Place To Hangout???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are there any places to hangout that have at least 50 plus people who aren't noobs or bots besides music clubs or nsfw adult sims looking for a non toxic place to hang out so no peak lounge, 511, dumpster, humble brag etc etc

Edited by BrattyGirl UwU
new
  • Like 1

50 avatars will be your main sticking point. Yes, busy places exist, but you'd be looking at 25-35 people-ish.

Cutting out music will shrink that number even more, but try some of the more popular roleplaying sims and cities. There are also gaming regions with people and places that cater to photographers are sometimes active (backdrop city, parks, etc.). Fishing areas like Fish Hunt HQ are popular, too. Breedables markets. Stuff like that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

You could take a look at what's popular on the destination guide https://secondlife.com/destinations/popular where you are going to fall down is the 50+ avatar requirement as that rules more or less the whole of mainland and Bellisseria where there are events and large clusters of avatars in the same place. These are often centered around traffic booster devices that pay people to be there 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Oh, wait! The tinies or dinkies may have places!

Yeah, Dinkies and Tinies do but they are more like events.  Wootstock is coming up in July and it's a 3-day event with live musicians and bands, most of whom are NOT Dinkies or Tinies but human avatar musicians and performers.  Join Raglan Shire for event notices.  There are lots of events for Dinkies and Tinies, some have been the 90 avatar limit or more, where somehow they join another sim when if it goes over the 90 limit.  Definitely not a toxic environment and is suitable for work as mostly G or PG.  You can be a human at most of the Dinkie/Tiny events.  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

40 for mainland, 100 for (full region) private estate IIRC.

That's before premium perks are considered.

I thought the limit was 90 for a full region, Tessa.  At least that's what I was told.  

6 hours ago, BrattyGirl UwU said:

50 plus people 

Do you mean over 50 years old? Or more than 50 avatars. 50 avatars in one place in SL doesn't usually work. 

I like The Rainy Cafe, it's really cute and beautiful, moody.

https://secondlife.com/destination/the-rainy-cafe

I also like Warehouse 21 but that's a music spot, so not on your list I guess. 

https://secondlife.com/destination/warehouse-21

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

pffft. I dunno maybe things have changed but I don't think 100 is doable.

Should we plan a get together and try it?  ha

Anyhow, once SL has a good mobile client, that could the future for some places.  50, 100 plus people, who knows.  There are almost 7 billion people on cell phones.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've been to plenty of events with more than 50 people. Some with more than 100 (even with a limit at 100, it's a few more due to premium priority access). On my old computer, I used wireframe mode, didn't moved, and crashed every few minutes. Also, if you crash and it's already 100+ people, there's a chance of not getting back into the event on returning. On my new computer, the client lag isn't an issue, but the conversation still goes very fast. Generally, you get better chat when it's fewer people, as the chat is a bit slower and people crash less.

In upcoming "I love lag" events, look for anything involving Lindens. Charity jail and bails, meet the Lindens, see Patch get digested again, all that sort of stuff.

7 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

I happened to be at a big event when they were trialling the extra capacity. It was at 160-something. I could do nothing, I couldn't even move my camera around. I had no choice but to just teleport away.

I'm surprised it even let you TP out without crashing...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy blind jumping too, Ags. But it didn't seem to me to be a good idea for the OP, judging from what she said she wanted to avoid, e.g.,

NSFW adult places, bot farms, or clubs. Those make up the majority of the places where you'll find large clusters of green dots on the Map.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2023 at 8:25 AM, BrattyGirl UwU said:

Are there any places to hangout that have at least 50 plus people who aren't noobs or bots besides music clubs or nsfw adult sims looking for a non toxic place to hang out so no peak lounge, 511, dumpster, humble brag etc etc

I think the 50 people is hard..because usually those numbers equal NSFW areas or "pickup" areas.I get hit on all the time at music clubs, it's like "dude, no I don't want to pixel bump you, I'm trying to just enjoy the music"..A friend told me to check out coffee shops. No idea there were such things in SL..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.