Just now, Persephone Emerald said:

Yes! The Moles need to enable Damage in Motown, so we can use it for fights.

Peeve: An appropriate song would be "Kung Fu Fighting", the writer Carl Douglas was British and not part of Motown.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Well considering the name of a thread is close to having a copyright, question would be can the Lab really just change Scylla's topic name like that unless she is an employee in which case they could. Is there another potential there for Scylla actually being a deep cover mole?

Or am I just pot stirring?

Yes, you are! Thank you!! Woot!

Actually, the renaming of the thread DID mildly peeve me for just a second or two. I mean, it's really unimportant in this instance, so I'm not actually hot and bothered about it -- but it seems to me that it's one thing to redact or censor someone's posts, and quite another to silently change the wording.

However, as I say, not NEARLY important enough for really fun drama!

(Would being a deep cover mole pay more than what I earn from just sh*tposting here? Cuz if so, let's talk!)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh, I haven't actually watched it.

I do think, however, that it provides some needed context for the flamewar intermittently flaring up on the LH forum: there's a bit more to this than "sulky person sulks cuz not invited to party." The video's allegations (about a rival system to the BBB passport system that was shunted to the side) are serious enough that I believe LL actually reached out to the creator in question. Nika (who is generally pretty sensible about this stuff) has a post on the LH forum discussion that suggests, without saying too much, that it's not quite as cut and dry as might appear to the uninitiated.

Not my monkeys though.

Okay yeah, that is the same video. I peeked at it when it dropped, but rather quickly unpeeked. I didn't watch much, but I got the general gist of what's going on. And yeah, there's a lot of background info and back history there that brings a lot more context to the current thing. I just couldn't bring myself to care, honestly. Astarion's fate and Will Smith spending $140 million to make a free zombie survival game nobody even knew about that bombed on release (!!!) and generated a bunch of meme reviews is more my speed. 😂

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

But did you watch the video!!!???

Are we on the same topic now, or different? I watched the one I mentioned above days ago, but didn't see anything new (yet).

Peeve: I'm easily confused!

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Okay yeah, that is the same video. I peeked at it when it dropped, but rather quickly unpeeked. I didn't watch much, but I got the general gist of what's going on. And yeah, there's a lot of background info and back history there that brings a lot more context to the current thing. I just couldn't bring myself to care, honestly. Astarion's fate and Will Smith spending $140 million to make a free zombie survival game nobody even knew about that bombed on release (!!!) and generated a bunch of meme reviews is more my speed. 😂

Are we on the same topic now, or different? I watched the one I mentioned above days ago, but didn't see anything new (yet).

Peeve: I'm easily confused!

Yeah, same video.

And yes, a bit zzzzzzzz I'm sure unless one is a card-carrying member of the Real Housewives of Belli group.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yes, you are! Thank you!! Woot!

Actually, the renaming of the thread DID mildly peeve me for just a second or two. I mean, it's really unimportant in this instance, so I'm not actually hot and bothered about it -- but it seems to me that it's one thing to redact or censor someone's posts, and quite another to silently change the wording.

However, as I say, not NEARLY important enough for really fun drama!

(Would being a deep cover mole pay more than what I earn from just sh*tposting here? Cuz if so, let's talk!)

Peeve: We should all be so lucky as to have mods assist with our thread titles! 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

But did you watch the video!!!???

I just watched this one on YouTube. It's not boring to me, but then I'd watched some of Feorie's Mainland Beautification & Forever Tourist videos before. I'm glad to have more backstory for the current drama.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
Misspelled Feorie's name
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, same video.

And yes, a bit zzzzzzzz I'm sure unless one is a card-carrying member of the Real Housewives of Belli group.

That's exactly what ALL SL drama feels like to me. So dull. It is very, very, very difficult to compete with a beauty guru sitting on a bed surrounded by pink satin pillows and framed by a pink bedazzled Diamonique headboard snuggling the most froo froo freshly groomed pedigree dog ever crying into its fur about whatever mess he got himself into. Man...that YouTube drama HIT.

SL needs to step it up, man. We need more viral Diamonique confessions.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

That's exactly what ALL SL drama feels like to me. So dull. It is very, very, very difficult to compete with a beauty guru sitting on a bed surrounded by pink satin pillows and framed by a pink bedazzled Diamonique headboard snuggling the most froo froo freshly groomed pedigree dog ever crying into its fur about whatever mess he got himself into. Man...that YouTube drama HIT.

SL needs to step it up, man. We need more viral Diamonique confessions.

You need this lady in your YouTube subscriptions. This video is about Reddit stories (NSFW), but she gives relationship advice for SL users too.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I'm glad to have more backstory for the current drama.

Fair. I actually did just watch it. Exciting it's not, and there's a fair amount there I'm not sufficiently knowledgeable about to really understand, but it's more compelling than I had thought.

I am sorry that the BBB passport system is exclusive to Belli residents. I get why that should be the case from LL's perspective, but it's yet another instance of the Mainland being permitted to languish.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

Does anyone know a non Internet store where they still sell Jigsaw puzzles?
Preferably near my home town.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I am sorry that the BBB passport system is exclusive to Belli residents. I get why that should be the case from LL's perspective, but it's yet another instance of the Mainland being permitted to languish.

There are 2 versions of the BBB passport system, both at their HQ at Swordfish. One is for Bellisseria residents. The other is for anyone. I thought the passport stamp collecting system was interesting at first, but now I think it has too many places in it that aren't that interesting.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

You need this lady in your YouTube subscriptions. This video is about Reddit stories (NSFW), but she gives relationship advice for SL users too.

Nuuuu, I'd never make it through that! SL relationship advice, oh goooood. 💤😂 The absolute last thing I want to hear about. The RL dating subreddits are filled with a ton of drama, though. Oof.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Does anyone know a non Internet store where they still sell Jigsaw puzzles?

