Infrastructure Investment Update: Buy/Sell Fee Change and Land Pricing Effective Mar 6, 2023 DISCUSSION

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So..we're punheads? I mean, pinheads? (Honestly misspelled it, so kept it.)

F69651D7-D309-4791-A97F-6A41A00D4B57.jpeg

You didn't hear me say so!

(Actually, what I was implicitly comparing people here to was the hordes of medieval and Renaissance philosophers and theologians who destroyed entire forests -- or herds of sheep -- engaging in unreadable and pointless debates about abstruse and unimportant theological matters.)

• Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 1:20 PM, Rowan Amore said:

Coffee prices, per unit have gone up 43% in the last ten years.  

I've noticed the price of coffee skyrocketing but had no idea it was that much. Maybe it's time to rethink that habit too. Coffee makes me poop though.

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/6/2023 at 12:51 PM, Quistess Alpha said:

The more I think about this, the more it seems like "trickle down economics" or, "tax the poor and give to the oh so benevolent rich".

As has been pointed out above, it's still infeasible to own a full region unless you're a land baron or representative of an active community. L$ "taxes" will effect the cost of everything, and an increased cash out fee is going to lead to L$ price inflation.

I own two Regions, full & grandfathered purchased back when they were insanely priced and class 4, we talking easy 2500 each Region... I had them when they were upgraded to class 5, but not before SL tried to charge me to upgrade them to class 5 - fortunately someone told me don't pay cause they are going to upgrade anyway and by golly they sure did!   I've been cautious ever since and watch the value of my land decrease year after year.    Now, with this most recent change, I will be paying just $20.00 less a month than a standard full Region.     Every year SL makes it cheaper for everyone except the people that have been here from day one and paid out the nose all these years converting lindens to cash and the past year pay taxes on the the Tier.      Its time the grandfathered Sims were cut a break.   

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.