Belleza Announcing New Gen.X Body and Event

Lysistrata Szapira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, CalypsoJewel said:

Whereas it'd help with determining whats what, i'm glad they don't do this because i'd probably never buy anything again.

On second thought. Do it. Definitely do it. Save me lots of money.

(But in all honesty, i'd rather not buy an item twice at full price just to wear it on 2 bodies).

Presumably for any sane creator the individual packs would be cheaper than "all rigs at once." :P

11 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

Presumably for any sane creator the individual packs would be cheaper than "all rigs at once." :P

Never underestimate greed. =(

Edit: Perhaps another way of doing it would be to sell the demo versions separately? Generally people are going to demo for the size/body they're after. That way customers don't get nickled and dimed, and creators still get their demographics.

Edited by CalypsoJewel
  • Like 3

Edit: Perhaps another way of doing it would be to sell the demo versions separately? Generally people are going to demo for the size/body they're after. That way customers don't get nickled and dimed, and creators still get their demographics.

They should have had demos out well before the release date.. I think it's silly not to..

Now if it is crowded there, they're gonna have people taking up space in the sim trying it on or people grabbing it and leaving to demo elsewhere and then having to come back, if they can get back in..

I know I wouldn't just want just pictures hyping up my product. I'd want something people can put their hands on for themselves.. then you get more of who is really gonna get it on the release date..

Seeing a bunch of really well done images mixed in with photochopped images hyping things up, can seem like a lie to some people when they go to put their demo on after  having it dangled in their face for months and not get similar results. It happens all the time with so many products.

I think both of the ones doing releases today, really could have pushed their product a lot better than they have..

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone knows what time it's starting, but just heard in one of my groups that the Belleza event starts at 8:00am SLT

RACE YA THERE!! \o/

hehehe

ETA: Just seen that, Famshed event starts at 12:00pm SLT for anyone interested in trying out the Prima body.

Edited by Ceka Cianci

Unpacker HUDs that allow to unpack individual body sizes actually do send such information to a creator. There has been a minor drama on flickr a while ago about how it does breach the privacy and what not. Now whenever creators actually use this information is another question.

1 hour ago, Cinos Field said:

Presumably for any sane creator the individual packs would be cheaper than "all rigs at once."

Still a bad deal for the most who wear more than one body. Violent Seduction does that ever since she started to rig for Legacy/perky and later Reborn. Her clothing aside of shoes (those include all sizes) are 250L$ per color per body version. A little bit cheaper than average 300-400L$, but not really all that much. Fatpacks of hers have all colors/sizes, and usually sold 50% on release event, but I personally never buy any fatpacks as I have no use for all those colors.

It also leaves a very bad feeling in case of someone decided to change bodies at some point after already buying a lot of clothes for the previous body. The "Oh, I have to buy exact same clothing again even if I already have it." is a good way to push people to buy from creators that provide all sizes and known to update older stuff with new body sizes.

2 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

Kupra I've not seen much but I do believe that look is too popular right now for that body to be the one that gets sidelined. Reborn... that'd be my guess, if any at all.

Reborn is actively phasing out Kupra. Last few tmes I went to check Lucia Nightfire's body data, Kupra had a negative trend in the last 24h (at the time of checking) and looks very much dead, while Reborn does remain 2nd most trending body (1st is still Maitreya). We'll see if/how Gen X Curvy gonna change it, but if it's gonna stick around then I expect Reborn slowing down quite a lot, and it'll completely kill what's left of Kupra's market.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, colleen Criss said:

You mean like Kalhene Erika?

Except Erika is a curvy body that can be slimmed down but still nobody makes clothing for.

9 hours ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

Wonder if designers will drop support for any other bodies to rig for Belleza X instead? I can't see them all continuing to support Maitreya, Legacy and Perky, Kupra and Reborn as well as 2 new bodies from Belleza. I reckon Prima will be left out in the cold by most designers too. A fair few designers have moved to selling items by body size, so they may by now have an idea of what bodies are worth rigging for.

I think Freya (and all the other old Belleza bodies) will be dropped in favour of the Gen-X. Maybe Maitreya will be dropped in favour of Gen X and Legacy, unless they bring out a really good quality update.  Kupra will be dropped in favour of Reborn.  Prima will suffer the same fate as Erika, Signature Alice and Rebirth. 

This time next year I think we'll be looking at Maitreya (diminished), Legacy, both Gen-X and Reborn.  That's five bodies; not much different from when creators were previously rigging for Maitreya, 2 Slink bodies and the three old Belleza ones.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

I think Freya (and all the other old Belleza bodies) will be dropped in favour of the Gen-X. Maybe Maitreya will be dropped in favour of Gen X and Legacy, unless they bring out a really good quality update.  Kupra will be dropped in favour of Reborn.  Prima will suffer the same fate as Erika, Signature Alice and Rebirth.  

The only way Maitreya will ever decline in popularity is if someone makes an "average woman" body but better. Legacy, for example, is much more towards the curvy/hyper-feminine side of things. Maybe you're expecting X Belleza to be that?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Random heads up since I'm out shopping (as usual).

KC Couture (shoes) has Gen X sizes in today's Saturday Sale items. I cammed inside and there's a new display kiosk for Gen X as well. 

The other good news about this - they seem to be rigging their new stuff for just about everything?

Saturday Sale offer:

704470a910aa94afb8032b36f7b309d1.png

Inside's Gen X display kiosk (one pair of shoes out of several):

96d54f820e45967f0065a44a5d41c7f3.png

There are some minor slight variations where some shoes might be missing one body or so, but it seems like they're trying to keep up, at least! So, at least nobody has to be barefoot (for now).

Just now, Elora Lunasea said:

Same :( 

Ya it's gonna be later today or tomorrow before we get in there.. This is why they should put out demos ahead of time..

You just know once people get in, they are gonna have to demo and then shop the other products there, because they had a hard time getting in in the first place..

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.