Mind a bit of Mainland driving advice?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

No, I don't mean to go gown that rabbit hole again :) Mainland dweller here, mostly ground dweller, and I don't mind if you crash into my yard, I ensure you. Stuff happens. 

But...

There are countless driving SIMs where you can get to know your vehicle first, and getting to know what SL driving is, before you embark at speed 11 between SIMs.

Happy driving from a fairly experienced both a track and Mainland SL driver.

• Like 3

Maybe someone should set up an official SL driving school. It would be a scream to have L-platers around the mainland. Not for the mainland residents obviously. I've never gone faster than warp factor 2 and always ended up stuck in someone's fence or fishpond so it's Shanks's pony for me forevermore.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Maybe someone should set up an official SL driving school.

This would be brilliant xD And have a test with @HeathcliffMontague with a clipboard too 🙂

If SL cars could get damaged like in GTA 5, every single one would have dents in the sides...I've NEVER been able to keep in a straight line on SL, so just drift between the walls on each side, lol. Worst is when the car suddenly goes underground and you end up bald and flying through the sea O.o I once ended up crashing into someone's rooftop party, but they were OK about it!

LL should make it mandatory to put this sign up at all ban lines near roads

image.gif.a10544d39ee45d918cfa7f414f6d3581.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

This would be brilliant xD And have a test with @HeathcliffMontague with a clipboard too 🙂

If SL cars could get damaged like in GTA 5, every single one would have dents in the sides...I've NEVER been able to keep in a straight line on SL, so just drift between the walls on each side, lol. Worst is when the car suddenly goes underground and you end up bald and flying through the sea O.o I once ended up crashing into someone's rooftop party, but they were OK about it!

LL should make it mandatory to put this sign up at all ban lines near roads

image.gif.a10544d39ee45d918cfa7f414f6d3581.gif

Somewhere buried in my inventory is a scruffy old flatbed truck that I got from a place called Joke Factory. It's scripted to fall to bits, doors come off, and I think a wheel or two, I shall have to dig it out at some point again. 

Defo need that sign. Ban lines are a real pain in the arse, but it used to be great when people left a ghost behind through crashing vehicles on sim/region borders.

• Like 3

I love to drive the roads of Heterocera continent.
Especially the cobble roads. By car, bicycle, motorbike and horse. A great way to explore.
And dont forget the SLRR.. Forgotten or even unknown by a lot of SL residents 

The roads are empty, The railways are deserted.
Along the railways you will find beautyfull builds, villages and much more.

All worthwhile to discover
And the lag of the old days is gone and much less now.
I can drive pretty fast and don't crash very often.

Edited by Ian Mercury
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Speaking of rails and sandboxes, there's a Premium test track with four regions of SLRR-compatible rail.

Every SLRR station also has a little rez zone in front, so the whole SLRR is pretty handy for testing and learning to control a new locomotive.

Nice !
Thanks for posting👍

Snapshot_001.jpg

Edited by Ian Mercury
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Somewhere buried in my inventory is a scruffy old flatbed truck that I got from a place called Joke Factory. It's scripted to fall to bits, doors come off, and I think a wheel or two, I shall have to dig it out at some point again. 

Found it!  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Primary/32/152/25

image.thumb.jpeg.598300f63a147edf9d2535f7546a86b4.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.