6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Meanwhile, LL continues to find new and exciting ways to make us nervous.

I've had the flu for the past few days, so if there is something besides PBR that popped up, don't tell me what it is.. Let me enjoy my blissful ignorance..

hehehe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I've had the flu for the past few days, so if there is something besides PBR that popped up, don't tell me what it is.. Let me enjoy my blissful ignorance..

hehehe

Their silence on social media, and announcing that they are "pausing" their blog network.

OOOPS! SORRY! I wasn't supposed to tell you!!

• Like 1

Sad Peeve — found a really nice old outfit in my inventory, then remembered that the store I bought it from (sYs) closed in-world a few years ago. (They're still on the Marketplace, but no idea if they're still operating.) :( 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Their silence on social media, and announcing that they are "pausing" their blog network.

OOOPS! SORRY! I wasn't supposed to tell you!!

Good, Sounds like they are needing a break from  things too.. hehehe

We need a nice section of calm to absorb all this newness we've gotten..

PBR alone, I'm still soaking all that in still..

It was starting to feel like, late breaking news, for a bit there.. hehehe

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spiffy Voxel said:

Sad Peeve — found a really nice old outfit in my inventory, then remembered that the store I bought it from (sYs) closed in-world a few years ago. (They're still on the Marketplace, but no idea if they're still operating.) :( 

sYs ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!! 

I don't think she's still actively making items for that store (peeve!). Sorting by newest shows a hairstyle that's a few years old. Still worth going through the entire inventory on the marketplace, though. The older items hold up just fine. The headdresses, masks, hairstyles, etc. are so perfect for my avatars and I use them regularly.

For the most part I don't dislike the PBR release. But the whole auto-exposure shenanigan can f*** right off. Getting randomly flashbanged when the viewer decides 'it's too dark' (hi, my name is Orwar, I like it dark) is just beyond stupid. And why isn't the 'feature' optional? It's about as intelligent as to have faces turn on full-bright at random angles. 

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

announcing that they are "pausing" their blog network.

Would people really have noticed?

I suppose there are some who eagerly await the next blog posting about someone else's blog. (Probably hoping it will be THEIR blog that is featured.)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I suppose there are some who eagerly await the next blog posting about someone else's blog. (Probably hoping it will be THEIR blog that is featured.)

Not many, no. Which is actually why the announcement is mildly worrying. Mostly, when LL goes silent for a bit, they don't draw attention to it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:
36 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Not many, no. Which is actually why the announcement is mildly worrying. Mostly, when LL goes silent for a bit, they don't draw attention to it.

Peeve: LL can't win.

Don't tell us, we worry "why didn't they tell us?"

Tell us, we worry "why did they tell us?"

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: LL can't win.

Don't tell us, we worry "why didn't they tell us?"

Tell us, we worry "why did they tell us?"

Oh, I'm not faulting them for telling us. On the contrary, it's a bit refreshing to feel we're being at least somewhat apprised of what is happening.

It's the content of the message that's a bit worrisome.

• Like 1

Peeve: I had the most terrifying but creative nightmare and it'd make for such a wild story, but I don't want to write it and I don't know how to get Stephen King to do it for me.

Actually, scratch that. This is a weird one. It needs Kojima. I don't know how to get Kojima to write it for me.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh, I'm not faulting them for telling us. On the contrary, it's a bit refreshing to feel we're being at least somewhat apprised of what is happening.

It's the content of the message that's a bit worrisome.

That might be thier subtle version of, we're doing vacations for different departments this time of the year. 

Kind of like how, Soon, is used for what it's used for.

Only worry if they put Soon on the end of something.

Like if they said, We'll  be back Soon.

Then worry like crazy.

Hehehe 

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

It is little wonder considering the disapproval SL has been facing as of late, the utterly terrible ratings on mobile which are now below 3 average, PBR being met with a bombardment of disapproval, the entire TOS issue, it probably makes more sense for them to just remain silent than keep us updated with anything.

The blogs are counter productive at this point, they stir more controversy, arguing amongst the residents.  I've seen the same thing with MMOs, where GMs used to have more of a presence with the community, slowly to withdraw, as well as less information being posted regarding changes being made and almost no feedback from the developers.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Peeve...that some people who keep threatening to leave SL, don't.  

Looking at previous year threads, plenty have left but maybe just not the ones the doors are eagerly being held open for. 😏

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

same thing with MMOs, where GMs used to have more of a presence with the community, slowly to withdraw, as well as less information being posted regarding changes being made and almost no feedback from the developers.

How did it turn out for those MMO's that did that?

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

It is little wonder considering the disapproval SL has been facing as of late, the utterly terrible ratings on mobile which are now below 3 average, PBR being met with a bombardment of disapproval, the entire TOS issue, it probably makes more sense for them to just remain silent than keep us updated with anything.

The blogs are counter productive at this point, they stir more controversy, arguing amongst the residents.  I've seen the same thing with MMOs, where GMs used to have more of a presence with the community, slowly to withdraw, as well as less information being posted regarding changes being made and almost no feedback from the developers.

I think it's just summer time and they are probably pausing  things while they do peoples vacations..

They  may do those is shifts rather than all at once and might be short handed to keep up with so many things at one time, or they may just do them all at once and pause  things..

There is usually a lul in the summer at some point.. Even SL residents slim down in the summer for outside things..

I'm sure they are used to us always in a panic no matter what really.. they know they won't please us all.. they never have yet, I don't think anyways.. hehehehe

• Like 2