THE SKIN FAIR 2023

Ceka Cianci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Nice uh..eyes! Yeah, eyes!

(And lips. Very nice lips.)

/me unglues eyeballs from screen

Lol, the details freaking kill me. Every time I wear my other skin (the Malik), I'm just fascinated with my pores, and I'm not even on Ultra settings. Go figure.

Unfortunately, this skin does not come in my current Stray Dog skin tone (it stops just short), so it would require purchasing a new body skin, too. NUUUUUUU! That might save me from spending on it right now.

• Like 2

Snow Rabbit has an adorable new head available at the fair. It is 30% off and competitively priced. There are skins available to go with it. I was not going to get a new mesh head but this was too sweet and very different from what else is out there. It is not Evo X compatible and I think it uses a different UV map for the high definition makeup, there is a dev kit in the works. I really like the lashes on this head, a lot of head makers fall short with their lashes, and the mouth is just too cute. The animations are really good, and worth using.

Snapshot_013.jpg

• Like 12

I remember when Skin Fair was just skins. Then a few shape stores started to seep in. Now the tattoos, shapes and makeups outnumber the skins 😑. Probably time to rename the annual event IMO.

I still got a few things though. Namely my new fave Rosie from Mila (below, worn on Inez), One from Tres Beau, two from Voguel since they were so cheap, and one from Boataom. Then I ran out of money after I bought my alt a skin from Simple Bloom main store.

Snapshot1_081.jpg

• Like 5

On 3/10/2023 at 6:06 PM, Dorientje Woller said:

That's why I passed them. If they can't even do a special promo for one of the main events of SL, why bother to spend your lindens on it. Oh, Maximillian from LOGO promissed that he will start to update his older heads to EVO X enabled ones after the Skin Fair.

He does? OMG awesome! I loved his heads, best animations imo and they're unique 🥰

• Like 2

On 3/10/2023 at 8:32 AM, Anicha Heartsong said:

I'm probably not going to bother even going to the Skin Fair. For some reason, there's no way to teleport anywhere. They give out SLURLS to all the stores on their map, near the landing point, but they don't actually work. Any attempt to TP takes you back to the landing point. The 'teleport to' function in Area Search also always leads back the landing point. This is just plain annoying. Perhaps it's designed that way - to keep the place uncrowded.

THIS is why I will not visit events like this. CONTROL. Why they do this is beyond me.  THEN they have that stupid push that moves you out of the landing point. (not sure if this event has it) just commenting on a valid post from you.

24 minutes ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

I'm probably not going to bother even going to the Skin Fair. For some reason, there's no way to teleport anywhere. They give out SLURLS to all the stores on their map, near the landing point, but they don't actually work. Any attempt to TP takes you back to the landing point. The 'teleport to' function in Area Search also always leads back the landing point. This is just plain annoying. Perhaps it's designed that way - to keep the place uncrowded.

THIS is why I will not visit events like this. CONTROL. Why they do this is beyond me.  THEN they have that stupid push that moves you out of the landing point. (not sure if this event has it) just commenting on a valid post from you.

Life is too short to be hindered from moving freely in a lag soup of a sim. I've asked store owners if they plan to sell their wares in their mainstore after the event ends because I will not buy from a place where estate owners make it so difficult for customers to move around efficiently.

• Like 4

You can use those slurls, then open map and cam to.arrow.where  the merchant is. That's what I do.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Life is too short to be hindered from moving freely in a lag soup of a sim. I've asked store owners if they plan to sell their wares in their mainstore after the event ends because I will not buy from a place where estate owners make it so difficult for customers to move around efficiently.

It's not too bad there right now.. There is like 30 people in the two outside sims.. The middle one has like 45 people in it..

It definitely seems to be dying down compared to the first couple of days..

• Like 2

I really liked the skins from Simple Bloom (when they were first released), but they didn't have body skins, only heads, and I prefer to buy skins body and head made from the same creator.

Do they already have body skins?

Edited by Tary Allen
add info
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tary Allen said:

I really liked the skins from Simple Bloom (when they were first released), but they didn't have body skins, only heads, and I prefer to buy skins body and head made from the same creator.

They don't have them at the event, just heads.. I'm not sure about body skins or not..I know they have a few doors when you land at their store, so they may have a door there for those..

But If I really like a head skin and love a different body skin, I just use a neck blend and really, I enjoy the freedom that comes with that.. I like the have the option of being able to get both that I really love.. Some head creators that do make body skins, a lot of times I end up not liking one or the other.. it's rare when I like both.. hehehe

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Amelia Freund said:

I remember when Skin Fair was just skins. Then a few shape stores started to seep in. Now the tattoos, shapes and makeups outnumber the skins 😑. Probably time to rename the annual event IMO.

I still got a few things though. Namely my new fave Rosie from Mila (below, worn on Inez), One from Tres Beau, two from Voguel since they were so cheap, and one from Boataom. Then I ran out of money after I bought my alt a skin from Simple Bloom main store.

