Belleza Announcing New Gen.X Body and Event

Lysistrata Szapira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, skepwith said:

Oh for Pete's sake, how many more of these things do we need? I wish Maitreya had made the Petite a separate body and broke the shoulder compatibility for that. 

The last time I seen them talk about a curvy for Maitreya was like 6 years ago in the Maitreya flicker discussions..

They had one in the works and were going to release it but had to put it on hold..

Haven't heard a thing about it since, so I don't think that one is coming. hehehehe

• Like 2

I demo-ed the bodies. I really, really like the classic version and I did not expect that. The curvy...is nice. But comparing it with my reborn body, I still prefer the reborn. I didn't buy it yet because I want to see how supported the bodies will be in the future. Like, if people only rig for the curvy then I'll pass. If the classic gets the same amount of support, I do like it enough to purchase it. I know I saw on flickr yesterday (?) that the dev kit is available now. So yay on that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dream Starchild said:

I demo-ed the bodies. I really, really like the classic version and I did not expect that. The curvy...is nice. But comparing it with my reborn body, I still prefer the reborn. I didn't buy it yet because I want to see how supported the bodies will be in the future. Like, if people only rig for the curvy then I'll pass. If the classic gets the same amount of support, I do like it enough to purchase it. I know I saw on flickr yesterday (?) that the dev kit is available now. So yay on that.

I was in the creators group earlier and they were saying the amount of kits that went out is pretty crazy. So we should really start seeing things coming out now.. So that was encouraging to hear. :)

• Like 4

On 10/5/2022 at 4:21 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

There are those.

Then there are the others that have them no mod, because they couldn't charge us for using the color pallet in the tools to color the full perm mesh that someone other than them made. hehehehe

Since I figured out how to work with full perm mesh myself, I've gotten pickier about buying template clothes for sure. Want me to buy the fatpack just to turn the sash blue? Fine, I'll give Meli Imako my money and turn it blue myself.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, BookishMelinoe said:

Since I figured out how to work with full perm mesh myself, I've gotten pickier about buying template clothes for sure. Want me to buy the fatpack just to turn the sash blue? Fine, I'll give Meli Imako my money and turn it blue myself.

I just wish we had a block feature on the MP, so we could remove the ones we don't want on our searches.. It would be so much easier weeding out the clutter..

• Like 7

4 hours ago, BookishMelinoe said:

Speaking of full perm mesh, I see a few full perm template creators on the marketplace already putting stuff out for these bodies.

• Like 2

On 10/4/2022 at 12:58 PM, Orwar said:

It depends on what a new Maitreya body might be, which we can only speculate about. So far, Lara has been kept up to date and there isn't 'technically' any real need for a new one, there aren't any new ground-breaking features in SL which would require it to be made from scratch. If Maitreya releases a new body I figure it's more likely that they either want to appeal to a new body type (such as curvy) or that they want to make a differently shaped body (a lot of people don't like the shoulder area of the Lara). In the latter case, certain things such as trousers may still work, whereas tops mightn't. But again, that's purely speculative, and even if they do release a new body there's nothing stopping anyone from continuing using Lara. 

For clothing that covers the shoulders, it won't matter because they won't show, and for clothing that leaves shoulders bare, it won't matter because they'll be uncovered.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

For clothing that covers the shoulders, it won't matter because they won't show, and for clothing that leaves shoulders bare, it won't matter because they'll be uncovered.

And then there's clothing that's see-through or directly interacts with the shoulders, such as bras, tank-tops, vests, suspenders, backpacks...

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

I beg to differ.  I wear a shoulder deformer with my 'Lara' and there are quite a few of my tops that cover the shoulders that clip with the deformer on.  I thought it was poor rigging at first and then I remembered that the tops never clipped before.  So what was different?  The deformer.  Taking it off the tops no longer clipped.  And I do not mean they clipped just when moving.  It was also at standstill on my pose stand.  So yeah.  Changing the shoulders on 'Lara' will affect clothing that was purchased if they change the shoulders.  The clipping is not where one can use the alpha cuts, it is along the edge of neckline at the shoulders.

20 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just wish we had a block feature on the MP, so we could remove the ones we don't want on our searches.. It would be so much easier weeding out the clutter..

A block feature would be great, but in the meantime you can make a string like, say, "NOT scandalisation NOT purpleberry NOT whateverbrand" and keep that saved in a text document to paste into every search you make to filter out those vendors.

Edited by Cinos Field
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

A block feature would be great, but in the meantime you can make a string like, say, "NOT scandalisation NOT purpleberry NOT whateverbrand" and keep that saved in a text document to paste into every search you make to filter out those vendors.

Thank you! :)

I'm definitely going do to that for sure..It's gonna be a heck of a list of full perm sellers on it that's for sure.. hehehe

That's full perm sellers, not full perm creators.. Just so people don't take it as I mean the ones actually doing the mesh creating.

