SL Feed still exists... general fyi

Seicher Rae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A while back in another (forgotten) thread a few people asked about the old thing, the SL Feed.  No one knew much about what happened to it.

I posted that I used to post there, off and on, but it was always borked in one way or another. Finally, when they migrated things to the cloud, the feed borked again, and a lot of us lost everything in our feeds, from settings to content. Some people had it recovered, some did not, and I was among that bunch. YEARS of SL photos lost.

The few times I tried going back I got a null page. I posted that in that thread a week ago "You can't get to it" well, I was wrong. You can. It is still under: https://my.secondlife.com/

If that doesn't work for you, how I re-found it was by accident. I went to SL search from my MAIN dashboard, not my "community/forum" dashboard. I searched for me. (I like stalking myself.) And up popped the option to see my profile, only it was hooked into my... feed! My profile picks are right but the photos for the front page and 1st life are directly off of my FEED profile and are different from what you'd see if you dragged open my profile inworld.

So, anyways. In case any of you care... there it is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Conifer Dada said:

That's odd because my feed has always been available and I've used it quite recently. The only difficulty I have with it is that it takes several minutes to delete a single post, so it's difficult "spring-clean" my feed.

It is odd. But I swear to god, I haven't been able to access it since a few months after my last post there, whenever that was. Probably was whining about still having lost all of my stuff and LL just shrugging and saying "oh well, oops."

15 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

It is odd. But I swear to god, I haven't been able to access it since a few months after my last post there, whenever that was. Probably was whining about still having lost all of my stuff and LL just shrugging and saying "oh well, oops."

The profile feed is tied to Web profiles.  If you use firestorm and open a legacy profile and drop a new profile.pic, it won't be the same as the photo shown on the feed.  I never use Web profile on Firestorm so I always have to manually upload the current profile.photo I want directly to mysecondlife.com.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

I was searching my name to see if that profile would pop up..

I ended up finding hippie stock 2011 transcript.. hehehehe

http://magnusbrody.blogspot.com/2011/01/hippiestock-one-2011.html

I can still get to my online profile and all that stuff, i think I have all that stuff  bookmarked still..

Was kind of neat finding  the other though. :)

• Like 1

I've used the feed intermittently for an alt for the past few years and it's worked for the most part. Sometimes I wouldn't be able to post for a few days but then it would start working again. It seems to be up and running more than it has been down. That's just my experience. I don't really think much about the feed. 

• Like 1

I check the feed a couple times a week because I have friends that are active there (not here).  Mostly it works, but there are times that photos won't load or "loves" won't stick.  I keep up with several bloggers' new articles there, as well. 

I tend to stay away from the trending tab since it's still mostly pron pics.

• Thanks 1

(smiles) Where were all you guys during the 'whatever happened to the feed?' discussion?

I also wonder why my.secondlife.com didn't work for me for over 6 months?

And yeah, trending is not for the faint of heart. If people like wild west of yore, that's the place to be.

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Oh, there's a direct link to the feeds right on your dashboard. 

OH FFS!!!! LoL. (Yes, there is Intelligentsia in the Forum and I iz it!) I never, ever knew that! 1) I RARELY use my dashboard. I log directly into SL and I only go there for very specific reasons, maybe, maybe only once a month if that! 2) The little icons are by the Facebook crud, and who looks at that? (not me) and 3) O. M. G.

Well. Gosh. Well I stand by my OP because you guys were telling us earlier "hey, idjits, it is still there."

And again, huge mystery as to why my.secondlife.com hasn't worked for me in 6+ months.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

OH FFS!!!! LoL. (Yes, there is Intelligentsia in the Forum and I iz it!) I never, ever knew that! 1) I RARELY use my dashboard. I log directly into SL and I only go there for very specific reasons, maybe, maybe only once a month if that! 2) The little icons are by the Facebook crud, and who looks at that? (not me) and 3) O. M. G.

Well. Gosh. Well I stand by my OP because you guys were telling us earlier "hey, idjits, it is still there."

And again, huge mystery as to why my.secondlife.com hasn't worked for me in 6+ months.

1 of my 5 accounts has never had a working feed.  Ever.  I even contacted support to be told they see it just fine.  No one else can and I guess I didn't care enough to follow up with "Nuh uh... it's not there!"

• Like 1

The feed has been wonky for years. There's a jira for it and it doesn't seem to be completely resolved. I have friends whose pictures were complete gone from their feeds and never restored.  When I try to post a snapshot to the feed as recent as a week ago, sometimes it takes, sometimes it doesn't.

• Like 1

I looked on the feed and seen my last couple of entries were asking Rodvik for his bear, right after he became CEO.. lol

The one before that had something to do with The justice league and over reach or some junk like that.. I don't think  mine ever had a scroll down on it because of the lack of use.. I think I used it those three times and that was it.. lol

• Haha 1

OK, guys... I'm actually, literally crying here. Joy? Relief? Surprise? But... since I could get into it, I dinked around. In the OP I've mentioned when LL migrated everything to the cloud, they totally screwed up MANY people's feeds. Most got it back. I did not.

