Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts


Storm Clarence wrote:

I think someone should alert alphaville herald and Sigmund so we don't have any unintentional mis-information printed.  

I am sure Sigmund would thoroughly enjoy himself. Especially when he sees the lengths everyone goes to ensuring enjoyment for all. 

I especially look forward to Live Reports coverage and Sigmunds possible first hand opinion 8^)

This was my first reaction on arrival:

HippiestockShock.jpg

(sneaks piccie in one more time) :matte-motes-smitten:

Come to think of it, I'll probably still be wearing the same clothes. *shrugs It's only been a year ^^

I've also been thinking of how to turn an $L or two... A leg hair dreadlock stall should do it! roflz.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic


Maryanne Solo wrote:


Storm Clarence wrote:

I think someone should alert alphaville herald and Sigmund so we don't have any unintentional mis-information printed.  

I am sure Sigmund would thoroughly enjoy himself. Especially when he sees the lengths everyone goes to ensuring enjoyment for all. 

I especially look forward to Live Reports coverage and Sigmunds possible first hand opinion 8^)

This was my first reaction on arrival:

HippiestockShock.jpg

(sneaks piccie in one more time) :matte-motes-smitten:

Come to think of it, I'll probably still be wearing the same clothes. *shrugs It's only been a year ^^

I've also been thinking of how to turn an $L or two... A leg hair dreadlock stall should do it! roflz.

 

Thanks for the pic again. I really like that dress; it's perfect! I still have my pic safely stored away too.

@Hippie—you know I will be there! And thanks, again and in advance. :smileyvery-happy:

Peace!

Link to post
Share on other sites


Dillon Levenque wrote:


Maryanne Solo wrote:


Storm Clarence wrote:

I think someone should alert alphaville herald and Sigmund so we don't have any unintentional mis-information printed.  

I am sure Sigmund would thoroughly enjoy himself. Especially when he sees the lengths everyone goes to ensuring enjoyment for all. 

I especially look forward to Live Reports coverage and Sigmunds possible first hand opinion 8^)

This was my first reaction on arrival:

HippiestockShock.jpg

(sneaks piccie in one more time) :matte-motes-smitten:

Come to think of it, I'll probably still be wearing the same clothes. *shrugs It's only been a year ^^

I've also been thinking of how to turn an $L or two... A leg hair dreadlock stall should do it! roflz.

 

Thanks for the pic again. I really like that dress; it's perfect! I still have my pic safely stored away too.

@Hippie—you know I will be there! And thanks, again and in advance. :smileyvery-happy:

Peace!

Far out Dillon!

 

Peace!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all you groovy Hippies!  I know Hippiestock II is a bit far off.  I am thinking January again for the next Hippiestock.  I would like to make some changes, for Hippiestock II.  I would like the celebration to last 6 hours.  This way we can cover more time zones, and we can add some additional performers.  Would love to have Lillie and Gypsy out again if they would, but would also like to have some more performers.  Like the Woodstock, there where lots of performers, and the celebration went on for some time.  So....  If interested in donating your time and talent to the next Hippiestock, post here to be considered.  This could be either live performers, or DJ's.  I will also send out a notice to the Hippiestock group! Also, post here if you plan to attend Hippiestock II.  That way I will have a list of all you groovy hippies, that plan to attend! Groovy and far out!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I won't be attending this year.  I am embarrassed that I participated last year.  All those people attending, even being allowed to contribute, pretending to be all lovey dovey, while at the same time constantly, persistently and consistently stabbing each other in the back both on the Flogs and their personal blogs.

If this opinion makes me unpopular, so be it.

We all shared at Woodstock what Melanie sings in her song, "We had all caught the same disease: Peace"

I wish you well in doing this Hippie, but I just can not see myself participating again after what went on last year.  It was just too painful for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perrie: Would you not consider "all" a rather broad stroke of the brush. I don't recall having any confrontations with anyone that was there.

I guess its a matter of one's perspective, rather sad really:(


Perrie Juran wrote:

I won't be attending this year.  I am embarrassed that I participated last year.  All those people attending, even being allowed to contribute, pretending to be all lovey dovey, while at the same time constantly, persistently and consistently stabbing each other in the back both on the Flogs and their personal blogs.

If this opinion makes me unpopular, so be it.

We all shared at Woodstock what Melanie sings in her song, "We had all caught the same disease: Peace"

I wish you well in doing this Hippie, but I just can not see myself participating again after what went on last year.  It was just too painful for me.



Link to post
Share on other sites

it was not about pretending to be who we are not, it was about recognizing that we all have our differences but that doesnt mean that we can not have a good time together.

many in hippiestock had fights with each other at some point mostly caused by different opinions based on different cultural backgrounds, we came together to have in low priority our conflicts, to take a breath of fresh air, to lay our weapons down, and enjoy each other company. and we did.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really think you completely missed the point of Hippiestock. Yes some of us argue and fight in the forums, but everyone who I've met in-world from the forums has been pleasant and friendly. And Hippiestock was a confirmation of that. A bunch of people with different opinions but a similar lifestyle getting together and having some fun.

I have had lots of quite fierce arguments with people on these forums, many of whose opinions, whether religious, national or political are completely at odds with mine. Almost never, though, have those arguments come anywhere near hatred or abuse. just sensible people voicing their opinions, then listening to the reply they get.

So Hippiestock was an opportunity to meet with those people and dance and chat. A really life enhancing opportunity.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Um... wasn't the point that, with all of our differences, for one day, we could all come together for a higher purpose?... one day of unity? I, for one, had no quarrels with anyone that participated last year (though afterwards I couldn't exactly say that). I would certainly, for one day of the year (and hopefully more), be able to do that again... how sad that you feel that you can't. I hope you will reconsider, it doesn't have to be about what is wrong between us, but what can be right. Perhaps I'm naive.

...Dres

Link to post
Share on other sites


Argus Collingwood wrote:

Grid Willing the family will be there with beads on. Let me ask Songbird Sorbet if she would like to do her 60's set. She'll be doing it at our club August 2nd in case anyone wants to sample HippieStock early;-)

Thanks Argus!  Would you ask Songbird?  Let me know when she will be at your club.  I would love to attend to hear Songbird!  Far out!

 

Peace!

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...