Edited by Ceka Cianci

11 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

There's, like, 0% chance the Maitreya team is going to re-sculpt Lara as a free upgrade at this late date. After rummaging through Strawberry Linden (nee Singh)'s blog, the release date of Lara V.1 was December 2014. 

I think there is a pretty good chance the body is gonna sit where it is.. I think all they are going to do is update the body when some universal update to the grid for mesh needs to be updated, like bento and bom were.. Since the petite addon, I don't think they've really made anything.. But probably don't really need to anymore and might just be done with the project, for now.

They have a few stores in their sim of good quality items, that is better than a lot of the crap showing up at the events, and the #1 body..

Every time I go to that sim, there is always a couple people in front of the body vendor checking out the body and customers looking at the other things..

Putting out an update that might break a lot of the content that is keeping it where it is, Ya I think it's pretty unlikely.

Introducing a new body is like hitting restart on something that for them is working just perfectly so far.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

Just FYI, it appears that GenX is not on the current list of planned releases (Google Doc) for It's Not Mine. For a body with an animated cooter, that's not great. Hope that changes, or one of the budding INM rivals comes out with something first (honestly preferable, at this point).

Also, be advised, if you go and ask about this in the in-world INM support chat, people will get rather testy with you.

Edited by Ezbeharra

10 minutes ago, Ezbeharra said:

Just FYI, it appears that GenX is not on the current list of planned releases (Google Doc) for It's Not Mine. For a body with an animated cooter, that's not great. Hope that changes, or one of the budding INM rivals comes out with something first (honestly preferable, at this point).

Also, be advised, if you go and ask about this in the in-world INM support chat, people will get rather testy with you.

I don't think that list is current with what's in the store.. I shot over there to see what they had, because Reborn being so popular, wasn't on the spreadsheet.

I just wanted to see if it was in the store and a Reborn version is in their store..  I didn't look around too much.. just did a quick area search and camed in and then got out of there.. hehehehe

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I don't think that list is current with what's in the store.. I shot over there to see what they had, because Reborn being so popular, wasn't on the spreadsheet.

I just wanted to see if it was in the store and a Reborn version is in their store..  I didn't look around too much.. just did a quick area search and camed in and then got out of there.. hehehehe

I didn't even think to check but you're right, they do have Reborn in the store (don't worry, they keep the place mopped). Now I almost wish I hadn't left that group so I could snark back about their bad info (which didn't come from an actual INM rep anyway, I should have known better!).

1 hour ago, Ezbeharra said:

Are any of the budding INM rivals less misogynistic? I tried INM and was honestly horrified at the misogyny. Not every woman wants to be referred to as a (insert slur here) just because they are using that type of product.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

Are any of the budding INM rivals less misogynistic? I tried INM and was honestly horrified at the misogyny. Not every woman wants to be referred to as a (insert slur here) just because they are using that type of product.

There was some discussion of those systems in this thread. Unfortunately my current body barely even has INM support so I haven't explored them very well yet, but I will say that if you're not stuck on 3.5 like I am, the current version of INM lets you change all the messages to whatever you want via the configuration menu.

Edited by Ezbeharra
clarified ambiguous sentence
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

From the looks of it they had guys versions too, I wonder if they do or say the same things?

• Like 2

I mean, I actually want to be talked to like that but it's kinda weird when my shower says it to me.

If I wasn't stuck on 3.5 I'd change it to something like Decontamination aborted! Warning: biohazard still detected on life form.

Edited by Ezbeharra
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

Have you tried the demo for the ASA counterpart? That might be what you're looking for. It's decidedly less . . . gooey. But it looks high quality and the ASA P even lets you pick your pronouns. So that might be more in the neighborhood of decent. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Have you tried the demo for the ASA counterpart? That might be what you're looking for. It's decidedly less . . . gooey. But it looks high quality and the ASA P even lets you pick your pronouns. So that might be more in the neighborhood of decent. 

Do you know if there are plans for a more gooey add-on, like INM has? Uh, asking for a friend

Glam Affair had some really nice skins for the Belleza Gen X bodies.. So nice that I was wanting to get the same thing for my other bodies since I'm gonna shelve my Belleza for awhile until it's worth making a shopping trip for..

I tend to find myself just waiting for things to pop up rather than going an doing second life things and letting things build up.. it's like watching grass grow when a body first comes out.. hehehe

Aaaanyways, Now i can't find anything like them.. Even the skins for their other bodies feel out of date compared to them.. I hope they do other body versions in those.. they have nice details added to the belleza ones that would be really nice on the other bodies..

I looked for skins there for my reborn as well and find it silly that a skin store sends you to another skin store.. Velour  lol

Seriously!! \o/ hehehe

• Like 3

The ONLY good thing that has come out of this thread is the idea of a Maitreya Petite body, and maybe better shoulders.  The Belleza thing looks to me like TMP->Legacy Mk2 (and screw you loyal customers).

Of course if your fun in SL is in buying new clothes, this is the perfect excuse.  And you can play being a fat-butt girl too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.