Issue with regions becoming full, but still showing available prims.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How many of you traveling through Mainland on a vehicle have encountered an excessive amount of regions that despite showing prims available, report that the region is full when you try enter or rez something in?

I reported it at https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-232171

This week has been the worst I've ever seen it.

One thing I noticed that is curious is that many of the regions have Get The Freight Out depots in or nearby.

The regions are not all on the same channel either.

• Like 2

I see those messages when I am not part of the Group on those regions like just happened on http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Mogwa/178/218/60. When i tried rezzing something I received the message the  Unable to create new object. The region is full. That message would likely go away if I was part of that group. To me it is just awkwardly worded where it should say you must belong to the group to rezz anything.

6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I see those messages when I am not part of the Group on those regions like just happened on http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Mogwa/178/218/60. When i tried rezzing something I received the message the  Unable to create new object. The region is full. That message would likely go away if I was part of that group. To me it is just awkwardly worded where it should say you must belong to the group to rezz anything.

The region is full message is not related to group rezzing.

Not being in the group produces the same message as if you were not allowed to publicly rez.

Also, I'm talking about rezzing in the rez zones along Linden highways. That is currently not possible in the regions affected.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

The region is full message is not related to group rezzing.

Not being in the group produces the same message as if you were not allowed to publicly rez.

Also, I'm talking about rezzing in the rez zones along Linden highways. That is currently not possible in the regions affected.

I've gotten both on my own land.  But I never really had it happen until after I switched it to group.. Those might not be related since it could have been after some change that came later on after I switched my land over, like the cloud or something..

I've been getting exactly the same problem on one of my plots, and there's a thread in the Land forum from another person who had the same problem. It seems to be unrelated to anything. The plot is not full, the region is not full, I'm not trying to rez on mesh, and the land is owned by me. Requesting a region restart seems to cure it for a while, but not for long.

I've got land in hundreds of mainland regions and, as far as I know, the others are all ok. I can't help thinking that it must be something LL have done.

• Like 1

This has been an ongoing issue in the Satori continent for the past 3 or 4 days now.  Regions that wont let you drive in (your vehicle gets stuck on the border) but let you walk in just fine. 

I have used that Boxy LL help desk bot thingy to get several regions there restarted over the past 24 hours.  I have to say that I've been really impressed with this system.  It takes only a few seconds to select Region Restart from the menu, choose mainland, then type in the region name.  The region goes off line within about 30 seconds, and is back up after only 2 or 3 minutes.  After that the vehicle can move through fine.

I saw the same issue much earlier in the year in another continent, but can't remember what was the actual issue, though i vaguely remember it might have had something to do with  the calculations for land impact of mesh being broken, and everything is getting counted as prims, or everything is getting counted as convex hull in the physics type.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

This has been an ongoing issue in the Satori continent for the past 3 or 4 days now.  Regions that wont let you drive in (your vehicle gets stuck on the border) but let you walk in just fine. 

I have used that Boxy LL help desk bot thingy to get several regions there restarted over the past 24 hours.  I have to say that I've been really impressed with this system.  It takes only a few seconds to select Region Restart from the menu, choose mainland, then type in the region name.  The region goes off line within about 30 seconds, and is back up after only 2 or 3 minutes.  After that the vehicle can move through fine.

I saw the same issue much earlier in the year in another continent, but can't remember what was the actual issue, though i vaguely remember it might have had something to do with  the calculations for land impact of mesh being broken, and everything is getting counted as prims, or everything is getting counted as convex hull in the physics type.

Region goes into 5 minutes timer to alert users so doesn't go offline in 30 seconds.  Takes a couple minutes to come back online

My region, Weinlos, is doing the same thing.

It does *NOT* have a GTFO hub in it since I closed mine in February, I own all the roadside so it's GTFO-Free unless I put my gas station back up.

I submitted a ticket, and was linked to this thread when I posted asking if this was happening to anyone else.

I thought parcel issue at first but I tried rezzing in the Linden Public Works rez zone and got the same error.

• Like 1

I have noticed this problem only yesterday. I visited a couple of old university sims that appeared to be unchanged for a decade or more. They had sandbox areas where 'about land' stated there were prims available but when I tried to rez a simple cube it said the parcel is full.

6 hours ago, belindacarson said:

Have any of you used support to restart these regions as you encounter them? Boxy can restart most mainland Sims.

Yes, I have. It restarts the region which does cure the problem for a few hours, but then after that it goes back to saying that it's full again

Personally I'm just wondering how many people have actually done something about it like getting a restart, or just running to the forums whining as per usual? 🤔

I took a little time out of my own day to use boxy to get as many of the listed Sims restarted, before this week's rolling restarts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, belindacarson said:

Personally I'm just wondering how many people have actually done something about it like getting a restart, or just running to the forums whining as per usual? 🤔

Someone answered you to say that restarts only fixed it for a few hours. That means there wasn't much people could do outside of reporting the bug. The real question at the moment is whether the rolling restarts did something else to fix the underlying problem or if it'll just creep back again.

• Like 3

The restarts worked again at first for me but now it is back to showing the same message.

"Unable to create requested object. The region is full."

I've reopened my ticket so hopefully they'll have another look at it.

Are any of the other regions having the problem again?

4 hours ago, K9Mark said:

The restarts worked again at first for me but now it is back to showing the same message.

"Unable to create requested object. The region is full."

I've reopened my ticket so hopefully they'll have another look at it.

Are any of the other regions having the problem again?

have you contacted support for restart(s)?

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, belindacarson said:

have you contacted support for restart(s)?

Yes, lots of times. I've tried everything. I've had Boxy restarts, been in contact with Live Chat, and also opened a support ticket, which I've reopened today because their restart didn't work for long. I don't know how many other people are opening tickets and going on Live Chat to report the same problem with other regions but I know there are definitely some, so LL should actually get the message at some stage. There is something wrong with certain regions and a restart works at first, but not for long.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LibGwen said:

Sounds like for some reason the regions aren't "subtracting" elements that are de-rezzed or which leave the region.

They don't show as full in 'About land' and each individual plot shows the correct figure for how many prims are there and how many are available, but trying to rez anything at all just brings the same message: "Unable to create requested object. The region is full."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nando Yip said:

I've been trying to pass this point on Route 8 for more than a week and it's impossible, a warning appears about the area being crowded, and it's not possible to enter any vehicle through the road.

23299851_outononov22_004.thumb.png.566ca6032da4c6551025ec4d0861c134.png

Have you filed a ticket? Don't have to be premium for this - just use the *region offline* category and explain the problem.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.