Hippiestock II

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mother has you and Lia beat by a mile.  Not only did she tell me about seeing him perform when I was a mere child, but she also described the way he came out on stage, by which I was awed.  Three people came out with three boxes, stacked them on top of each other and he burst out of them... I thought that was cool.

She's the one responsible for turning me on to him in the first place... she also turned me on to these guys...

...Dres

Actually I just remembered I saw another band at the Floral Hall, a bunch of up-and-coming guys called Genesis. I'd recently bought their album Trespass and thought them worth a look. Afterwards I had a chat with their drummer in the bar. A guy called Phil Collins.

Lia Abbot wrote:

Actually I just remembered I saw another band at the Floral Hall, a bunch of up-and-coming guys called Genesis. I'd recently bought their album Trespass and thought them worth a look. Afterwards I had a chat with their drummer in the bar. A guy called Phil Collins.

Very cool, I'm guessing that was back when Peter Gabriel was still with them.  I just adore him.

@Charolotte: I'm glad you enjoyed it.  I thought the name alone was a pretty good description of SL... lol.

...Dres

This one is for Dresden on account of he was self-medicating last year. I couldn't find the original but I really like this band—first I've ever heard of them but they have got it on. The bass is way overdone and it makes my speakers rattle but most of you probably have better sound equipment than I do.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.