Hippiestock II

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

anytime i watch woodtock..this is always one of my favorite parts of it..Ten years after..

when someone playng their guitar as if it were second nature and just another limb on their body that was always there and can really get out there and put on a good show rather than thinking about what fret they have to hit next..

i always get caught up and forget about the world when i get swept away with this performance..

it's Timeless

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ceka Cianci wrote:

anytime i watch woodtock..this is always one of my favorite parts of it..Ten years after..

when someone playng their guitar as if it were second nature and just another limb on their body that was always there and can really get out there and put on a good show rather than thinking about what fret they have to hit next..

i always get caught up and forget about the world when i get swept away with this performance..

it's Timeless

Oh yes Ceka!  Ten Years After rocks!  Far out!

Peace!

Dillon Levenque wrote:

This one is for Dresden on account of he was self-medicating last year. I couldn't find the original but I really like this band—first I've ever heard of them but they have got it on. The bass is way overdone and it makes my speakers rattle but most of you probably have better sound equipment than I do.

YAY!!!!! Thanks Dillon... I love it.  A song about NyQuil with a little duct tape thrown in... this could be my theme song... lol.

...Dres

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Ok All you Hippies! 
I have set a date.

Mark it on your calendar. 
January the 21st
for Hippiestock II!  I have not decided on a time to start and end, but the celebration will last 6 hours this time!  Dig?  Far out and Groovy!

Peace!

New poster on the way. ;)

Noting some of the consternation earlier on in this thread my Hippiestock went like this...

I knew forum people by name mostly, so I went out of curiosity and to see a large gathering in SL. I arrived and was overwhelmed by the pace of the chat, (even early in the piece), so I gave up trying to have any meaningful conversations apart from with a gf who also attended. We nattered away in private chat until she had to leave.

All I managed to do was say some hello's to people I had never met inworld and fire off the odd, hopefully funny quip every now and then. I amused myself by wandering around looking at peoples avis and the trouble they had taken to prepare for it.

I met Keli K as the site was being prepared/built by Ms Finucane, (whom I had never met inworld either) and Maddy McM who was a friend. I did know maybe 8? people from the forum cartel who attended the event itself, but apart from that I knew no one other than having seen their posts on the old GD.

I contributed nothing until after the event where in the spirit of the whole SL community I offered my pose stand, instructions and whitewall for Maddies wonderful Big Picture which was inclusive of people who didn't even attend. Therefore as far as the majority were concerned I was the unknown Avi who snuk up onstage while Gypsy performed, to dance :-D I had never heard of Gypsy or Lillie and I had never even met Hippie. Well I had but didn't realise it until a month? or so ago. 

To this day I am amazed at the friendships that persist from that one event. Every single person I met I look upon with respect and am so pleased to have met them. Some tweet, some flicker, some I hang out with.

In summary get your pixel butt along to it and have a darn good time. If you don't like someone it's ok, just mute them!? If you say Hi to someone be prepared to wait about 6 minutes for their acknowledgement of your hello :^/ When I first started SL big crowds were the norm and the closest you will get to that these days are 80's clubs and the like.

If you are new or shy, say hi to Hippie, me or others with past connections to Hippiestock. To think that anyone felt left out is a major dissapointment to me and I imagine, the majority of patrons. Join the group inworld and as it draws closer the chat will go banannas :-) See you there!!!!

Actually, Dres, your comment reminds me of a story I once heard. I can't swear it's true, but it was Peter Cook, one of the funniest men who ever lived, so I'm prepared to believe it.

Apparently a minion rang him up one day and told him that Andrew and Fergie would like him to come to dinner.

His response? 'Let me check my calendar... No sorry, I seem to be watching television that night.'

Wow, your experience sounds like a mirror of mine :-). Except that I didn't contribute anything after the event either (unless spending like half an hour on your fabulous pose stand looking at myself counts as a contribution). By the way that long skirt you wore for your picture is terrific.

