8 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Wait. Wut. Serious question here. So are you guys saying that if I post photos, like I have been, in Rowan's Tasteful Nudes thread, that my numbers will go up (assuming likes) on the damned board? Tell me it ain't so.

Yes, that's all those numbers show.  Reactions to your posts.  Likes and laughs give you points, confused and sad do not.

The only way to NOT get any reactions is to NOT post anything at all.  You could post one thing in a day and still get the most likes for the day.  Gotta stop looking!  It doesn't matter...at all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Seicher would you mind removing that pic?  It's disturbing for me, triggers me, to log into the forum and come across a woman being harmed by hot coffee against her skin.

Since you've already seen it, mute me.

And that photo is, as far as I know, 100% within the rules here, and there are FAR worse in the "PG" avatar vanity threads. Do you request those removed, too? Luna also made such a remark in another thread, and um... well that comment is no longer there. I can't be responsible for everyone's triggers, and I don't accept that responsibility. I have PTSD. I have triggers. I'm responsible for them, as long as people are operating within the rules. That you are PROJECTING harm, is your problem. There is ZERO in that photo the depicts harm of any kind. That's in your head, not the photo's.

So in short: No. 

Take it up with the management and mute me, please.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 8

Leader boards on forums.
That is so Stone Age of the Internet.
I Never expected that it is still a subject that can fill pages in forum threads.
I would have thought that it was dumped together with the spelling and grammar police from Usenet somewhere in the 90's.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

Instructions please?

It'll depend on the browser. For Brave, right click on any empty section of the page and then select the Brave Menu entry, then hit Block Element. Mouse over the part you want blocked (it'll highlight it) and left click, then click the create button.

You'll have to do this more than once as there's a few elements that are a part of it to block. also make sure that the highlight covers the whole leaderboard, not just a small part of it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Leader boards on forums.
That is so Stone Age of the Internet.
I Never expected that it is still a subject than can fill pages in forum threads.
I would have thought that it was dumped together with the spelling and grammar police from Usenet somewhere in the 90's.

This one was hard to respond to: Thank you? Yes. ♥ Yes, sure. Laugh (genuine), Yes. Not confusing.

See, we should be able to put multiple reactions, and we'd get Sid up to the top of the board!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Oh son of a ... somehow it's back now. Scratch that apparently ...

If you want a permanent solution (though, maybe you can still get it to "stick" with the browser method, too, somehow) I use uBlock Origin as my adblocker and with that, you can also right-click and Block Element. Or use their eyedropper tool or element zapper to select and block. It sticks (a little too well - I still don't know how to undo it yet, lawl).

But that's in Chrome. Lemme see if that's even available for Brave...

Yup, I believe it is!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:
20 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Seicher would you mind removing that pic?  It's disturbing for me, triggers me, to log into the forum and come across a woman being harmed by hot coffee against her skin.

Since you've already seen it, mute me.

And that photo is, as far as I know, 100% within the rules here, and there are FAR worse in the "PG" avatar vanity threads. Do you request those removed, too? Luna also made such a remark in another thread, and um... well that comment is no longer there. I can't be responsible for everyone's triggers, and I don't accept that responsibility. I have PTSD. I have triggers. I'm responsible for them, as long as people are operating within the rules. That you are PROJECTING harm, is your problem. There is ZERO in that photo the depicts harm of any kind. That's in your head, not the photo's.

So in short: No. 

Take it up with the management and mute me, please.

It's not about being against any PG rules and such; it's the sight of someone being harmed by hot coffee, as a hot cup of coffee against the skin would be quite painful. I'm totally ok with anyone doing what they want with another as long as there is consent, although I have to admit I don't get why people want to harm each other. But I didn't consent to being a part of your sexual play where I had to view another being harmed.

I'm not trying to force anything on you, I'm only saying I'd appreciate it if you'd post your sexual play stuff where people are being harmed in the Adult section.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

If you want a permanent solution (though, maybe you can still get it to "stick" with the browser method, too, somehow) I use uBlock Origin as my adblocker and with that, you can also right-click and Block Element. Or use their eyedropper tool or element zapper to select and block. It sticks (a little too well - I still don't know how to undo it yet, lawl).

