Oh Em Gee! Totally Unofficial Thankful and Grateful Thread! Share your smiles Yes! SL SMILES!

Seicher Rae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, a direct rip off of the Peeve thread (and its previous iteration before numbnuts got it shut down). Yes, totally out of character for me, as I'm more comfortable in the realms of peeves.

This thread is for all of those WTF?! moments that are awesome. It is also for those little quiet things that cross your path that add a little smile to your face. The subjects are as wide and as varied as you are.

NOTE: UNLIKE the current peeve thread, THIS one is not grandfathered in as being ok in not being strictly about SL. Yes, that makes it a bunch more difficult and convoluted to post things, but you are all such a clever bunch, I think we can figure out the loopholes! There's a lot to be grateful and thankful and smile for just in SL. A small kindness. A little surprise find tucked away in a sim build. People. A piece of art. A totally wtf encounter that left you grinning... And gosh, if it is IRL: get creative with your syntax! :D

Can we give thanks as well as peeve? We shall see. Thanks for the joy you are giving by sharing.

And now you can wander over to the peeve thread and complain that I use Taylor Swift gifs :D

thank you ts.gif

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Grateful: The Forum

This is a little more serious than I generally post but, story time:

When I wandered into the SL Forums in 2010, I was in a dark place in my life. That story doesn't matter and won't be shared here, but the truth of the matter is that being able to joke and banter and chat and learn on the forums back then near literally saved my life. I couldn't leave my apartment, and if I had it would have been to purchase components for an exit machine. The forum kept me diverted, kept my mind engaged, allowed my humor to creep back into me and so much more. It was just that important to me. (For those of you who can remember that far back, that might explain just why I fought so hard to keep "my" forum when someone was trying very hard to take me out of it.)

Small lesson from that: No one then knew of my situation, but everyone who kept me positively engaged had a huge impact on my life. We rarely know the kind of impact we have on others, which is one reason to err on the side of kindness, yeah?

Fast forward to today and still grateful for the Forum:

I am not in a dark place. That is behind me. But. The Universe has seen fit to drop a miracle in my lap and once again, it is via the Forum that my life is improved. Mysterious ways, indeed. I'm fair to bursting with joy (peeves will never be banished for long though, rest assured!).

I really do like posting in this weird place. I wish it was a little easier to do now, but I understand why some of the new rulings are in place. It could get rough in here, but despite that, even if I never post again, this place has been special for me.

Plus I get to post Taylor Swift gifs.

bow-taylor-swift.gif

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

sigh. No. I've never seen it. Great. I did look. I searched under various words and nothing applicable showed. Well that's a peeve.

Then again... I didn't see it because it is months back buried. So. We can still be thankful in a new spot for a while?

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

sigh. No. I've never seen it. Great. Well this will be pulled. sigh. I did look. I searched under various words and nothing applicable showed. Well that's a peeve.

It's ok!  Search has not worked very well for awhile now.  That thread is inactive, this one may be do better! 

I often think we need a "positive" / Anti-Peeve thread and forget about the "Pet Pleasures" thread.  I think @Da5id Weatherwaxhad posted an "anti-peeve" in the "Peeve" thread before the one above was started.

(I had initially searched for "Pet Pleasures" for the other thread, gave up and finally searched for just "Pet" in "Title Only".)

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It's ok!  Search has not worked very well for awhile now.  That thread is inactive, this one may be do better! 

I often think we need a "positive" / Anti-Peeve thread and forget about that one, I think David had posted an "anti-peeve" in the "Peeve" thread before the one above was started.

(I had initially searched for "Pet Pleasures" for the other thread, gave up and finally searched for just "Pet" in "Title Only".)

Noooooooooooo! We NEED peeve threads! need need need!  :grabs them away and protects them from the silly lion:

We contain multitudes. Peeves and happy. Silly and serious. Drama and calm. :)

And quit quoting me before I edit! :D

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Noooooooooooo! We NEED peeve threads! need need need!  :grabs them away and protects them from the silly lion:

We contain multitudes. Peeves and happy. Silly and serious. Drama and calm. :)

And quit quoting me before I edit! :D

I did not meant "we should forget about the Peeve" thread, but "I forget about the existing Pet Pleasures" thread. 

Pleasure: Patiently explaining when misunderstood.

Edited!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I don't think starting this kind of new threads is within the current forum rules.
So: In before the lock.

Read the OP again, Sid. It is absolutely to do with SL! For example, read my today's grateful: SL Forum.

With a little creative syntax it is absolutely possible to do a "similar" to the peeve thread.

Geez, folks! I'm getting a little peeved here. :)

Give it a chance? Post what makes you smile, happy, thankful, grateful and tie it in as best as you can to SL. My OP directly gets to this.

Shees, first "It has already been done" (that's been dealt with" now an "IBTL"???? At least you could have posted a cute little IBTL gif that we could smile at and keep it on topic. Some of those are hilarious.