Snapshot1_081.jpg

I like this oone

I blew mah monies on hairbases! \o/

That freaking Angel Eyes just gets me every time.. They make such nice hairbases and next door was SAP which I'm glad their hairbase was a gift.. It's a really nice hairbase also..

I guess I'm just gonna gift hunt now, because I'm not buying lindens today. Imma test mahself.. hehehe

1 hour ago, Tary Allen said:

They don't have body skins. They have a notecard in with their skins telling you which body skins from which creators will match - these are from The Skinnery, Deetalez, and Velour depending on the tone. The Simple Bloom skins come with a neck fade so they are easy to blend with body skins that are a close match. 

• Like 2

I gave in when I came across this skin from LOWEN Beauty - Malania

It was 50% off also :)

I wasn't sure about it at first because it's kind of close in a way to what I already have in my Mila Lulia skin.. But then seen the detail feels better around the eyes and not any highlighting or shininess to it..So it works really well in the different lightings..Plus it just feels better..  hehehe

Also I have on one of the Angel Eyes messy hairbase that I picked up today..

I guess I wasn't able to get out of there without buying a skin.. hehehe

I'm glad I did keep going back though..

LowneSkinMalania.thumb.png.ac679f524d958e3efd906b7af5dda76b.png

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 5

Awesome pale skin from She Said Destroy comes with loads of extras for only 500L. I am not finding many very pale / gothic skins at Skin Fair, sure there are designers offering lighter tones, but not many that are obviously intended to be pale. I got this and the Nar Mattaru skin, not sure if there are any others available there.

Snapshot_018.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Awesome pale skin from She Said Destroy comes with loads of extras for only 500L. I am not finding many very pale / gothic skins at Skin Fair, sure there are designers offering lighter tones, but not many that are obviously intended to be pale. I got this and the Nar Mattaru skin, not sure if there are any others available there.

Snapshot_018.jpg

I loved some of the looks from She Said Destroy, then discovered they really only support Legacy at their in world store.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I gave in when I came across this skin from LOWEN Beauty - Malania

It was 50% off also :)

I wasn't sure about it at first because it's kind of close in a way to what I already have in my Mila Lulia skin.. But then seen the detail feels better around the eyes and not any highlighting or shininess to it..So it works really well in the different lightings..Plus it just feels better..  hehehe

Also I have on one of the Angel Eyes messy hairbase that I picked up today..

I guess I wasn't able to get out of there without buying a skin.. hehehe

I'm glad I did keep going back though..

LowneSkinMalania.thumb.png.ac679f524d958e3efd906b7af5dda76b.png

This was the one I picked up at well. LOVE it!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CalypsoJewel said:

This was the one I picked up at well. LOVE it!

I love it too even more today than yesterday.. hehehe  It's such a soft feel to it compared to my other skin I was wearing.. I really love how it has just the right touch of puffy feel under they eyes. :)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

To be honest, I did not visit the fair because of freebies/goodies. I spent a lot of time because too much make up and tattoo creators are there (why is there no separate fair for these products?) and in my opinion just few new skins. There are some creators with products which look like their previous work. I haven't seen something really new so that I would say, it's a must have. Btw. some put in their stores freebies but in the end you have to pay for, even its not that much (50 Linden). Maybe I missed the understanding of freebies. Anyway, I found it disappointing. 

Edited by Manu Mysterious
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Manu Mysterious said:

To be honest, I did not visit the fair because of freebies/goodies. I spent a lot of time because too much make up and tattoo creators are there (why is there no separate fair for these products?) and in my opinion just few new skins. There are some creators with products which look like their previous work. I haven't seen something really new so that I would say, it's a must have. Btw. some put in their stores freebies but in the end you have to pay for, even its not that much (50 Linden). Maybe I missed the understanding of freebies. Anyway, I found it disappointing. 

I found it very hard to find stuff and agree, too many shapes, tattoos etc. I ended up only really looking at creators I already knew, after seeing their stuff on the guide or Flickr.

• Like 2

I didn't buy a single thing at Skin Fair. I've gone back a couple more times, but I simply didn't see anything that I just had to have.  I may go back to get AlaskaMetro's eyeshadow pack because she always has good prices, but I've given myself a rule that I can't buy anything that isn't unique to what I already have in my inventory.  I've reached a saturation point with makeup because I have what seems like ALL the colors. I don't go for all of the diamonds and swirlyques and undereye globs that seem to be popular these days.  Even my favorite shops that are at Skin Fair seem to be rehashing products I already own.  I also don't wear tattoos, and I make my own shapes. I'm ok with not getting any gifts.  Most gifts (aside from the Christmaspalooza thrown by Lelutka) just aren't to my taste. Cocoa Matrix's gift was cute, but I didn't see any skins I wanted to purchase to get that gift. 

I wish Izzie's had been there with some new correctors/products.  I probably would have purchased something. Izzie gets me just about every Friday she's in FLF. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.