Hippiestock II

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not directed at you Dee.  I just hit reply.  It's not directed at anyone in particular. 

I am really disappointed.  Maybe so-and-so is right and I'm incredibly naive and see things as they should be instead of how they are.  But really come on guys!  The whole point of Hippiestock is that a group of people can come together despite our differences.  If you don't like something someone says, don't engage that person! 

I like everyone who has posted here, I know that they don't all get along or like each other, but can't you at least try.  It's as easy as not typing on your keyboard in this particular thread. 

I'm proud of the fact that I do my best to remain positive being negative doesn't do anybody any good. 

Oh but Storm, it is all a matter of perspective isn't it?  I am well aware of the reasons so many feel bitterly about that unnamed individual.  For what it's worth, I too experienced in my very first post on the old jive forum a vicious attack.  I didn't understand it at the time and I took it personally and was hurt.  I later realized that every newcomer to the forum was suspect to that extremely competitive, paranoid individual who had ESL issues.  I am not excusing them, but I do understand.   I don't dwell on it either. They are gone now. Let's let it go.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Lia Abbot wrote:

Oh Dillon, you must be so glad you're not typing utter nonsense any more!

fall down laughing.gif

(special thanks to Dres for the gif; I knew I'd find uses for it ;-)

You are very welcomed, sweety. I know I do.  I only wish we could rearrange the pics in our images so that the ones we use the most would pop up first in line.  That one would be second.

wink-kiss.gif  <---would be first and third is a tie between ---> clap.gif & yay-smiley.gif & devil-081.gif.

...Dres sorry-053.gif

Katt, I'm sad to know that you were "hurt" by Suspiria; I was not.  I am, however, glad to see you are "letting it go."  It doesn't become you projecting your sensitivities on others.  

I didn't want or see the need of circumlocution, I wrote it the way it was.  My first reply to Dillon was in response to the nonsense he wrote.  My second was in response to a more appropriate post by Dillon.  

ETA: I wonder if Dillon sought and had permission from the 'other' unidentified person before he wrote: "stick my nose in here"? 

kattatonia Wickentower wrote:

Oh but Storm, it is all a matter of perspective isn't it?  I am well aware of the reasons so many feel bitterly about that unnamed individual.  For what it's worth, I too experienced in my very first post on the old jive forum a vicious attack.  I didn't understand it at the time and I took it personally and was hurt.  I later realized that every newcomer to the forum was suspect to that extremely competitive, paranoid individual who had ESL issues.  I am not excusing them, but I do understand.   I don't dwell on it either. They are gone now. Let's let it go.

Absolutely, continually bringing this person up is just feeding the beast. There are still some dogs around that could use a little starvation, but that's another topic entirely.

To get us back on track... another one of my favorites...

For some ungodly reason, I can't seen to embed it, so here's the

"You don't have to go take anybody's sh*t, man, just to like music" - Janis

...Dres

Dresden, you might have psychic powers! That is my very favorite Janis song (I always change the lyric to 'a t-girl can be tough'). Naz tells me that it was originally done by someone else; I've yet to hear that version but I will at some point. By the way, I once saw Janis live; I'm that old.

i don't know what all this is about ..but i think it's time for some peace loving happy shiney people stuffs..

it's a new year peoples ..lets get to feelin free dreamin  new dreams..

get past this because i know none of you want to go into this with rough seas..not if you want it to be better than that last one..

now relax and eveyone close your eyes and go back to the different times when these came out and think about good things..not bad..

this is about peace and getting together enjoying..not remembering bad times or or bad parts about people..think positive and good thoughts..NOW LISTEN TO THESE DAMN SONGS AND RELAX!! BEFORE I KICK ALL YOUR BUTTS!!!

LOL PEACE OUT

Thanks, Ceka. That's twice in one thread someone's posted a link to a song that is my favorite for the group in question; 'Southern Cross' is by far my favorite Crosby, Stills, and Nash song. I of course like California Dreamin' too, but only because I live here. My fave of theirs is the first one I heard: "Monday, Monday". By the way I had a brief glimpse of them, too: I am sooo old.

Before 'Crosby. Stills, and Nash', or 'Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young', was Buffalo Springfield. I have called him Neil Yawn in other places, but I've always loved this song.

Happy Rez Day :-)

OMG!!! I'm still heartbroken over being too young to be able to see Cat Stevens live...seeing Janis would have been mind blowing.

And now for something completely different... Dolly Parton covering Cat Stevens in a groovy disco remake... lol...

One of my all time favorites.

...Dres

:-).

I like that song too, but please don't ever give us no more Oprah nor Kenny niether, for that matter.

Janis was in a smallish outdoor venue; had a bottle of Southern Comfort by her side on the stage, It was a Blues festival. I also saw some guy who called his guitar 'Lucille'. He wasn't half bad either ;-)

Would it happen to be.....lol

Dillon Levenque wrote:

:-).

I like that song too, but please don't ever give us no more Oprah nor Kenny niether, for that matter.

Janis was in a smallish outdoor venue; had a bottle of Southern Comfort by her side on the stage, It was a Blues festival. I also saw some guy who called his guitar 'Lucille'. He wasn't half bad either ;-)

i know these were after woodstock.but good music is good music and i love timeless music from all decades..

i feel fortunate that i had a father with good music appreciation to pass on such greaat inspiring music for me to listen to=)

one of my favorite bands he used to play when we would go on vacation and be in the car for hours..

@ Dillon: It gets to me that people post on youtube and have no talent:P

I couldn't post the link either.

Some people bring an instrument to life when playing in BB's case his had a single life for every string.  He could always bring a tear to my eyes.

@Ceka, yes Fleetwood Mac woot:)

Dear Mr. Bowman,

I saw on my wall that you may have alluded to the fact of wanting Come Together as the theme for this next festival of yours. Unfortunately, I could not locate the muppets performance of their Ed Sullivan classic, but I found the Beatles instead. Hope you enjoy, and peace out. :P

Thanks Storm, I was responding to your response to Dillon that went like this:
"This post is utter nonsense. I know you think you got it right - but you don't. 

As a matter of fact it is posts like this that started the polemic before and after HippieStock."

In her post she suggested her perception that SF was usually the respondent and not the aggressor.  You disagreed.  I think the reality is more subjective, each person involved had their own perspective, mine changed over time.  As for letting go, I let it go a long time ago.  I was suggesting that we all would be a lot better off if everyone else let it go too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.