13 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Clicking though a "agree to ToS" update .. meaningless. No one will read it. They blindly click OK because they have to in order access their stuff & friends.

They just need to provide a small quiz with every TOS update 🤣 As soon as you log in, and agree to the TOS, you are then presented with a second screen asking you questions regarding the TOS,  and at the end you have to give a quick summary of the changes which will be referenced by an AI.  It is the perfect solution, which is just about annoying and intrusive enough to generate lots of dialogue in Second Life with people complaining more so about the twenty minutes it took them to log in, rather than the TOS changes made in the first place.

Some trick questions should be tossed in just for the hell of it, like they do for surveys which pay you 10 cents for twenty minutes and invalidate you just before you finish.  

Such as:

80:

If you are nekkid, which regions are you allowed in?

A) General.

B) Mature

C) Adult

D) All of the above

81:

What day is appropriate for spaghetti?  Please select B as your answer.

A) Flower pattern

B) Snowflakes in Paris

C) Only on Tuesdays.

D) None of the Above.

Please write a summary of the changes to the TOS and then click submit:

Why are you doing this to me LL?  For the love of gawd, I just wanted to check my messages.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

They can put a message on the login screen - AWESOME THING!! - and most users won't know. No one reads their social media.

Clicking though a "agree to ToS" update .. meaningless. No one will read it. They blindly click OK because they have to in order access their stuff & friends.

And putting up a ton of "simple one line" signs in SL21B would have the same effect.  People don't read or, if they do, they think signs apply to someone else.

8 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Governance education = actually warning people that they broke the rules.

That's about all  that works.  SLB is usually heavily monitored by volunteer staff and moles who try to catch the most egregious violations. I suppose they could wear T-shirts that say "No Naughty Bits", but I don't think people would read those either.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

I did a very informal survey 1week and 2 weeks after the new ToS, just asking a group of people at a place I visit.

The results were about 95% had clicked accept on the new ToS, to log in but hadn't read it all, and had no idea what had changed, and didn't really care as they assumed that whatever the change was, it was just wording to cover LL's ass, and wouldn't affect them at all.

Ya, I'm sure that number is high.. But I was more responding about those not knowing a change had happened.. We can't get back in without knowing something changed..

Not wondering what the change was.. Well the users take their chances when they don't look into it.. I've just clicked accept and hit the road many times myself..

A lot of times I already knew and sometimes in my earlier years I didn't even bother.. but later years I always ask myself.. what the heck changed I wonder and then go and try to find out..

But ya, a lot just click accept and  burn rubber..It sucks trying to just figure out what they changed without them actually giving some sort of hint at the top of that TOS they want us to click accept..

How hard would it be to put another little window above that one  pointing to the changes really?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

No, I could definitely extend this list a lot. These are all just popular stores that feature often in the weekend sales.

The ones I like make some pretty unusual (and fun) clothing, so it's fairly easy to find something that not only looks good for any occasion but stands out as not another weekend sale item. 

13 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The "vibe" thing is what always stymies me when I'm dressing for an opening, especially my own. What am I trying to "say"????

An entire mood right here. It's a huge peeve of mine. Every avatar has its own vibe/mood I'm going for, on top of having to match colors, and that's a WHOLE thing. Outfits need to match with my hair, my eyes, my skin tones. I just spent forever finding a store that uses the right shades of blue and red that won't clash with my deep teal and burgundy hair/skin/makeup palette. 😂 Thank goodness it exists! I'm looking pretty...cute. GAH, NOOOOO! Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve.

tumblr_inline_n1kuiogadc1somfab.gif

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

An entire mood right here. It's a huge peeve of mine. Every avatar has its own vibe/mood I'm going for, on top of having to match colors, and that's a WHOLE thing. Outfits need to match with my hair, my eyes, my skin tones. I just spent forever finding a store that uses the right shades of blue and red that won't clash with my deep teal and burgundy hair/skin/makeup palette. 😂 Thank goodness it exists! I'm looking pretty...cute. GAH, NOOOOO! Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve.

Tell me you over-think dressing without telling me you over-think dressing.

This is sooooo me. It can take hours to settle on an outfit when I am going to go out somewhere in SL.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

This is sooooo me. It can take hours to settle on an outfit when I am going to go out somewhere in SL.

