Most recent eBody Reborn update has a mod version.

Blaise Glendevon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 10/19/2022 at 3:35 PM, Blaise Glendevon said:

Ugh. The disaster if Reborn overtakes the rest of the mesh bodies in the #1 spot. 

Why would that be a disaster? If anything a mod supported body reigning supreme would be an objectively good thing for the market of human bodies that were all no mod practically since day one of mesh bodies becoming a thing.  One of the main reasons I just never wanted to bother with those bodies.

Only like downside I see is just how pricey the reborn seems to be compared to other bodies, and then of course the growing pains of having to let the clothing selection build back up again.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Cackle Amore said:

Why would that be a disaster? If anything a mod supported body reigning supreme would be an objectively good thing for the market of human bodies that were all no mod practically since day one of mesh bodies becoming a thing.  One of the main reasons I just never wanted to bother with those bodies.

Only like downside I see is just how pricey the reborn seems to be compared to other bodies, and then of course the growing pains of having to let the clothing selection build back up again.

Because the body is less-than-versatile in shape. 

24 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Because the body is less-than-versatile in shape. 

Not really any different from the other bodies. They all have their limits inherent from the base models shape itself. Maitreya and Freya for example, Freya's model is thicker, so it can't really get as skinny as the Maitreya can, while Maitreya's model is skinny, so it can barely get as thicker as the Freya can.

At most you can get kind of a skinny fat look between the two at Miats highest and Frey's lowest. The Reborn is closer to the Freya side, so similarly it can't be fully turned into a stick figure like the maitreya but it does a pretty modest job at a more average sized body at it's lowest settings.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cackle Amore said:

Legacy pretty much started the stupidly priced body trend. Compared to most these days that pop up, Reborn is actually not badly priced at all. Under 4k iirc.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CalypsoJewel said:

Legacy pretty much started the stupidly priced body trend. Compared to most these days that pop up, Reborn is actually not badly priced at all. Under 4k iirc.

I mean Legacy was worth the investment in 2019. I didn't spend any of my own money. I got showered with money for my birthday. So no better time than to buy it. Lol 

30 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Reborn is really hammed to the shape it ships with and depends entirely on stacking deformers to force it out of the mold, which of course consumes attachment point slots.

That is very true..

If I had to pick a body right now, that had the most diversity to do those things and stay in conformity, going from curvy to  say thinner frame, that would meetup with say the Freya or Maitreya.. I would say it would be either of the Gen x versions..  Because each version can do both to some extent.

Where reborn no matter what, I still have to bring  down that butt from the spine with a deformer and still gonna be somewhat in the curvy lane.. Also  with the legs, the more curvy I make it the more cartoonish it gets in the legs, which there are no deformers that I know of for that.. Where the Gen x legs are much more natural and uniform  looking especially when it gets below the knees..  The knees really feel like a pinch point for most of the bodies that can go curvy, other than the Erika, which is another i like..

One of the main reasons I even got the Gen x was because they got the legs right, just like they did with the Erika body.. Myself I can move much easier back and forth in shapes from thinner to curvy, with the curvy version.. Now it's just a waiting game to see if it will make the climb..

If the two ever come neck in neck in popularity, I can see the reborn getting knocked down a spot, Just because of the legs having the pinch point and having to use deformers and less versatility.

But it's a long way to the top, If they want to rock and roll.. hehehehe

23 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Am I the only one NOT using any deformers with Reborn?

I don't have to wear them now. But for me I do have to deform the body first and can take off the things that I used to deform it and it stay deformed.. So I don't lose the attachment point.

But as far as out of the box and get the shape I want with just the sliders.  I've tried and just can't get what I want without deforming it..

I'm sure you're not the only one and a lot probably like it right out of the box as it is..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

18 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I don't use any deformers. I do make the backside really small with the shape sliders but that is it.

I personally don't find Maitreya to be a versatile body at all. You cannot get a decently curvy shape with it, and believe me I have tried because I have a ton of Maitreya only clothing. It's no wonder Legacy became so popular despite its high price, high complexity and annoying HUD. And then Reborn provided a great alternative to the cartoonish Kupra.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Not the only one, obviously, but seems to be in the minority. Whenever I check someone with Reborn on, it's at the very least the small butt or the small butt and down deformer, often entire set of those from pretty liars. In most cases anyway.

30 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Now it's just a waiting game to see if it will make the climb..

It'll be one impossible climb unless they'll do something. Honestly, I don't even know what they should do now to make it happen. Put bodies on the permanent 50% sale like they did with their older bodies would be a start, but it might need even more than that. Some creators that were on their X event already didn't include X sizes into their next releases.

On the Lucia's list curvy one went up 10 units since the last time I posted here (a week ago), classic by 4. Reborn went up by 310 last week (they had 25% sale, though) and is now over 10k. With upcoming black friday sale which will probably have at least another 25% sale or better, I can see it getting over 11.5k in the early December. I'm not sure Belleza will do any sale so early after the release, considering the event those bodies were released at will end just 3.5 weeks before the black friday.

So far those gen X bodies look pretty much dead. Maybe not Kups kind of dead (they just gave away 2k free bodies on the event and on the list it only had like 90 new users detected so far), and especially not like the cinnamon & chai body, but redundant in the current oversatured market.

• Like 1

Personally for me, I'm rather curious to see how that new body set the Moles are working on will turn out. From how well made the models will be, how many people will support it, etc.

Will be interesting to see how well an offical mesh body does against one of the biggest markets in SL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

I don't use any deformers. I do make the backside really small with the shape sliders but that is it.

I personally don't find Maitreya to be a versatile body at all. You cannot get a decently curvy shape with it, and believe me I have tried because I have a ton of Maitreya only clothing. It's no wonder Legacy became so popular despite its high price, high complexity and annoying HUD. And then Reborn provided a great alternative to the cartoonish Kupra.