Guys? Guys? :::hugs!::: As far as I can tell all of my photos are back. I dinked around with the gallery shots and got to (this is the last FULL page of 12, which means it is my earliest shots). If you type in /snapshots you get the 12-tile gallery. If you type in /snapshots?page=(number) you can navigate around that way. So that's 123 pages of 12 photos they have found...
image.thumb.png.dbb7112386bbc3b459d9f291e896cdad.png

My VERY first SL feed picture was this one, a very "where's Waldo" thing showing me rezzing in a building due to old LM issues. (Some things never change.)
image.thumb.png.4603921b783901a781a5de2e8b65fcfb.png

And this was the 2nd picture, and the caption says I'm trying out my very first mesh dress, and having issues. LoL. Also more things never change! BOTH photos are listed as "Over 10 years ago" without an actual date. But this is 100% system Seicher. Omg omg omg

image.thumb.png.89aed164127740fd2a611434c5560e58.png

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

The feed has been wonky for years. There's a jira for it and it doesn't seem to be completely resolved. I have friends whose pictures were complete gone from their feeds and never restored.  When I try to post a snapshot to the feed as recent as a week ago, sometimes it takes, sometimes it doesn't.

The feed has ALWAYS been wonky, and most of the people who used it regularly finally gave up. There used to be a wonderful group of "screenshot only" photographs, because it is straight from the viewer and no photoshop. Photos are always hit and miss and as far as I know you can't send them from Black Dragon (there may be a button but it never worked for me).

I was like one of your friends, my stuff was completely wiped out. Months and months and talks with LL and... nuthin. Eddy, have your friends go back because mine is back, hopefully theirs is too now!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

OK, guys... I'm actually, literally crying here. Joy? Relief? Surprise? But... since I could get into it, I dinked around. In the OP I've mentioned when LL migrated everything to the cloud, they totally screwed up MANY people's feeds. Most got it back. I did not.

Guys? Guys? :::hugs!::: As far as I can tell all of my photos are back. I dinked around with the gallery shots and got to (this is the last FULL page of 12, which means it is my earliest shots). If you type in /snapshots you get the 12-tile gallery. If you type in /snapshots?page=(number) you can navigate around that way. So that's 123 pages of 12 photos they have found...

My VERY first SL feed picture was this one, a very "where's Waldo" thing showing me rezzing in a building due to old LM issues. (Some things never change.)
image.thumb.png.4603921b783901a781a5de2e8b65fcfb.png

Be the building.

I'm really glad you have closure on that with your pictures.. that's a huge find there..:)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

The feed has ALWAYS been wonky, and most of the people who used it regularly finally gave up. There used to be a wonderful group of "screenshot only" photographs, because it is straight from the viewer and no photoshop. Photos are always hit and miss and as far as I know you can't send them from Black Dragon (there may be a button but it never worked for me).

I was like one of your friends, my stuff was completely wiped out. Months and months and talks with LL and... nuthin. Eddy, have your friends go back because mine is back, hopefully theirs is too now!

I'll have them give it a shot. Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I was searching my name to see if that profile would pop up..

I ended up finding hippie stock 2011 transcript.. hehehehe

http://magnusbrody.blogspot.com/2011/01/hippiestock-one-2011.html

I can still get to my online profile and all that stuff, i think I have all that stuff  bookmarked still..

Was kind of neat finding  the other though. :)

I just clicked on that transcript! omg. And I did a search, and nope, I wasn't there. I didn't think so. I'm such an introvert and I'm sure by that time there were some people I didn't want to be on the same sim with. But lookit all of those names. Wow. Reading through them really sent me down a time hole, and it was just like yesterday, seeing all of those names and remembering so much. Thanks for sharing that link!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I just clicked on that transcript! omg. And I did a search, and nope, I wasn't there. I didn't think so. I'm such an introvert and I'm sure by that time there were some people I didn't want to be on the same sim with. But lookit all of those names. Wow. Reading through them really sent me down a time hole, and it was just like yesterday, seeing all of those names and remembering so much. Thanks for sharing that link!

Did you do a, Find in page, from your edit section of your browser to see  if you name pops up in there?

I had to do that because , it's a really long transcript. hehehe

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Did you do a, Find in page, from your edit section of your browser to see  if you name pops up in there?

I had to do that because , it's a really long transcript. hehehe

Yup. I was pretty sure I wasn't there, and yeah, the only way to search that transcript (I can't believe he posted the whole thing!) was to do the find in page thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Yup. I was pretty sure I wasn't there, and yeah, the only way to search that transcript (I can't believe he posted the whole thing!) was to do the find in page thing.

Don't feel bad. I got over 80 hits, about 50% of which was me saying "hi" or "bye" to people.

(Although apparently I was . . . topless? . . . for part of it? 😦)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

BD uses the same code for profile feed uploads, i've checked. No idea why it fails but it does on the LL Viewer too for me.

• Like 1

I hardly ever use my feed. I have a grand total of 12 pics there, and I've never deleted any (didn't know you could) so thats not many, in 14 years. I got fed up with snapshots failing to upload, and fed up that you can't upload them from disk instead.

However, I recently resurrected an old alt and have started using it regularly with her. I gotta say the rate of upload success has improved.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.