24 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

"Bathroom Floor Chic"

Heroin not included.

Lmao.

"A good night, the best in a long tiiiiiiime. A new friend turned me on to an old favorite..."

Peeve: Off I go to binge-listen to Dirt again. RIP Layne. I'm STILL not over that man's demise. Ugh. Had the biggest crush on him as a teen. He was so pretty.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Lmao.

"A good night, the best in a long tiiiiiiime. A new friend turned me on to an old favorite..."

Peeve: Off I go to binge-listen to Dirt again. RIP Layne. I'm STILL not over that man's demise. Ugh. Had the biggest crush on him as a teen. He was so pretty.

Good call on Junkhead!

I was thinking the ad wouldn't look out of place in a Hole video. Courtney Love in a lace baby doll, lying in a fetal position by the bathtub maybe?

Come to think of it, that's me in my 20s trying to stop the spins . . . 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Good call on Junkhead!

I was thinking the ad wouldn't look out of place in a Hole video. Courtney Love in a lace baby doll, lying in a fetal position by the bathtub maybe?

Come to think of it, that's me in my 20s trying to stop the spins . . . 

Lol, I thought of her, too!

I'm thinking maybe furniture & decor advertising shouldn't be reminding people of these things. 😂

Speaking of all that btw, kind of funny - as a teenager, you just sing this stuff out loud. Just SANGIN' it as it blasts through your headphones....without knowing what on Earth you're actually saying. 

It was years into my 20s until I got what Junkhead (not to mention the entire album) was even about. OMG! I mean, I knew it wasn't great and I got the general gist of it, but I didn't really understand some of the references until later. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Speaking of all that btw, kind of funny - as a teenager, you just sing this stuff out loud. Just SANGIN' it as it blasts through your headphones....without knowing what on Earth you're actually saying. 

Pretty sure THAT one is very life-affirming and positive. Right?

"I am man / Content and fully aware / Money, status, nothing to me"

See? Nice. Mum and dad would approve!

I am terrible at making out lyrics. My favourite instance was the embarrassment I suffered many many years ago when I publicly commented on what I was sure was the line from that really popular AC/DC song that had the chorus that went "And you should be alright now" . . . oblivious to the fact that the song was actually entitled "You Shook Me All Night Long."

/me facepalms

In fairness to me, I was young, and AC/DC was never exactly my thing. But I do remember singing the lyrics to Bikini Kill's "Candy" out loud. What the hell was I thinking?

16 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Lol, I thought of her, too!

I'm thinking maybe furniture & decor advertising shouldn't be reminding people of these things. 😂

And now I'm thinking I need to do a photo . . .

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Pretty sure THAT one is very life-affirming and positive. Right?

"I am man / Content and fully aware / Money, status, nothing to me"

See? Nice. Mum and dad would approve!

I am terrible at making out lyrics. My favourite instance was the embarrassment I suffered many many years ago when I publicly commented on what I was sure was the line from that really popular AC/DC song that had the chorus that went "And you should be alright now" . . . oblivious to the fact that the song was actually entitled "You Shook Me All Night Long."

/me facepalms

In fairness to me, I was young, and AC/DC was never exactly my thing. But I do remember singing the lyrics to Bikini Kill's "Candy" out loud. What the hell was I thinking?

Lmao, AC/DC was never my thing either. And yeah, the 90s especially were a rough time to be singing too loud on a bus somewhere...ehhhmmm, hello RHCP!

Oh speaking of that - my very older brother refused to let me listen to Blood Sugar Sex Magik without heavy editing (which I found hilarious because we used to scrape off the Parental Advisory: Explicit Lyrics warning labels all the time and stick them on mom's gospel albums to troll her, but whatever), so he made a copy of it for me and left out Sir Psycho Sexy. Took me years and years before I realized why...OH...good lookin' out, bro! Saved me a lot of embarrassing school bus rides with that. 😂

Making out the lyrics in rock songs is always a recurring peeve, tho. Industrial's even worse because there's so much stuff going on in the song. You get so into the guitar and bass and there's this hammering glitchy beat and you're just headbanging away like YEAH, Trent...you sing about those...turtles...or...girdles!  🤘

Edit: Speaking of photos, I'm still working on Angelene! Still shopping it.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Lmao, AC/DC was never my thing either. And yeah, the 90s especially were a rough time to be singing too loud on a bus somewhere...ehhhmmm, hello RHCP!

Oh speaking of that - my very older brother refused to let me listen to Blood Sugar Sex Magik without heavy editing (which I found hilarious because we used to scrape off the Parental Advisory: Explicit Lyrics warning labels all the time and stick them on mom's gospel albums to troll her, but whatever), so he made a copy of it for me and left out Sir Psycho Sexy. Took me years and years before I realized why...OH...good lookin' out, bro! Saved me a lot of embarrassing school bus rides with that. 😂

Making out the lyrics in rock songs is always a recurring peeve, tho. Industrial's even worse because there's so much stuff going on in the song. You get so into the guitar and bass and there's this hammering glitchy beat and you're just headbanging away like YEAH, Trent...you sing about those...turtles...or...girdles!  🤘

RHCP's lyrics actually seem pretty tame these days . . .

