1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That's how rich people used to make cheese, make their wives take bathes in it until it started to turn..

Then invite people that thought they were their friends over for cheese and scrumpits..

:D

Bruh. I think you may have successfully put me off cheese for life. 🤢

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

On 10/12/2023 at 8:04 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

Peeves mixed with good news:

I have a job interview tomorrow. I need to fill out an online application for it, even though they already have my resume. I'm tired from clearing out my storage unit this afternoon. My car is full of the stuff I moved out of my storage unit. Tomorrow I have to drive 25 miles to another town for the interview, and I'm worried I won't have money to buy more gas when I get back.

Update: 

Peeve:  Phone navigation went wonky. First it told me to turn around and go back when I got to the town, so I lost 15 minutes. Then it kept trying to tell me to drive onto a road that was blocked off. I ended up going through the truck entrance, but I got there in time & the interview seemed to go well. Ironically, it's for a QC job at a coffee company and I don't drink much coffee because I'm sensitive to caffeine.    

Edited by Persephone Emerald
navigation
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Did you try the Welcome Hub, got to catch them while they are fresh...

Pfft, cradle-hunting. What sort of amateur spampire do you take me for? Huffs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Well...if floral maternity photos and "ice cream so good" and NPC streams are your jam, I won't judge. Out loud. I'll just peeve and judge silently. 👀

I'll be over in the comedy section tho, cuz...I can't with all that.

Everything is my jam...well,  ALMOST...Even I have limits.../me hides his head in embarassment..

2 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Well, yes there are different types of vampire...

That scene is a lot better in the musical ..

29 minutes ago, SabrinaCooke said:

I can point you to a few. LOL

.. Ones who would meet my very strict criteria for having a nibble on? I'm a very picky eater! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Orwar said:

That scene is a lot better in the musical ..

.. Ones who would meet my very strict criteria for having a nibble on? I'm a very picky eater! 

Orwar, I never knew you were a vampire.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Why do we have to make homework? Why do we have to learn Geography?  

22 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Hmm...good point! All we have to do is look at Google Maps, or book a flight? 🤔 

It might be interesting to understand why one country is fighting with another - History and Geography. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Bagnu said:

/me changes into his female AV and cries over a run in her stocking.

21 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

If I, or any woman I know, gets a run in a stocking, we're far more likely to turn the air blue than cry about it.

Fortunately my mum equipped me from an early age with an arsenal of really colourful and impressive British curses and expletives.

Men wonder why women carry purses with so much stuff on them. If they're married or have kids, it's because we have to carry all the emergency equipment for everyone else. If we're single, it's because we have to carry all the emergency equipment for ourselves - such as a run-stop stick or a bottle of clear fingernail polish. Women do not cry over a run in a stocking. We swear, then deal with it. If we were to cry, we'd just mess up our mascara too.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah. Looking it up, there's quite a tradition apparently! Anne Boleyn too! (We'll try to overlook the fact that women who had milk baths in history often seem to have ended up violently dead.)

I myself would prefer to emulate Cleopatra by ruling over Egypt.

I' th' Posture of a Whore (Cleopatra)

Women end up violently dead whether they're wealthy, poor or middle class. We only hear about the famous, wealthy ones.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
typo
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Orwar, I never knew you were a vampire.

Pssst, I have to let you in on a secret.. Have you ever seen the movie Blade? Remember that first scene in the club?

You know, where they guy finally realizes where he really is?

Welcome to the party baby!

*Ceka flips on the sprinklers*

giphy.gif

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

So, only peeves. I'm having, a day. I am defeated and giving up for the evening.

It's cold and stormy, that started the day off icky. Derp tripped me, hit my head on the counter, so that was a swell morning. Went to go to the store, total flat tire. How you say, when it hasn't moved since yesterday and was fine then? Oh, some idiot cut it, apparently (this is where I yell at myself for not having one of those fancy ring cameras, isn't it?). Got the spare on, called a friend who works at a shop who was able to get me down to get a new tire. Okay, so things are getting a little better right? Rough morning, but I can do this, even though I've already spent more than I have to spare. Got to the store, did my shopping, came out and some wingnut hit my car, not super hard, just a couple dings but, come on man, I park at the back of the lot!! So angry me goes home, I'm a crab, it's time for some food and a nap, or movie, or something, I dunno, something. Went to turn on the heat, because it's cold. Furnace turns on, gets itself all warmed up, then turns off. Wtf. It's not an old furnace. So I do everything I can. I am not really as inclined in this area as I'd like to be. I get by and I can do basic household and appliance maintenance, but I am not a repair person and it's only by sheer luck I haven't yet blown my house, which is old, up. Still, I tried, all day, everything I could possibly try. The damn motor for the blower is just shot I think. I don't know why, this is my only reasonable conclusion at this point, as nothing else explains it. I have tried everything. Now I can either call someone to fix it, or order the part myself, but the problem with that is that it has to be to very specific specs, or some *****, and I have no damn idea what I am doing in that department. Either choice is going to cost more than I have to spare. Also either choice is going to require I get someone more knowledgeable than myself over here to make sure anything done is done right, and that's a whole separate issue for me.

