Belleza Announcing New Gen.X Body and Event

Lysistrata Szapira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, steeljane42 said:

Any month year now. It's belleza after all, they updated to bento like 1 year after everyone else did (and still got it wrong). BoM update - even longer.

And yeah, 20% off is not enough given how expensive it is and so many alternatives now. I didn't expect them to do any sale, given the release window/event ended less than a month ago, so it's better than nothing at all. However Maitreya, Legacy, Kupra are all 50% off now, Reborn 25% off.  One would think they'd try to catch up a bit for the super slow start, but nope.

Also to add to the list of bodies  half off , Kalhene Erika is at 50% off also.. I was looking on the MP yesterday and looking for only copy mod stuff..They are starting to get some variety in clothes and was happy to see so much mod versions of things..

About Belleza and Gen x, I honestly think if they had any interest in that body doing any good, they'd cut it to half price and leave it there.. They should know by now after the month long event  how it didn't do so well.. Out of the two bodies they sold maybe 300 that whole time between the two.. You would think they would be sparking at the heels to get some traction going with them.

Honestly, I think they thought their name was gonna have more pull than it did.. Enough to think they could start from scratch with everyone, even their older customers..

This is one of those cases where action or lack of action is gonna speak louder than words. That price and how much they are not willing to come off it is saying a lot.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 7

I really did want this body to become popular but there seems to be a trifecta of reasons it's sputtering.

1) Original price way too high. Should be in the Maitreya bracket to complete with those bodies. Legacy somehow managed to pull off the high price but that only means it's harder for others, and people really shouldn't look towards TMP for business advice anyway.

2) Slow updates in the critical early period. Apparently there's something wrong with the auto-alpha scripts since launch, and that hasn't been fixed. Neither has the modifiable version manifested. Or a version that works with bento tails by rigging the ladyparts to some other bones.

3) Due to the above two, support has been incredibly slow to manifest. Nobody has made basic wardrobe items for it (say, a tube dress? a short no-frills skirt? basic jeans? a tank top? a hoodie, a dress shirt, etc etc...) which in turn means fewer people buy in and the circle of life continues.

Should've done a 50% off sale, at least. Or heck, a 25% sale combined with lowering the base price by 25%... :P

Edited by Cinos Field
  • Like 7

In a recent FB post many people in the comments were saying they wouldn't buy the new bodies at only 20% off. The creator or a moderator for them said 20% off was generous enough. Ok, so it probably does look bad to complain that we want everything cheaper and more free stuff, but the fact remains that most people don't want to spend that much money on a "game" or virtual world and no amount of chastising us for saying so is going to change our minds. 

There is an initial investment cost in making new products in SL. There are ongoing costs such as tier or rent. But there is no price per item cost. As long as a creator is selling something relatively unique and desirable, they could make just as much money by selling more items for less as they could by selling fewer items for more. Belleza has probably sold all the bodies they're going to sell at their higher price, so if they want to sell enough to make this body desirable to clothing creators, they probably need to lower the price at least for short sale periods. This would create a 'fear of missing out" drive, like Maitreya does with their Black Friday sale. They also need to understand that in order to compete with the other body creators they need to be priced closer to their prices. The name alone doesn't make people want to buy from them anymore.

If Belleza wants to compete with Legacy, they could drive new players into their store by giving away the Venus body for $L 1. Nobody who's been in SL for a while wants this body, because nobody makes clothes for it anymore. Isis and Freya are both beautiful bodies with easy to use HUDs, but their price needs to remain low because there aren't enough new clothes being made for them. Jake is still very popular in part because its price is lower than the price for a Signature or Legacy male body. Higher competition between female body creators is going to remain a problem for them however, because most users don't want to have to buy a new body every few months or even every year. Most want a good looking body for which they can be sure of finding new skins and clothes. Maitreya continues to fill this need for most users with a female mesh avatar. Competitors need to offer other body shapes and features for around the same price point.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

In a recent FB post many people in the comments were saying they wouldn't buy the new bodies at only 20% off. The creator or a moderator for them said 20% off was generous enough. Ok, so it probably does look bad to complain that we want everything cheaper and more free stuff, but the fact remains that most people don't want to spend that much money on a "game" or virtual world and no amount of chastising us for saying so is going to change our minds.

It's not even me specifically wanting it to be cheaper, I want it to be successful so Maitreya and TMP have something to compete with and might even get forced into updating and improving their offerings more. How about detachable feet, Maitreya? Actually just make the whole body modifiable. As things are, that success will probably not come.

Edited by Cinos Field
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

It's not even me specifically wanting it to be cheaper, I want it to be successful so Maitreya and TMP have something to compete with and might even get forced into updating and improving their offerings more. How about detachable feet, Maitreya? Actually just make the whole body modifiable. As things are, that success will probably not come.