I've marked my calendar, Hippie! I will be there :-).

Maryanne Solo wrote:

Noting some of the consternation earlier on in this thread my Hippiestock went like this...

I knew forum people by name mostly, so I went out of curiosity and to see a large gathering in SL. I arrived and was overwhelmed by the pace of the chat, (even early in the piece), so I gave up trying to have any meaningful conversations apart from with a gf who also attended. We nattered away in private chat until she had to leave.

All I managed to do was say some hello's to people I had never met inworld and fire off the odd, hopefully funny quip every now and then. I amused myself by wandering around looking at peoples avis and the trouble they had taken to prepare for it.

I met Keli K as the site was being prepared/built by Ms Finucane, (whom I had never met inworld either) and Maddy McM who
was
a friend. I did know maybe 8? people from the forum cartel who attended the event itself, but apart from that I knew no one other than having seen their posts on the old GD.

I contributed nothing until after the event where in the spirit of the whole SL community I offered my pose stand, instructions and whitewall for Maddies wonderful Big Picture which was inclusive of people who didn't even attend. Therefore as far as the majority were concerned I was the unknown Avi who snuk up onstage while Gypsy performed, to dance :-D I had never heard of Gypsy or Lillie and I had never even met Hippie. Well I had but didn't realise it until a month? or so ago. 

To this day I am amazed at the friendships that persist from that one event. Every single person I met I look upon with respect and am so pleased to have met them. Some tweet, some flicker, some I hang out with.

In summary get your pixel butt along to it and have a darn good time. If you don't like someone it's ok, just mute them!? If you say Hi to someone be prepared to wait about 6 minutes for their acknowledgement of your hello :^/ When I first started SL big crowds were the norm and the closest you will get to that these days are 80's clubs and the like.

If you are new or shy, say hi to Hippie, me or others with past connections to Hippiestock. To think that anyone felt left out is a major dissapointment to me and I imagine, the majority of patrons. Join the group inworld and as it draws closer the chat will go banannas :-) See you there!!!!

Oh yes!  Well put Maryanne!  Please feel free to contact me, if you need more info on the event!  Also, search out the Hippiestock group inworld, and join it.  That way you will be kept up to date on the event!  Far out and groovy!

Peace!

Lia Abbot wrote:

Actually, Dres, your comment reminds me of a story I once heard. I can't swear it's true, but it was Peter Cook, one of the funniest men who ever lived, so I'm prepared to believe it.

Apparently a minion rang him up one day and told him that Andrew and Fergie would like him to come to dinner.

His response? 'Let me check my calendar... No sorry, I seem to be watching television that night.'

Damn... why didn't I think of that?

@Maryanne: That was pretty much my experience there as well... except I didn't know a soul and went there stag... oh and didn't contribute anything afterwards except my pic, which I did take on your pose stand.  The thing is, I felt I knew everyone there because of getting to know them in the forums, so really it felt like home to me.  That alone made it an incredible experience.

Strangely, I've made very few inworld friends through the forums, but then again I haven't really put forth the effort to do so... that's something I'm trying to change now.  I have great regard for so many people here.  I guess I was of a mind set that my inworld experience should be different that my in-forum experience... now I'm thinking I was completely wrong about that from the start.

It's hard for me to reach out and try to make friends inworld, but that's what I've been trying to do.  I've been trying to go to more and more events with forum members.  Of course, it's been hampered in the last week by my problems with my back, which keeps me off of SL and only able to post here occasionally... simply because sitting at my computer exacerbates the problem.  But it's getting better day by day, so soon I will have no excuse... lol.

Luckily I've been invited to join and joined a few groups on my own that are forum member related... not to mention twitter and the new SLum, so I'm more informed about what's going on.  I do hope to get to know people from here inworld more and more in the future.

Love all around ...Dres  (If someone can, please, let me know whether or not I'm allowed to join the LWL group, I'd be very appreciative.  I wasn't about to just do it, even though I really want to.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.