I am doing my best adulting and my best SUCKS today. I'm angry, I'm tired, my hands hurt (don't even ask!) it's friggen cold, I have a headache and I am just DONE. 

Also, no delights, so, that's just pissy now isn't it? I don't want any silver linings. I want to win the damn lottery. 

Today is not my day, tomorrow doesn't look promising either. 

• Sad 11

2 hours ago, Casidy Silvercloud said:

So, only peeves. I'm having, a day. I am defeated and giving up for the evening.

It's cold and stormy, that started the day off icky. Derp tripped me, hit my head on the counter, so that was a swell morning. Went to go to the store, total flat tire. How you say, when it hasn't moved since yesterday and was fine then? Oh, some idiot cut it, apparently (this is where I yell at myself for not having one of those fancy ring cameras, isn't it?). Got the spare on, called a friend who works at a shop who was able to get me down to get a new tire. Okay, so things are getting a little better right? Rough morning, but I can do this, even though I've already spent more than I have to spare. Got to the store, did my shopping, came out and some wingnut hit my car, not super hard, just a couple dings but, come on man, I park at the back of the lot!! So angry me goes home, I'm a crab, it's time for some food and a nap, or movie, or something, I dunno, something. Went to turn on the heat, because it's cold. Furnace turns on, gets itself all warmed up, then turns off. Wtf. It's not an old furnace. So I do everything I can. I am not really as inclined in this area as I'd like to be. I get by and I can do basic household and appliance maintenance, but I am not a repair person and it's only by sheer luck I haven't yet blown my house, which is old, up. Still, I tried, all day, everything I could possibly try. The damn motor for the blower is just shot I think. I don't know why, this is my only reasonable conclusion at this point, as nothing else explains it. I have tried everything. Now I can either call someone to fix it, or order the part myself, but the problem with that is that it has to be to very specific specs, or some *****, and I have no damn idea what I am doing in that department. Either choice is going to cost more than I have to spare. Also either choice is going to require I get someone more knowledgeable than myself over here to make sure anything done is done right, and that's a whole separate issue for me.

I am doing my best adulting and my best SUCKS today. I'm angry, I'm tired, my hands hurt (don't even ask!) it's friggen cold, I have a headache and I am just DONE. 

Also, no delights, so, that's just pissy now isn't it? I don't want any silver linings. I want to win the damn lottery. 

I'm sorry you had a horrible, miserable rotten day. Some days there just is no silver lining. I'd advise prayer, if that works for you, or burning a green or white candle and asking for some money or help to come to you.  Eat whatever treats you like, have a good cry if you want, then sleep off this miserable day, and try again tomorrow to see what you can make better. Maybe you'll get lucky with the furnace, and it won't be that bad or the repair guy will cut you a break on his fee. 

/ me sends hugs. 

Better days are ahead.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Casidy Silvercloud said:

Your heat could be shutting off because of something with a limit switch somewhere.. The vent pipe not venting well can cause that.. if the vent has a nest over the top of it or has too much restriction for the fumes to vent or even if the pipe is too cold  it can turn off from a limit switch if there is a limit switch under where the vent pipe is..

We had that happen one time and it kicked  off.. a good way to tell is turn it back on and  if you feel a lot of heat coming out from the bottom of the vent, rather than going up and out it could be that.. If there is a motor on the vent pipe and it doesn't turn on, then that could be it too..

Also another thing to check is to make sure something isn't stopping the motor from turning.. see if you can turn the blower wheel  on your own.. make sure it's turned off and see if you can spin it with your hand.. if it turns  and spins then it's probably not the blower motor.. it could be something causing it not to be getting power.. if it doesn't turn, make sure there isn't something in there stopping it from turning..

When you live on a farm and your husband travels for work a lot , it comes with the territory of learning a lot of things around the house..  Because chopping wood for the fireplace sucks a lot when you can barely swing an axe anyways.. hehehe

I'm trying to remember more things that it might be also..If I can think of any I'll post them.. I hope  tomorrow is a better day for you.. I would have broke down in tear just in the morning part of a day like that. you're pretty tough..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Five pages of a thread wherein someone earnestly wanted to discuss a topic and within those five pages we have seen some of the more typical responses from some of the users ...

Here's a hint for some: Being gung ho here (or in world) is pointless as quite frankly you are not going to have the effect you think you're going to have. At all. Being blunt has its place and in this instance you are not being blunt whatsoever. Until someone rolls up an Alt or brings in a friend to harass you then the chain of sending in a report (if needed) followed by blocking/muting is more than sufficient. What a user does with your response (or lack there of if you ignore them/mute them from the first message) is on that user. You're not helping anyone by responding the way you've described. At all.

As to the sort that wishes to see these things through the lens of being personally injured in violent RL situations that the average person simply is not going to encounter ... That's nice. No bearing whatsoever here. None. At all. Door's over on the opposite wall - use it.

What's the precise peeve? Overly dramatic people (being polite on this one).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1