I don't know what you have in the Netherlands, but Target and Barns and Nobel have them in the US. If you can find a small, independent toy store, they might have them too.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

There are 2 versions of the BBB passport system, both at their HQ at Swordfish. One is for Bellisseria residents. The other is for anyone. I thought the passport stamp collecting system was interesting at first, but now I think it has too many places in it that aren't that interesting.

Bellisseria is quite big but 99% is totally boring to explore IMHO.
People are even excited when a railroad track can be found next to their back yard. Go figure.
It is one big suburbia with here and there a landmark.

It has an important purpose though: Cater people who want to live somewhere quietly and not to expensive. It gives you a nice house and relatively a lot of LI to decorate.
It is far to big to even try to shape it into one community. Too many people from too many timezones with too many different expectations and use of Second Life. And now it even shows that there are group wars going on over shaping the communitie. \o/

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I don't know what you have in the Netherlands, but Target and Barns and Nobel have them in the US. If you can find a small, independent toy store, they might have them too.

My mother loved to puzzle with them. Me not so much to be honest. But it can be very relaxing if one has the space to let it rest every now and then for days or weeks.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I just watched this one on YouTube. It's not boring to me, but then I'd watched some of Feorie's Mainland Beautification & Forever Tourist videos before. I'm glad to have more backstory for the current drama.

/sigh

No CC and no transcript. Can't understand half of her words. 🙁

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Bellisseria is quite big but 99% is totally boring to explore IMHO.
People are even excited when a railroad track can be found next to their back yard. Go figure.
It is one big suburbia with here and there a landmark.

It has an important purpose though: Cater people who want to live somewhere quietly and not to expensive. It gives you a nice house and relatively a lot of LI to decorate.
It is far to big to even try to shape it into one community. Too many people from too many timezones with too many different expectations and use of Second Life. And now it even shows that there are group wars going on over shaping the communitie. \o/

When Belli was first created, I thought it was a pretty cool idea, largely because of the efforts that were being made to nurture a "community" there. (I also thought the covenant was pretty good.)

It seemed like it worked quite well at first? I do have the sense, though, that maybe "community" has become, to some degree, "clique"? That may be for no other reason, though, than that there are people willing to put the time and effort into it, and a larger body of people who aren't.

The other element may be that LL is a bit too involved, and that real community is being somewhat restricted too much by corporate policy and initiatives, and most especially the desire to market it.

But, really, this is just guesswork: I know very little about it. I go there occasionally, but, yeah, I find it rather dull. It's not even really a very nice place to bike around because it's all so very samey (and yes, I know that there are people who will protest that it isn't. YMMV. It certainly is not as varied as the Mainland which, yes, IS an eyesore sometimes, but contains cool surprises.)

The other three reasons I chose mainland (other than wanting to maintain my current parcel on Heterocera Atoll):

• I am unexcited by the themes.
  • The houses are too big for me, and can't be resized. I don't want to feel like a prepubescent in my own home.
  • It just "feels" too much like one of those slightly stifling housing developments where everything is regulated by an annoyingly conservative HOA.

But I get the appeal. It's just not for me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

When Belli was first created, I thought it was a pretty cool idea, largely because of the efforts that were being made to nurture a "community" there. (I also thought the covenant was pretty good.)

It seemed like it worked quite well at first? I do have the sense, though, that maybe "community" has become, to some degree, "clique"? That may be for no other reason, though, than that there are people willing to put the time and effort into it, and a larger body of people who aren't.

The other element may be that LL is a bit too involved, and that real community is being somewhat restricted too much by corporate policy and initiatives, and most especially the desire to market it.

But, really, this is just guesswork: I know very little about it. I go there occasionally, but, yeah, I find it rather dull. It's not even really a very nice place to bike around because it's all so very samey (and yes, I know that there are people who will protest that it isn't. YMMV. It certainly is not as varied as the Mainland which, yes, IS an eyesore sometimes, but contains cool surprises.)

The other three reasons I chose mainland (other than wanting to maintain my current parcel on Heterocera Atoll):

• The houses are too big for me, and can't be resized. I don't want to feel like a prepubescent in my own home.
  • It just "feels" too much like one of those slightly stifling housing developments where everything is regulated by an annoyingly conservative HOA.

Peeve: If Belli had seasonal "house tours" of people's Skyboxes (who signed up for being on the tour). THAT would break up the "sameness", cancel out the "Stepford-ness"..give Belli some "life"!

• Like 1

Peeve: LL appears to not only allow monopolies in SL, but they are also encouraging it and helping to make it happen in addition to unmentionable things. 

The longer this kind of crap goes on, the less I want to log in. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

All of this for me, plus I absolutely loathe suburban life. My goal is to get *away* from that in the real world. No way would I want it here.

Plussssss - I go through moods when it comes to my SL housing. I adore private islands since abandoning a plot on a whim and picking up a new one is so effortless with the company I'm with (plus I'm able to get credit for any remaining time applied to the new plot). I can move from a forested island to a beachfront in 5 minutes. Or, as is my preference these days, just rent a big ole plot in the sky and swap between "cabin nestled in the hills" and "underwater grotto" and "vaporwave neon woman cave penthouse" whenever I want without anyone complaining about it. And of course the biggest plus - due to some massive luck, every sim I pick always tends to be empty, even if all of the plots are taken. 1-4 people on them, at the most, but very often a big ole 0.

My only peeve is when I get too attached to a sim/plot and settle in for too long, which is my current issue. I log in only to pay rent these days because my plot is TOO perfect to let it go for the temporary break from SL I reallyyyyy want to take. 😂

• Like 2