Oh Em Gee! Totally Unofficial Thankful and Grateful Thread! Share your smiles Yes! SL SMILES!

Seicher Rae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Lindal Kidd said:

I don't think the Pakled are stupid. It's just that their language is so arcane the Universal Translator has problems with it.

I somewhat agree. They are smart enough to take and use technology from other cultures, and smart enough to kidnap Geordie LeForge on the pretense of needing help.

But in "Lower Decks", they bomb and destroy their homeworld "Pakled Planet" hoping to blame others and for a better place to live. So, there's that.

SMILES that the Pakled make us look smart! Because we'd never destroy our own planet! Ok, ok..we'd never choose a leader based on the size of their hat!

On 10/2/2022 at 1:19 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Oh em gee!

Once you've created an asynchronous iterative parsing interpreter, you're only 1 step away from a multitasking preemptive task scheduler. 

I guess I'll never get done, but the rabbit hole is looking prettier all the time!

I did it, achieved asynchronous iterative parsing today! Only need some testing, then I'll be ready to add multitasking capabilities! That will be an LSL asynchronous iterative multitasking (or "multithreaded") JSON parser!

• Confused 1

OMG!!!! 🤩 This was my notifications tone on my phone for a few years, then I got a new handset this year and couldn't remember what on earth it was called and had to put up with rubbish ones 😐 But now I've found it and downloaded it, I hope I get lots of spam emails so it keeps going off 😍

And before anyone complains...it was used on one of the SL 7Go machines...so that is a piece of SL nostalgia too 🥰

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 8:48 AM, Seicher Rae said:

sigh. No. I've never seen it. Great. I did look. I searched under various words and nothing applicable showed. Well that's a peeve.

Then again... I didn't see it because it is months back buried. So. We can still be thankful in a new spot for a while?

I didn't even see this thread till today .. so it's not just you.

In times like these there are advantages to not having all our eggs in the same thread :)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I didn't even see this thread till today .. so it's not just you.

In times like these there are advantages to not having all our eggs in the same thread :)

Threads die pretty quick with no posts..I try to post on this one to keep it alive. Then if only people would follow it (I forget to follow my own posts, others must forget too.) Anyway, this one die too quickly IMO.

So Demon Spawn has her learner's license, and now that I have my car back, she can practice driving that now instead of costing me $75 a pop for her lessons.  On Friday, I needed to go to the store to pick up something I forgot in the grocery shop and took her with me so she could drive us home.  I drive out of the parking lot and stop on the side of the road to swap places with her.  She gets in, turns to me looking all confused and says...

"Where's the button to turn it on?"

I AM THANKFUL TO BE ALIVE!!!!

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

So Demon Spawn has her learner's license, and now that I have my car back, she can practice driving that now instead of costing me $75 a pop for her lessons.  On Friday, I needed to go to the store to pick up something I forgot in the grocery shop and took her with me so she could drive us home.  I drive out of the parking lot and stop on the side of the road to swap places with her.  She gets in, turns to me looking all confused and says...

"Where's the button to turn it on?"

I AM THANKFUL TO BE ALIVE!!!!

It's ironic that cars didn't use to have that "button to turn it on", but now newer ones do have it!

35 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It's ironic that cars didn't use to have that "button to turn it on", but now newer ones do have it!

Her driving instructor has a flash new "button" car.  But seriously dude...what did she think the key was for?

750135098_giphy(2).gif.11e9d056ea8d5b5d8dab727c2602e92b.gif

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Thanks 1

Watching television on a very rare occasion once, a dating show of all things, I'll quote one of the contestants:
(in surprised voice, made the following statement exactly as typed here, saying the letters) "Three words -> O.M.G!" <- 😂 
*excused from complete numb-skullery for cuteness.  
My Oh emm gee is the new coloured browser groups in the Chrome browser for your in SL extreeeeeme shopping addiction!. 😍💉☠️

I predict my calm, relaxed day off work has just been obliterated 💥🔥 by now having to organise hundreds and thousands of browser bookmarks into new coloured groups!.
And I don't think there's enough colours for my intended number of groups 🤔
But we'll s👀n find out..... off I go..........
nyah HAHAHAHAHA!!

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.