Bunch of curmudgeons!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I don't think starting this kind of new threads is within the current forum rules.
So: In before the lock.

If advertising/begging for money to save your SL that you can't afford is allowed to stand, although locked, all @Seicher Raeneeds to do is add "IN SL" to the title.

ETA:  On topic...almost forgot

I'm grateful for the handful of people that keep me logging in and all you fine people I've met here in the past 2 years. 

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Seicher Rae changed the title to Oh Em Gee! Totally Unofficial Thankful and Grateful Thread! Share your smiles Yes! SL SMILES!

And how long do you think it will stay on topic?
Especially when you refer/ link it to the pet peeve thread?
Most of us are long enough around to know the answers.

Now my SL happiness: I'm so glad and grateful that I don't have a shoe or my hair or both up my ass in recent times after a teleport.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I often think we need a "positive" / Anti-Peeve thread and forget about the "Pet Pleasures" thread.  I think @Da5id Weatherwaxhad posted an "anti-peeve" in the "Peeve" thread before the one above was started.

in fairness, the anti-peeves were successful resolutions to previously posted peeves :) So could theoretically fit on the grounds of "Oh Hell. These are fixed. Now I'm peeved that I've got nothing to grumble about... oh, wait...."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

in fairness, the anti-peeves were successful resolutions to previously posted peeves :) So could theoretically fit on the grounds of "Oh Hell. These are fixed. Now I'm peeved that I've got nothing to grumble about... oh, wait...."

Oh fer cryin' out loud!  Let's just say nice stuff about SL and get on with it!  I love SL. I love how things have gotten so much prettier, so much more realistic. Textures are outrageously good sometimes. Mesh has been a horrible thing for some but I LOVE mesh. I love mesh bodies, I love mesh builds. Mesh mesh! And art. There are so many beautiful bits of art...sometimes I want to have a gigantic gallery where I can just stare at beautiful creations for long periods of time. And then there are the Giant Snails. If you have never been a Giant Snail in SL, check it out. It will pump life into your sleepy inner child.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Cate Foulsbane said:

Oh fer cryin' out loud!  Let's just say nice stuff about SL and get on with it!  I love SL. I love how things have gotten so much prettier, so much more realistic. Textures are outrageously good sometimes. Mesh has been a horrible thing for some but I LOVE mesh. I love mesh bodies, I love mesh builds. Mesh mesh! And art. There are so many beautiful bits of art...sometimes I want to have a gigantic gallery where I can just stare at beautiful creations for long periods of time. And then there are the Giant Snails. If you have never been a Giant Snail in SL, check it out. It will pump life into your sleepy inner child.

Um..Second Life is the only Second Life for me! I accept no substitute.

This place is the best, and y'all are OK, I guess!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This is an excellent thread, and its intent is clearly within the forum guidelines.

So, my first pleasant SL surprise is this thread.

My second SL pleasant surprise is seeing Seicher so obviously happy and excited about the forums and her SL.

My third -- and this ties in with Seicher's second post -- was a first time meeting in-world (with Maddy) two forumites I've known for a while here, and who are now SL friends. And their SL is a happy and excited one too, and that's a little contagious. It was a lovely evening.

My fourth SL pleasant surprise is how SL, or more precisely the people of SL, can continue to produce pleasant SL surprises after so long.

There are lots of reasons to keep logging-in to SL. But none is more compelling than all of you.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Sl is full of pleasant suprises of course, but for me the biggest was this. I for a time in RL was feeling that my life was pretty pointless and dreary, while I would never end it i often thought the world would be just as well off if i went to sleep one night and just didn't wake up in the morning. Then I made a new friend in SL, and that all changed.

Edited by BillFletcher
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Not being very tech savvy, I learn by trial and error most of the time in SL.  This is the reason I buy copy items in SL, so I can screw it up a hundred times before I finally get to say, "Holy crap!  I can't believe that worked!" 

I love when I get to say, "I can't believe that worked!" in SL. I-just-learned-something-new is always a good feeling.  I am grateful and thankful to get that feeling in SL

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Not being very tech savvy, I learn by trial and error most of the time in SL.  This is the reason I buy copy items in SL, so I can screw it up a hundred times before I finally get to say, "Holy crap!  I can't believe that worked!" 

I love when I get to say, "I can't believe that worked!" in SL. I-just-learned-something-new is always a good feeling.  I am grateful and thankful to get that feeling in SL

And this all happened where, you say?

Cuz, you know you can only post about things that relate to or happen in SL in this forum, right?

I think I'll report this post, just to be on the safe side . . .

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And this all happened where, you say?

Cuz, you know you can only post about things that relate to or happen in SL in this forum, right?

I think I'll report this post, just to be on the safe side . . .

Pet Pleasure: if you started another "why do people report [users in SL or posts], and do you report posts?" thread. That one was..enjoyable.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.