But that's in Chrome. Lemme see if that's even available for Brave...

Yup, I believe it is!

Figured out why it wouldn't stick. I'd disabled Brave's internal adblocker/"shields" for the LL forum. Those have to be on for the element block to function properly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

Figured out why it wouldn't stick. I'd disabled Brave's internal adblocker/"shields" for the LL forum. Those have to be on for the element block to function properly.

Oh good, glad you got it working! I'll just be over here trying to revert my changes. 😂 Luckily, I tested it on a food blog I never use, so no harm if I can't undo.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oh good, glad you got it working! I'll just be over here trying to revert my changes. 😂 Luckily, I tested it on a food blog I never use, so no harm if I can't undo.

I think I have uBlock installed on my Firefox on here. I can double check for you on how to remove those element blocks if you'd like.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Solar Legion said:

I think I have uBlock installed on my Firefox on here. I can double check for you on how to remove those element blocks if you'd like.

Awww, don't worry about it! It's not too important. I'll Google it. It's a filter (I figured out how to disable the filter I set, but not delete it completely...I'll dig around!).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

It's not about being against any PG rules and such; it's the sight of someone being harmed by hot coffee, as a hot cup of coffee against the skin would be quite painful. I'm totally ok with anyone doing what they want with another as long as there is consent, although I have to admit I don't get why people want to harm each other. But I didn't consent to being a part of your sexual play where I had to view another being harmed.

I'm not trying to force anything on you, I'm only saying I'd appreciate it if you'd post your sexual play stuff where people are being harmed in the Adult section.

I don't see any steam so I'll have to assume the coffee is lukewarm at best.  Interestingly enough, apparently 2 people now are triggered by coffee on bums.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I don't see any steam so I'll have to assume the coffee is lukewarm at best.  Interestingly enough, apparently 2 people now are triggered by coffee on bums.

It's actually most BDSM photos that trigger me where harm is being demonstrated. These photos of harm incurred in sex play really should be in the Adult section. Even vanilla sex-play should be in Adult really.

• Sad 2

24 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Pretty sure I answered you the first time. That photo could easily be an ad in any magazine, like Vogue. Suck it up princess.

Again. I've answered you. I will not change my answer.

You have your options. Stop looking at it. MUTE ME PLEASE and leave me alone. Report a perfectly acceptable photo, Kiera or whoever you may be. Talk it over with Luna.

Finally, personal disputes are verboten and I will not engage further with you. See above.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

It's actually most BDSM photos that trigger me where harm is being demonstrated. These photos of harm incurred in sex play really should be in the Adult section. Even vanilla sex-play should be in Adult really.

Show the sex play please. There isn't any. Any more than a bikini photo. None. No harm implied. None. If you knew anything about BDSM, which you clearly do not, and that is not a BDSM photo, but if it were, that depicts purely service, not sex, not harm. SERVICE. Again, suck it up princess and mute. Make it a peeve. 

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 5

Yeesh. Peeve: wondering how many other "totally unique and individual avatars" I'll have to swat away because of a little goof between friends. Some people need lives. THE IGNORE BUTTON WORKS. USE IT, in all your iterations.

Related Peeve: Having to use up my 14 "ignore" slots on the same people as before. I think alts should count across the board. So, ya know, when I ignore Scylla AGAIN, I'll also get her Lysaska (sp) and the dude that posted a while ago, and god knows who else... How DO you people have the time? So it should be that when Kiera (or whoever) mutes me they also, automatically get Gato muted, much to their loss. :(

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

If you knew anything about BDSM, which you clearly do not, and that is not a BDSM photo, but if it were, that depicts purely service, not sex, not harm. SERVICE. Again, suck it up princess and mute.

I have never served coffee in such a way. I don't know what my houseguests would make of that.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

I have never served coffee in such a way. I don't know what my houseguests would make of that.

Considering what THAT picture would look like, on behalf of all your houseguests ever: Thank you.

meow

• Haha 3