Oh, totally! I've been working on this since last night. Last night was hair, ears, and piercings. Today is clothes, makeup (which is already set from before but I may make some changes), jewelry, and accessories. 😂

Annnnnd I'm still reconsidering this outfit. First went through every formal gown in my inventory. Then realized that's ridiculous. It's overkill. Also tried on lots of glittery stuffs. Too flashy. Now I'm casual. But maybe too casual? Nah...maybe? 👀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Peeve: All y'all talking about "what to wear" had me second-guessing myself! Should I wear something "new"? Should I wear my daily go-to, which may not be "formal enough" for the event?  Should I come as my only Alt, "LoveX" (but does she have appropriate attire"? Finally settled on an old outfit, first time (I think) with this body/head/hair combination.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

Peeve - what ever idiot decided it was OK to scrape UUIDs from group lists.

Just got a spam IM to join  a 'full perm' group. When challenged it said 'well you are in (redacted group names) and its a very short name*' name* here referring to the spammers group - and it has lots.

A quick check on (redacted).(bought name).resident has a link to... a bunch of stuff from CrapGPT scraped sources.

But it is OK - so few people read here anyway:)

Wow, I've had occasional drive-by IM spam but that's on another level. And sadly it wouldn't surprise me if there's a LOT of 'full perm' stuff out there now that's just AI-generated models. *sighs*

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Oh my god!! \o/

Hours just to spend a little time in one place.. Most of the time I have to see what's out there in the stores and events and things before anything..

The market place used to be my virtual closet.. It takes me longer to get ready in SL, than it does in RL.. I just don't have as much stuff in RL or it would.. lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: All y'all talking about "what to wear" had me second-guessing myself! Should I wear something "new"? Should I wear my daily go-to, which may not be "formal enough" for the event?  Should I come as my only Alt, "LoveX" (but does she have appropriate attire"? Finally settled on an old outfit, first time (I think) with this body/head/hair combination.

Oh my god are we doing formal????????? I just finished and I'm casual!!!!!!! SCYLLA!!!! PEEVE!

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Oh my god!! \o/

Hours just to spend a little time in one place.. Most of the time I have to see what's out there in the stores and events and things before anything..

The market place used to be my virtual closet.. It takes me longer to get ready in SL, than it does in RL.. I just don't have as much stuff in RL or it would.. lol

Are you coming? What are you wearing?!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oh, totally! I've been working on this since last night. Last night was hair, ears, and piercings. Today is clothes, makeup (which is already set from before but I may make some changes), jewelry, and accessories. 😂

Annnnnd I'm still reconsidering this outfit. First went through every formal gown in my inventory. Then realized that's ridiculous. It's overkill. Also tried on lots of glittery stuffs. Too flashy. Now I'm casual. But maybe too casual? Nah...maybe? 👀

Oh I heard dress code was string bikini's!

Kidding, kidding but it would be easier!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oh my god are we doing formal????????? I just finished and I'm casual!!!!!!! SCYLLA!!!! PEEVE!

Wear what you want! This thing is literally about self-expression (within the limits of the fact that it's a G rated region of course!)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Coming where?

Scylla, ya missed one! 😂

Scylla's got an art show opening she forgot to invite SOME OF US to *pokes her with a wardrobe hanger*

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wear what you want! This thing is literally about self-expression (within the limits of the fact that it's a G rated region of course!)

Oh I know, I'm just being extra for absolutely no reason. You can tell I don't get out much. 😂

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Scylla, ya missed one! 😂

Scylla's got an art show opening she forgot to invite SOME OF US to *pokes her with a wardrobe hanger*

Oh, I think I got that last night , but didn't get a chance to read it.. I was so tired from cutting the front yard yesterday that I fell asleep in my chair.. lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Oh, I think I got that last night , but didn't get a chance to read it.. I was so tired from cutting the front yard yesterday that I fell asleep in my chair.. lol

Ya got 3 minutes to get dressed, woman!

Peeve: Omg, I have 3 minutes. *runs*

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I'm going casual with a formal backup outfit.  It's the only way to be sure

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I'm going casual with a formal backup outfit.  It's the only way to be sure

I have some trusty backup outfit folders.. But it's a flip of the coin on what shapes I have in them at the time..

I could just start going Change-O-Matic at one point and be stuck in a loop for a little bit, until I find my comfy zone again.. hehehe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I did finally change into an evening gown!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I did finally change into an evening gown!

Tis a very pretty evening gown!

Peeve: No way could I pull off a wardrobe change. I'd have to go through my entire inventory again and it'd take another 2 hours to change everyyyyything. 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Peeve: Changed back to my normal outfit and body after I was at Scylla's, and my Belleza Jake alphas had "undone" on my saved outfit!

Not big deal, just annoying. Redid them, saved again - we'll see if it happens again.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

Peeve: No way could I pull off a wardrobe change. I'd have to go through my entire inventory again and it'd take another 2 hours to change everyyyyything. 😂

I had to get out of my dress and put on some jeans! Luckily I have some quick change routes in my inventory for just these  kinds of situations.. hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2