Speaking of modifiable bodies, it's great that Belleza includes a modifiable version for Isis, Freya and Jake, but most people won't go the extra step to actually modify their body. They should include a body with all the applier layers already stripped off (the mesh nipples too please). Then those of us who want a lower render cost body that doesn't use appliers can just wear that one.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

There is an initial investment cost in making new products in SL. There are ongoing costs such as tier or rent. But there is no price per item cost. As long as a creator is selling something relatively unique and desirable, they could make just as much money by selling more items for less as they could by selling fewer items for more. Belleza has probably sold all the bodies they're going to sell at their higher price, so if they want to sell enough to make this body desirable to clothing creators, they probably need to lower the price at least for short sale periods. This would create a 'fear of missing out" drive, like Maitreya does with their Black Friday sale. They also need to understand that in order to compete with the other body creators they need to be priced closer to their prices. The name alone doesn't make people want to buy from them anymore.

If Belleza wants to compete with Legacy, they could drive new players into their store by giving away the Venus body for $L 1. Nobody who's been in SL for a while wants this body, because nobody makes clothes for it anymore. Isis and Freya are both beautiful bodies with easy to use HUDs, but their price needs to remain low because there aren't enough new clothes being made for them. Jake is still very popular in part because its price is lower than the price for a Signature or Legacy male body. Higher competition between female body creators is going to remain a problem for them however, because most users don't want to have to buy a new body every few months or even every year. Most want a good looking body for which they can be sure of finding new skins and clothes. Maitreya continues to fill this need for most users with a female mesh avatar. Competitors need to offer other body shapes and features for around the same price point.

I want it to be successful so I didn't end up wasting 5500 on another bad game plan and end up with another paperweight..

Something was telling me to hold off, but my habit of having to get it now, took over. hehehe

It's ok though, because it was an expensive lesson that sunk in with me this time.. My spending on anything at all has dropped 95% after this last time and has me looking more at  full perm and copy mod..:)

These guys are either gonna sink or swim.. If they sink, it won't be because  there wasn't a boat to grab onto.. It'll be because they thought the name was sea worthy.. hehehe

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

These guys are either gonna sink or swim.. If they sink, it won't be because  there wasn't a boat to grab onto.. It'll be because they thought the name was sea worthy.. hehehe

As someone who's disappeared from their creator role(not sl related) for a long time and popped back, I know from experience their name will not carry them. They are now lost in the sea of fish and need to re-earn their place, not just expect it to be handed to them.

Edited by CalypsoJewel
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

How about detachable feet, Maitreya?

Not being witchy here but I've never understood why this is a thing? There's alpha for feet, tiny script objects you can add in an Outfit folder that automatically changes your feet pose to match the shoes in the outfit, etc. I find it wildly inconvenient that feet aren't attached to a body. What is the need for detachable feet exactly, thanks!

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Not being witchy here but I've never understood why this is a thing? There's alpha for feet, tiny script objects you can add in an Outfit folder that automatically changes your feet pose to match the shoes in the outfit, etc. I find it wildly inconvenient that feet aren't attached to a body. What is the need for detachable feet exactly, thanks!

When Maitreya and Belleza first launched, they also had detachable feet because people were still wearing their SLINK feet and shoe collections alongside their Maitreya bodies. The SLINK feet still, through all the updates, have a wrist and ankle size for matching up with other bodies. I always use it on Freya, because I'm not crazy about those hands and feet or their animation glitches. Maitreya phased that out in one of their updates.

Legacy has separate feet so that the 'foot deformer' that allows you to wear Slink/Maitreya shoes still fits. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Along with what Blaise said (and I kinda find that the Slink feet look better too + furry paws for those avatars), I personally also hate wearing unnecessary body parts. I'm not convinced they don't add lag, but it's perhaps a personal thing... anything I'm currently wearing should be visible or used.

But either way for Maitreya it's as simple as providing several versions of the body if they want to make everyone happy without making it moddable. One full body and one you wear with separate body/hands/legs.

Edited by Cinos Field
  • Like 4

On 11/27/2022 at 9:08 AM, Katherine Heartsong said:

Or you can just... (wait for it...) wear the appropriate feet and not have to run a script to switch anything.

1 hour ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Wild how people want the option to have it either way, and neither is wrong.

I don’t mind either way, if the feet are detachable it’s usually to fit an existing popular body’s shoes. If the feet are attached there’s less chance that there is a visible line.

I still can’t figure out why they didn’t at least include the older Belleza feet, just to keep peoples collection of old Belleza shoes intact.

Kupra was wearable immediately because you didn’t have to worry about shoes. It’s slink and Maitreya compatible. Ebody didn’t have compatible feet, so I waited a while to wear it. Big misstep by Belleza.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

I don’t mind either way, if the feet are detachable it’s usually to fit an existing popular body’s shoes. If the feet are attached there’s less chance that there is a visible line.

I still can’t figure out why they didn’t at least include the older Belleza feet, just to keep peoples collection of old Belleza shoes intact.

Kupra was wearable immediately because you didn’t have to worry about shoes. It’s slink and Maitreya compatible. Ebody didn’t have compatible feet, so I waited a while to wear it. Big misstep by Belleza.

The feet have a new UV map. 

