What Happened to the INM system by Trina Carlson?

Afkgirl101

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been away for a couple months and it seems like the It's Not Mine System and all products besides the vendor have been taken off the Marketplace. I believe they had a group as well and that's gone. Does anyone know what happened? I really liked that brand and was hoping she would convert to BoM soon. Is she coming back?

It's still live for me. Are your maturity settings maybe defaulted back to exclude Adult-rated items?

They just sent an update in fact a week or two ago to 3.6.3.

There's also a new system out there that's already good and with a great roadmap to get even better. Lower latency HUD, extremely high quality visual effects, and dynamic "flow" if you follow my drift ;) No support for Aeros for the guys yet though, which is holding me back from switching.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong

7 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

It's still live for me. Are your maturity settings maybe defaulted back to exclude Adult-rated items?

There's also a new system out there that's already good and with a great roadmap to get even better. Lower latency HUD, extremely high quality visual effects, and dynamic "flow" if you follow my drift ;) No support for Aeros for the guys yet though, which is holding me back from switching.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 2:08 PM, Katherine Heartsong said:

New System???...could you tell me what it is please?

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 3:08 PM, Katherine Heartsong said:

what's that and where can it be found?

It's the new thing called "The Jizz Come [sp ;)] System" from ASA, Animation Standards Alliance. There's huge potential in this system, I think. Uses less system overhead than INM according to my readings in Firestorm when worn (and also HUD) and has a very cool realistic look.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2021 at 6:08 AM, Katherine Heartsong said:

what system?

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2021 at 9:08 AM, Katherine Heartsong said:

What's the system?  I'm looking for literally anything other than INM.

I wanted a system to use primarily for modeling and photography, and select play.  INM gave me a system with a "game" attached, specifically a humiliation game, where I need to spend time "cleaning up" after posing with it.  Sure there's a workaround (make forty copies, treat them as single shot disposable).  But you still need to have a partner or other object to make the layers appear, etc. etc. 

I get some people adore that functionality.  I want to be able to turn it off, and if I had known I couldn't there is no chance I would ever have bought the system.  The information that you are tied to playing a game to clean it off (and the creator knows that being able to clean it off in a hurry is useful, because they sell an expensive add on "laundry" to allow you to delay wasting time) is in the notecards, but is nowhere featured in the actual visible advertising, and frankly I assumed it worked like other ***** layers and could respond to say aeros or be turned on or off at will.

I despise the thing, and I'm anxious for anything more flexible that doesn't force me into playing out a humiliation fetish game to make the layers appear and disappear as needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeveraAdmin said:

Sure there's a workaround (make forty copies, treat them as single shot disposable).

All the other issues are valid, but an easier workaround is to set the cleaning time on your shower to 1 second (in the notecard in the default showers it comes with, search-replace 60 with 1 for each animation)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

All the other issues are valid, but an easier workaround is to set the cleaning time on your shower to 1 second (in the notecard in the default showers it comes with, search-replace 60 with 1 for each animation)

Also, you can simply turn the INM optional HUD on, preview the look (shows everything), then turn preview off (cleans everything). Takes, at most, 5-10 seconds.

11 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

They sell BOM layers for the same effect.  Might be what you're needing for taking pics instead of an entire systems.

Yes, I could have bought a different system.  In fact my comment was literally about buying something different.   However they sell that one.  It looks nice enough, I just resent the blithe assumption that everyone wants to be locked into the game functionality.  I mean sure it's their right to market it that way.  It's my right to despise their product.

Similar case in point.  I bought a car sometime back that needs "GAS" which is cool for a small RP sim and utterly inconvenient for touring.  But it also has a "Gas off" mode, and details that in the Help.  I expected to potentially have to tweak a setting or throw a switch.  

Edited by SeveraAdmin

Thank you that would actually be really useful.  As it is I'm just disgusted enough at the model that I'll probably never use the system again and went ahead and purchased the ASA system you suggested.  But I'll definitely circulate the idea to anybody that I know who is equally frustrated.

I admit I didn't catch that was possible, probably because it would seem to go against the "pay for extra time" "Laundry Machine" concept. 

On 1/13/2022 at 9:23 AM, Katherine Heartsong said:

You'll find it easily in the ASA marketplace store. There are things to improve, as a few reviewers pointed out, but it might become my go to when a few of those get sorted ...

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/222823

I really like the ASA product
The layers are not as easy to see.  But they also look like actual *****, rather than some high-schooler's idea of *****.  They probably aren't for people who are looking to reproduce manga or comic books instead of a more realistic presentation, but I like them much better.  

The Hud is simple, intuitive, and lets you turn on and hide everything as you please.  It has a single button function for "clean."  

As far as INM

I've already deleted the system, but I set up cleaner for friends.  I deleted all the animations , and the shower structure from the shower so it is just a box.  You click it, and it does TP you to its location but otherwise it instantly cleans you.  That's less than ideal, but it works.  It does spam the  "you didn't get it all off you filthy *****," message but it is in fact an instant one-click cleaner.  

In doing that I finally remembered what absolutely broke me on this system.  It was the shower's message that "you didn't get it all off you filthy *****." 

I found no setting or configuration file to change that.

I do a fair amount of humiliation play.  I get called a lot of things, and that one is mild.  I just dismissed it as noise the first few times.   But I also consent to humiliation play.

But that message wore on me.  Essentially it was the owner who built the system classifying me as a filthy *****.  I didn't consent to a toy, or by extension it's owner calling me a filthy *****.  As part of a functionally mandatory process.  

I get that a lot of people who buy this product are fine with being called a "filthy *****" by a complete stranger who they paid something in excess of 2k Linden for the privilege.  

But it was a dead certainty that some of them would not be.  I'm not.  In particular, if the scene I just did *wasn't* a humiliation scene that takes one jarringly out of the headspace.  Basically, I feel like there's a lewd ***** who gets to shame me in my bathroom every time I used the damn thing.  

I am curious that the product no longer seems to be on MP...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.