar's misspelling of a lot.  Alot is not a word.

6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

My post had to do with @Jackson Redstar's misspelling of a lot.  Alot is not a word.

I know.  

It just thought I'd use the word a lot in a sentence and spell it correctly and then add additional things about my post regarding the Lindens and Tilia, both trees, both woods, SL is building.  I can see how SL picked their names Linden and Tilia - these are woods with not a lot of wood grain.  

Most of my post is not directed towards you specifically, anyways.  

Edited by EliseAnne85

Since Tilia's business model is to make some type of profit from the current payment arrangements, I do not support any changes that in reducing Tilia's ability to make money, could result in harming Linden Lab (assuming LL still has some stake in TIlia).  Because I like Second Life.

Down with FedNow!  

That being said, I think any assumptions that FedNow will impact anything besides "Bank payments", is grossly premature. Fed = Federal Reserve = ACH Payments between and to/from Banks. This has absolutely nothing to do with credit card payments.  Whack-a-doodle conspiracy theories aside.

OTHER countries benefit from going "cashless" (lots of small payments from their cellphone).  They benefit because they needed a way to pay for things.  We already have ways to pay for things.

I repeat: crazy conspiracy theory.  Whackjob, tinfoil hat. You get the idea.

E813A353-12D3-4FC6-BA5B-15831F8B2877.jpeg.5383410ce80d7288a95928404f4c126a.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Have we gone over our allotment for discussing what alot meant?

I dunno?

But, to Jackson's OP and comments, banks opt-in to this, and they want banks to opt-in to (or it is opt into? lol) FedNow because it's in the beta phase.

Tilia nor Paypal are banks.

Tilia is currently a licensed money transmitter; Paypal is an online payments option.  Again, neither are banks at this time.  Paypal was at one time a bank but that was a long, long time ago.  The article (I shared on Page 1 of this thread with the FAQ) also states FedNow is to transfer super fast from bank-to-bank working alongside companies such as Paypal.  

So, I went off topic when I found out what Linden and Tilia mean because there is nothing to discuss here really that pertains to SL.  The Linden and Tilia are trees that are used for wood and that wood is used for building.  And, I thought that was interesting as there is nothing to discuss here regarding FedNow and SL, and never may be.  Tilia could someday become a bank.  Who knows?  But, none of this is forced.  And, currently this topic has nothing to do with SL @Jackson Redstar because Tilia is not a bank and, even if it were, banks won't be forced.  

Edited by EliseAnne85

I was noodling around this morning reading the news and I think Fed Now is a good thing. Paypal has pretty much become an activist business and using it's monopoly on electronic transactions to remove customers based on political viewpoints. Not good. I mean, I do like Paypal and use it for buying things and sending money but if it can be replaced by an far more regulated government based competitor I wouldn't feel bad. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.