Hippiestock II

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

DQ Darwin wrote:

Well my last word, and maybe I shouldn't have had a first one is pretty simple. The analogy is not flawed but just a simplistic statement of a deep fact

Not so.  If you think that then you did not read or understand my comment.  Me attending was about not being around a certain person. 

DQ Darwin wrote:

Hate and anger tend to affect those that continue to harbour those feelings and in the end the person they hate carries on happy in life while the one that hates sinks deeper in the abyss. It's the double edged sword syndrome.

No idea what you're talking about.   Me not attending is about not being griefed anymore.  It's about not being harassed.   Can you not understand that someone does not want to be anywhere near another person?   

DQ Darwin wrote:

If one continues to open the hate can and look inside, ones bound to get some on them.

You clearly do not know me.   Nor do you have any idea how I think. 

DQ Darwin wrote:

My underlying complaint I guess was the need you felt to bring it all up again, you could have IM'd Hippie and explained.

Hmm, someone had voiced their feelings on this issue.  Hippie had replied that he welcomed honest commentary.   I guess he was the only one that does. 

DQ Darwin wrote:

BTW the person you are referring to told me some time ago they would probably not attend also for similar reasons resulting from other people. Small world the grid can be.

Sadly, that person created an environment of strife that radiated into a wide circle.   I wanted no part of it then, nor do I now. 

DQ Darwin wrote:

If you come I'll say hi, if you don't then I can't. Either way it all becomes a
mute
point doesn't it.

The word is "moot", but your version seems very appropriate given the turn this thread has taken.   *almost a smile*

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ all  I don't know what happened before my time and I won't try to figure any of it out, but I do want to say this.  I like everyone who has posted here.  I try my best to get along with everyone.  Sometimes it doesn't work because there is almost always one turd in the punch bowl who finds delight in trying to get a rise out of me.  Let's please keep this thread about Hippiestock 2.   I would hate to see people getting angry with each other all over again about stuff that happened last year or even later.

Again, I'll state I don't know what happened and I won't try to take sides, but I can understand Celestiall's point.  If you know someone is going to make you miserable, stay away from them.  She had no idea what would happen there.  In a way it's good that people are stating why they didn't come.  That way we know what went wrong as well as what went right.  How else can we try to change things for the better? 

So in true hippie fashion I say:  Peace!

peace sign.jpg 

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

How so?  The entire time that HS1 was being promoted in the old GD forum, I never once mentioned it, never discussed it,  or tried to rain on anyone's parade. 

My comment here was directed to
Hippy
, as an explanation for why I did not attend.  He seemed to welcome honest commentary.   So, I gave mine.    My comments are not negative regarding HS1...or the actual event.  I pointed out why I had no interest in going.  

I notice that you're not saying anything to Hippy about using words like "soured the soup"..Because it was his very accurate description that promoted me to tell how I felt. 

Celestial, my response was not meant as an attack on you, although you seem to be seeing it that way. If you feel I've criticised you in any way then I apologise

I appreciate your comments were directed to Hippie, but you posted them on an open forum, so I felt perfectly comfortable responding to them. Hippie knows how I feel on the subject.

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Oh, good grief.   I didn't miss anything....because I could have attended...but I
chose
not to. 

My choice. 

Your analogy is waaaaay off. 

Excuse me but you did miss something. An event in which not a single bad word, or criticism, or personal abuse happened. Just a bunch of people, 98% of whom you would have welcomed, having a really fun time.

So I think my analogy is spot on. You missed seeing nearly 70 happy, fun-loving friends because 1 person you dislike was there. And your response about the awful person on the plane was way off, because it suggests that that person would have harassed you at the party, and there was not the slightest sign of harassment by anyone to anyone.

I can't persuade you to come to Hippiestock12, but you will be making a big mistake if you don't.

my only complaint is tha i was there for a couple hours..

people decided to get nakey after i left!!!

you know what kind of complex i have from this?

the nightmares waking up screaming in a cold cold sweat??

it's the same dream every night !!!

Ceka:"ok guys it was a blast..see you all later..sweet dreams"..*Ceka poofs home*

Hippie stock: my god i thought she would never leave

Hippie stock: Well she is gone now!! Lets get naked!! \o/

I'm waiting you all out this year!!! look into my eyes..you can see i am getting serious about it this year :P

cat-eyes.jpg

You're right, and I apologize to Celestiall and everyone for the tone of my last post here.  I was in a foul mood last night having basically been dumped by the person I was interested in right before that.  I usually try not to let my personal drama interfere with my posting here, unfortunately I didn't do a very good job of that in this instance.  I'd rather spike the punch than add turds to it.

A peace offering...

...Dres

Lillie Woodells wrote:

@ all  I don't know what happened before my time and I won't try to figure any of it out, but I do want to say this.  I like everyone who has posted here.  I try my best to get along with everyone.  Sometimes it doesn't work because there is almost always one turd in the punch bowl who finds delight in trying to get a rise out of me.  Let's please keep this thread about Hippiestock 2.   I would hate to see people getting angry with each other all over again about stuff that happened last year or even later.

Again, I'll state I don't know what happened and I won't try to take sides, but I can understand Celestiall's point.  If you know someone is going to make you miserable, stay away from them.  She had no idea what would happen there.  In a way it's good that people are stating why they didn't come.  That way we know what went wrong as well as what went right.  How else can we try to change things for the better? 

peace sign.jpg

Well said.  Thank you.

Lillie Woodells wrote:

peace sign.jpg

You do good work, sugar.:smileyhappy:

Dee, it was either a turd in the punch bowl or a master baiter.  I wasn't sure which worked better but both make the same point.  There is always one in the bunch.  I vote for another party at the barn tonight.  Tonight's theme is "Today is somebody named Mike's rez day somewhere in the world"  I'll serve punch - sans turds.

@Dres  Fantastic response!  I'm sorry you had a bad day and I sincerely hope that today is much better for you *offers you a big hug*

@Dillon I just like to see people get along.  I'll admit I'm naive, but I'm proud of that, and hey, some people like it!  HA!

@Celestiall and Perrie If you two change your minds, the face that there is a longer period of time this time around means more opportunities to go if there is a person or persons that you choose to avoid.  :) 

@Everyone  I love Hippiestock!  It played a huge hand in helping me meet some amazing people, and form some of the closest friendships I've ever had.  However, it doesn't take a massively organized event to do that.  Some of the best nights we've had have been when a group of us decide to get together and just be relaxed and comfortable with each other, or just be silly and crazy.  My Backyard Barbecue is always a peaceful place, even when in chaos.  :) 

Lillie Woodells wrote:

Dee, it was either a turd in the punch bowl or a master baiter.

No comment, but use your imagination... lol.

Lillie Woodells wrote:

@Dres  Fantastic response!  I'm sorry you had a bad day and I sincerely hope that today is much better for you *offers you a big hug*

Awww, thanks =)... I feel better already.  I'm sure I'll meet someone else... maybe this Mike guy is cute.

...Dres

Hiya Hippie...

I would love to be added to the guest list, if possible.  I did make it to the first one for a brief amount of time.  It was packed and everyone seemed to be having a blast.  Wish I could have stayed longer.  I look forward to the next one.

Wiki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.