I was able to get a fairly curvy look with Maitreya.  I'll admit, the curves on Legacy and Reborn are much softer though.

Maitreya...

Lady in Red

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

Not the only one, obviously, but seems to be in the minority. Whenever I check someone with Reborn on, it's at the very least the small butt or the small butt and down deformer, often entire set of those from pretty liars. In most cases anyway.

It'll be one impossible climb unless they'll do something. Honestly, I don't even know what they should do now to make it happen. Put bodies on the permanent 50% sale like they did with their older bodies would be a start, but it might need even more than that. Some creators that were on their X event already didn't include X sizes into their next releases.

On the Lucia's list curvy one went up 10 units since the last time I posted here (a week ago), classic by 4. Reborn went up by 310 last week (they had 25% sale, though) and is now over 10k. With upcoming black friday sale which will probably have at least another 25% sale or better, I can see it getting over 11.5k in the early December. I'm not sure Belleza will do any sale so early after the release, considering the event those bodies were released at will end just 3.5 weeks before the black friday.

So far those gen X bodies look pretty much dead. Maybe not Kups kind of dead (they just gave away 2k free bodies on the event and on the list it only had like 90 new users detected so far), and especially not like the cinnamon & chai body, but redundant in the current oversatured market.

Ya, that was just kind of an, "If they ever do meet up", kind of thing..  Which is a long shot in my eyes, Because they will have to overcome all that stuff holding them back..

From what I see, there is things made for it, but not really anything I can use yet, other than a couple of outfits from Blueberry and some things from Addams.  I can't even go to the beach unless I want to go to an all nude beach, Because still no good bikini made for it yet.. hehehe

Most of the things at the event I just walked on passed, as well as most of the things that are on the flicker so far..

It's pretty much boxed back up and sitting in my ++++ graveyard++++ folder for now, until it feels like it's really caught on, if it does.. I'm hoping so, but not clinging to hope like I was with Erika.. That's just too time consuming.. hehehe

If they ever get a good bikini, I'll pull it back out of the graveyard..  I spend a lot of time at the beach so, it might be enough for me..

The only ones I am investing in still are Reborn and Maitreya.. They are the most solid choices right now, I think anyways..

I was saying last week that I don't think the new bodies are gonna make it to the top 100.. I still think that right now.. I hope they do, but it's hard to see.. Hopefully they pull a rabbit out their hat and  make some changes to get up there..

The main thing I was going for in that post was that I think it is a more versatile body  in a few ways, but that's not gonna put clothes on it's back, keep it fed and breathing, that's for sure.. hehehe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

The amount of stores releasing both new releases and updates for them say otherwise. 

I hope some aren't just posting up in discord, because they are gonna be missing some people.. I would think they all would be wanting to put them up in the flicker catalog.. It's so easy to just pass that link along to others.. 

5 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

The amount of stores releasing both new releases and updates for them say otherwise. 

We'll see in a few months, but only one of my favorite stores released one thing for it, it was on their X event. Their yesterday's update for one older release only had Legacy F+M and Reborn sizes already.

And not like some relatively big (and decent) stores don't release some stuff for the very much dead bodies, like Hourglass or Freya. Pixicat does both for example, but it doesn't make those bodies any less dead.

Slow updates to re-run same older releases on weekend sales again I can see happening. Given long enough pause between those it'll attract not just users who want an updated size, but also new people (or alts that want to grab their favorite things for cheaper). I've seen stores do exactly that with first Legacy updates, then Kupra, then Reborn. Might as well do with Gen X again. One - two new sizes to rig, all texturing and scripting is done already.

Edited by steeljane42

14 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Reborn is really hammed to the shape it ships with and depends entirely on stacking deformers to force it out of the mold, which of course consumes attachment point slots.

The body is mod so if theres are deformers you use all the time, you can link them directly to the body and it won't use any additional slots.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lewis Luminos said:

The body is mod so if theres are deformers you use all the time, you can link them directly to the body and it won't use any additional slots.

1 hour ago, CalypsoJewel said:

This, I did not know. Thank you!

56 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Me either until now :) 

We haven't had so many mod bodies to play with.. Things might start to get fun now..hehehe

Be careful doing this - it may break the hud functionality if you change the linkset order (and you will by necessity be changing the linkset order when you link something new to the body)  So a body that's had pieces added or removed may no longer respond to things like alpha cuts or nail polish changes.  Make a copy first, and be prepared to repeat the process if you're wanting to make any other changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

Be careful doing this - it may break the hud functionality if you change the linkset order (and you will by necessity be changing the linkset order when you link something new to the body)  So a body that's had pieces added or removed may no longer respond to things like alpha cuts or nail polish changes.  Make a copy first, and be prepared to repeat the process if you're wanting to make any other changes.

Ya, I pretty much keep the first version to draw copies from with any products that I can mod.. I have a folder in each product folder called edited versions.. I hate having to unpack something again if i don't have to.

ETA:I remember someone, I think it was last year when belleza bodies went mod , someone had a script for something with those bodies.. I can't remember exactly what it was for, but I think it had something to do with making sure the linking order was done right when putting it back together..

Something like that might be nice for these kinds of things.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lewis Luminos said:

You can conditionally do that. Depends on the perms of the def, how the def works technically, and if the def has not be intentionally & antagonistically scripted to prevent this. There may also be link order issues that brick the hud or clothing that attempts to auto hide sections as mentioned above.

2 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Yep, I found this out on one of my alternate outfits when one of my clothing pieces kept auto-hiding wrong and I hit reset on the alphas. Easy enough fix to just redo it, though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.