On 11/23/2022 at 3:15 PM, Janet Voxel said:

A month in and it’s about the same, maybe slightly better. The funny thing is, it’s slightly more Freya/Isis support now than Classic/Curvy, but it’s more Curvy than Classic. It’s a very strange situation for Belleza.

I still owe a review, where I’m going to talk about it. The funny thing is, I prefer Classic to Curvy. I think Ebody stole Curvy’s cookies and it’s going to be tough to overcome. The mod support for Ebody makes me say….”I’ll stick with Ebody if I’m going to be curvy.”

Classic is honestly my favorite body that I've tried, proportion-wise. I just can't justify the price tag to myself at the moment.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, BookishMelinoe said:

Classic is honestly my favorite body that I've tried, proportion-wise. I just can't justify the price tag to myself at the moment.

I agree! It’s a really nice slim body. And this is someone that went Freya>Kupra>Ebody. I went ahead and bought them both. I think the price point was the biggest mistake out of a few that they started off with. It immediately made people say no.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BookishMelinoe said:

If you haven't tried it yet, go give Erika a try.. Give a look and see how the proportions are on that body.. You'll probably like the price a lot more.. hehehe

Since their last update, it's all I've been wearing.. Pay special attention to the butt and legs and see what you think.

Mine looks like I have dancers legs and i love it. From the front and back it's even more POW.. hehehe

2010205526_RLVSetup1_002.thumb.png.280781da540effca2d6621ad68bbd603.png

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If you haven't tried it yet, go give Erika a try.. Give a look and see how the proportions are on that body.. You'll probably like the price a lot more.. hehehe

Since their last update, it's all I've been wearing.. Pay special attention to the butt and legs and see what you think.

Mine looks like I have dancers legs and i love it. From the front and back it's even more POW.. hehehe

You know, I own Erika, but I need a redelivery. May need to get on that. I liked it too, though the clothing support isn't really at the level I'd like.

Edited by BookishMelinoe
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BookishMelinoe said:

You know, I own Erika, but I need a redelivery. May need to get on that. I liked it too, though the clothing support isn't really at the level I'd like.

You'll love this update.. The addons are built into the body now so you don't have to wear them anymore just click them on in the hud.. So no wearing deformers or addons eating up attach points. Plus the wardrobe is much bigger now too :)

It's getting there,  like the little engine that could.. hehehehe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You'll love this update.. The addons are built into the body now so you don't have to wear them anymore just click them on in the hud.. So no wearing deformers or addons eating up attach points. Plus the wardrobe is much bigger now too :)

It's getting there,  like the little engine that could.. hehehehe

Woooot! Thanks for the tip :)

• Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 11:11 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

I want it to be successful so I didn't end up wasting 5500 on another bad game plan and end up with another paperweight..

Something was telling me to hold off, but my habit of having to get it now, took over. hehehe

It's ok though, because it was an expensive lesson that sunk in with me this time.. My spending on anything at all has dropped 95% after this last time and has me looking more at  full perm and copy mod..:)

My friend used it as an excuse to clean her inventory, and said that way the money isn't wasted.

Yeah, its not even the price of the new Belleza I think that turns everyone off.  If you're looking to invest in a new body there is an understanding that this is the 'biggest single purchase' most people make (body and head) for their avatars.

But, at least to ME, it wasn't the price point.  It was the clothing options.  If you're not a "First" body purchaser than any body purchase HAS to account for whatever $$$ you think you will have to/want to spend on updating one's wardrobe.

When looking at that cost it becomes prohibitive if you have an inventory of any real 'size'.  Its not just the 5-6K for the body, but then ALLLLLLLL the inventory 'basics' (at least) to replace/collect on top of that to bring your 'new body' up to being able to used as often as your 'older body.'  And, for the GenX models, you're contending with few current creators supporting.  Which means while you can redeliver all those 'already bought clothes' to retrieve, say, a Legacy or Matrieya compatible "new body" you bought - you can't for GenX. 

I bought the Legacy on the 50% Thanksgiving Sales week discount, and being able to IMMEDIATELY outfit her on the HUNDREDS of clothing Items I got redelivered to go get back all the "legacy" compatible clothing I deleted (some years ago) was AWESOME.  SUCH a $$$$$ saver overall that way.

Something you just can't do with GenX bodies.  Maybe in a year or two you can if it gets more support.  But right there saved me 5k+ in linden over the next few months trying to 'basic outfit' my Legacy.  That right there totally tosses GenX out of the running when it comes to SLers who are buying a 2nd or 3rd body and aren't looking to reinvent every aspect of their  inventory.  Its just ridiculous.  I mean I drop 20-30 bucks on creators in SL every month and have for years - but that is asking TOO MUCH of whatever "whales" are out there.  (Does that make me a whale? No idea! LOL)

• Like 3

On 11/29/2022 at 6:15 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

oooOOooohhhh! Love this.. not too exaggerated, just the right amount of smexy curves. Went for a demo about 10 minutes ago and surprised that it was 50% off!!! Got it for L1495 .. 😘

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.