But speaking of, Anthony Kiedis was not un-pretty in his heyday. A bit of a junk human being, unfortunately, but . . .

And don't you DARE making fun of Twent! Er, Trent.

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Edit: Speaking of photos, I'm still working on Angelene! Still shopping it.

YAY!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

RHCP's lyrics actually seem pretty tame these days . . .

But speaking of, Anthony Kiedis was not un-pretty in his heyday. A bit of a junk human being, unfortunately, but . . .

Yeah now, but that song is still pretty um...yeah...

Also, if you want some insight into how my brain works, I had a hilarious thing happen one morning a few years ago. You know that "just woke up" pseudo dream state where you're still very half-asleep and weirdly capable of hallucinating the most off-the-wall nonsense ever? Well, I was laying there one morning and an entirely random thought hit me out of NOWHERE - "I'm so mad about Anthony Kiedis having a bowl cut!" The thought was so angsty! It woke me up all the way because it shocked me and I started laughing my face off. I got up and ran to Google because honestly, I haven't seen nor thought about Anthony Kiedis in a good decade. There's no way in hell I subconsciously know what he looks like currently...

Googled. Yup. Straight up bowl cut. Flowbee couldn't do it better. DIED. I was so mad. Of all the fun psychic abilities I could possibly develop, I'm getting visions of 90s rock stars doing the most obnoxious crap with their hair. 🤣

Oh, and Trent is bae! Even with the dad bod. 😂

• Haha 2

Peeve:

People who are convinced that their approach to, and experience of SL is THE ONLY TRUE one, and anyone who gets something different from the platform is just plain deluded or stupid.

I have a very good friend -- a smart man, and generally pretty sensitive and generous -- who had a bad relationship here once a long time ago. He is, as a result, utterly contemptuous of anyone who is partnered or in a romantic relationship in SL because, well, it didn't work for HIM, and therefore it's really just not possible, and you're fooling yourself if you think it is.

Or people who think that SL is just a "cartoon," and not in any sense capable of generating experiences of genuine sadness, fear, upset, vulnerability, or coercion -- and anyone who feels these should just log off. These, in my experience anyway, tend to be the type of person who blunders through SL treating everyone they meet like disposable NPCs.

If there is one thing SL should be good at it, it is occasionally taking us out of ourselves, and enabling us to see things from new perspectives. I get that there are people who aren't interested in that -- but crapping on the experience of others because "empathy" isn't on your to-do list in-world is . . . really annoying.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

PEEVE!
(I'm on a roll tonight!)

People who think that "free speech" means one can say any idiotic thing that oozes undigested and unconsidered out of one's addled pate, and if anyone dares question or challenge it, then one's SACRED RIGHTS and FREEDOMS are being trampled upon!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Typo! And, um, grammar.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

/me facepalms

I had this with "Editions of You" by Roxy Music, I only found out a few years ago he was singing "As I was drifting past the Lorelei", and not "past the Northern Line" 🥴 After years of singing it to myself whenever I got on that line on the tube...I prefer my version anyway (even thought it doesn't make sense) 🙂

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I had this with "Editions of You" by Roxy Music, I only found out a few years ago he was singing "As I was drifting past the Lorelei", and not "past the Northern Line" 🥴 After years of singing it to myself whenever I got on that line on the tube...I prefer my version anyway 🙂

I do too! And will hereafter making that substitution myself whenever I hear the tune!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

PEEVE!
(I'm on a roll tonight!)

People who think that "free speech" means one can say any idiotic thing that oozes undigested and unconsidered out of one's addled pate, and if anyone dares question or challenge it, then one's SACRED RIGHTS and FREEDOMS are being trampled upon!

256x192.jpg

Edited by Punky Starchild
  • Like 1

Peeve : People barging in through the doors of a saloon, ready for the gunfight and sneering 'Draw..' and poking out their tongue only as their opponent aims a six-shooter at them and the swinging doors they kicked themselves hit them in the back of their head ... :|

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ted McGregor said:

Peeve : People barging in through the doors of a saloon, ready for the gunfight and sneering 'Draw..' and poking out their tongue only as their opponent aims a six-shooter at them and the swinging doors they kicked themselves hit them in the back of their head ... :|

I have an Ennio Norricone tune stuck in my head now. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I have an Ennio Norricone tune stuck in my head now. 

*slaps the back of your head.

Morricone , Sid. Must you ruin it again ? Damn you.

Welcome back .. ;)

Peeve : uncaffeinated misspellers.

Edited by Ted McGregor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1