10 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Coffee pad???  What is this of which you speak?  

Sounds like a leaky coffee diaper which ruins my coffee experience.  Peeved.

senseo-36-extra-strong-0001.jpg

Those together with a Senseo coffee machine and you will always have one or two cups or a mug of freshly brewed coffee. I never use the Senseo brand coffee pads though. I like other brands more.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

In NL it is sold as Senseo, a joined project by Philips and Douwe Egberts (the oldest still existing coffee blenders from our country). It is their invention (at least they claim that here) But other brands make the pads and coffee machines too now a days.
But it is the same as with the word fridge in the USA where the brand name became a general used name in NL.

This is the machine type I use. One can make a traditional pot of filter coffee with it too:

1068x1200.jpg

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Coffee pad???  What is this of which you speak?  

Sounds like a leaky coffee diaper which ruins my coffee experience.  Peeved.

Aren't those the things you put under the coffee cup before placing the cup on your behind?  Seems reasonable to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

In NL it is sold as Senseo, a joined project by Philips and Douwe Egberts (the oldest still existing coffee blenders from our country). It is their invention (at least they claim that here) But other brands make the pads and coffee machines too now a days.
But it is the same as with the word fridge in the USA where the brand name became a general used name in NL.

That is a pretty neat collab between a tech company and a coffee brand. I kinda want to try their coffee now. 

• Like 3

Some of those pads were made with a percentage of plastic in them, so one had to be careful to trough them on the compost pile. Since 2021 the pads are made 100% out of paper and they can be mixed with the rests of veggies and fruits and 100% recycled.

Peeve: OMG, tomorrow it is Friday already.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

Peeve: That the peeve thread has now become a catch all for everyone's complaints and  dissatisfaction of the new forum rules in general and not about actual "peeves". 

Super Peeve: If this were a thread on it's own it would get closed and that would be a shame if the general peeve thread got closed because of it.

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 1

Peeve:  armchair moderators and not just here.  People announcing "this thread should be closed" when the tool to report is right there. Like they have the authority to tell others what should be closed or what is inappropriate.  It's not up to us and never was.

Totally forum related, but I see this inworld as well.  Just AR and move on.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Peeve: That the peeve thread has now become a catch all for everyone's complaints and  dissatisfaction of the new forum rules in general and not about actual "peeves". 

Super Peeve: If this were a thread on it's own it would get closed and that would be a shame if the general peeve thread got closed because of it.

Peeve: Peeves!

If all the world's problems were solved, we'd still have 'em.

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Peeve:  armchair moderators and not just here.  People announcing "this thread should be closed" when the tool to report is right there. Like they have the authority to tell others what should be closed or what is inappropriate.  It's not up to us and never was.

It's similar to my "IBTL" Peeve. IMHO.

Instead of saying "this thread should be closed",  I just report threads these days. Because I am a good Forumite!

47 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Your begin for a red card for this thread is too obvious. Have a stroopwafel instead.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Your begin for a red card for this thread is to obvious. Have a stroopwafel instead.

I had to call into a shop on the way home this evening just to see if I could find something as yummy looking as your profile pic. I got chocolate coated waffles (am dunking one now in a cup of tea) and oat biscuits. 

Peeve: walking home when I'm so hungry and in need of something yummy

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I had to call into a shop on the way home this evening just to see if I could find something as yummy looking as your profile pic. I got chocolate coated waffles (am dunking one now in a cup of tea) and oat biscuits. 

Peeve: walking home when I'm so hungry and in need of something yummy

Mmm... Chocolate coated waffles. Almost as good as the Belgium ones with a whipped cream topping.

Peeve: Now I'm craving for one.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Why shouldn't men be able to express themselves? Even if it is not in a masculine manner. 

I don't have a problem with them expressing themselves, they can do whatever they want. My peeve is about them shaming men who do act in a masculine manner, and proclaim that their manner to act is the morally correct one.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

If you are referring to me I never said that the thread should be closed but this thread has now become a "catch all" for anything that if posted somewhere else would get deleted or closed. It is no longer a peeve thread.  I'm sorry if you don't like my opinion but I'm allowed to have one. 

Peeve: if everyone would have just AR'd and moved on we wouldn't have had to have new forum rules.

• Thanks 2

Hey, someone has dropped some bait. For the second time in a row already.
Was it the intention to go Seven Sea Fishing and someone lost it by accident or ......

Peeve: I wish I had the same skills as inspector Columbo.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 6

Just now, Sid Nagy said:

Hey, someone has dropped some bait.
Was it the intention to go Seven Sea Fishing and someone lost it by accident or ......

Peeve: I wish I had the same skills as inspector Columbo.

Hopefully with a less wrinkled overcoat.

There's a saying, "Fish or cut bait".  If someone is "cutting bait", then they aren't "fishing"!

• Like 1