Valentine’s Day 2023 - Love Train Event

Patch Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Administrators

Residents all over the grid.. Join hands… on the Love Train, the Love Train!

df0357113a691b604f4843f6a5f0396f.jpg

On Tuesday, February 14 starting at 12pm SLT, join us on the Love Train! 

The Moles will be running trolleys all along the Eastern Loop of the Bellisseria Railway. The primary departure point is Muehlenbach Station, but residents can hop on from any station as the trolleys go by. The trolleys will run in both directions along the route, stopping in Allrutti Station just outside of Newbank for residents to disembark.

Collect your map of the route and the landmarks from one of the kiosks in-world. 

0ab75fface8de0386fca3fe065173f6f.jpg

At the end of the ride and a short walk to Newbank, take the teleport to Isle of View and join us for the Hug & Dunk a Linden event.

Anyone who wishes to rez their own train for the trip is also welcome to do so. If they do, we only ask they follow a few guidelines if they decorate their train:

Please keep it within the General maturity rating only.
No political signs or themes.
Please keep all decorations in a Valentine’s theme.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Woot!  What a great idea!  Is there anyone who doesn't have the song engraved on their cerebellum?

So far out, grab your bellbottoms if you gott'em (I remember making a system pair using a paisley texture, and really long system hair, my first month in SL), to party down on the Love Train!

If the moles contrive to get a DJ to put together a Motown set that repeats all day, and replace the rigid sits in the trolleys with a dance of some kind, I for one will crank up AIMP and have a whole lotta R E S P E C T !!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Woot!  What a great idea!  Is there anyone who doesn't have the song engraved on their cerebellum?

So far out, grab your bellbottoms if you gott'em (I remember making a system pair using a paisley texture, and really long system hair, my first month in SL), to party down on the Love Train!

If the moles contrive to get a DJ to put together a Motown set that repeats all day, and replace the rigid sits in the trolleys with a dance of some kind, I for one will crank up AIMP and have a whole lotta R E S P E C T !!

Don't you mean a DJ for a Moletown set?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hey, tomorrow is Love Train day!  THIS valentine's event is for everybody, not just lovers.

Note that the song I linked above,  "Love Train",  is not about romance, it is about World Peace.  

People all over the world
Join hands
Start a love train, love train

The next stop that we make will be England
Tell all the folks in Russia, and China, too
Don't you know that it's time to get on board
And let this train keep on riding, riding on through
Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2

I was waiting to see if anyone else posted now it's happened, but to be fair, I think the trains were eating most of the passengers. So probably not around to post. Anyway, it was good fun. Got kicked from the first train at a region crossing. Managed to make it to the end on the second train. I hugged some Lindens, but failed to dunk anyone as my aim is terrible. Thank you for organising the event!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

It was fun but many, many trains going the other way on the  tracks ran right through my body.  Still nursing my bruises.🤕 🩹  🤕 🤕

The train did run over a few other trains and anyone who didn't get off the tracks in time. Along with all the passengers who didn't make it to the end. But it arrived at the destination on time!

• Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.