What are some things that SL creators do that you really appreciate?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I really appreciate creators that have outstanding customer service......thru the years i have needed to ask questions of the creators or their support staff and i have always received timely and polite reply's and assistance. There are so many folks out there working hard and doing the best they can.....i've been known to purchase items for this reason alone.

I will agree with the other people here that this new hud that lets you only unpack the size you need is brilliant and sure saves alot of time too.

• Like 5

I appreciate the demo with hud including all colours, not just one. Also, demo with no timer and not bright circles or words, that really hides the outfit. That makes me take off everything and delete it. 

I appdeciate when I take the demo and there's nothing to be unpacked, it saves time. If I have to unpack the demo then I'll have 2 folders to delete. Not so many creators make it this way. 

What I hate - giant huds that hides the half of my screen. One creator (very famous by the way) make such huds that I always crush when I use it. 

And yes - the texture for the outfit is always a good idea. 

I love the Seka outfits because have options for textures or different colors that are details of the outfit (I'm not sure I describe it well). Most creators are doing it only for fatpacks. 

• Like 2

I hate the giant HUDs too, and I have started sending notecards to the vendors that make them, asking them to please be kinder to my screen real estate.

One creator (ExXcEsS hair) makes a HUD that is, glory be, MOD. I found I could actually edit it and shrink it down. I don't think I have ever seen a HUD do this before, and it's brilliant.

• Like 3

I appreciate that they make great clothes, skin, hair, shoes and lots more with their incredible creative talent, otherwise I’d be going around in my birthday suit. I also love how I’m literally able to find everything I can possibly think of, from stethoscopes to hanging plants and antiques thanks to these amazing creators.

• Like 4

I like when they have a store that is well designed, consistent, uncomplicated and display the products clearly. For demos, I like if they have a good naming system on items so I can file them easily and be able to go to their main store. 

• Like 3

Speaking of the stores, please have vendors that are big enough so I can see the outfits from a distance. They don't have to be fancy, but I can shop more easily and will buy more if I can see your items without having to cam very close to the pictures.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

Inworld stores with beautiful scenery, like parks, villages, urban scenes. I've bought a lot of stuff from the little shops tucked in corners of Kowloon for example, just because I hang around there and the shops are so cute. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I hate the giant HUDs too, and I have started sending notecards to the vendors that make them, asking them to please be kinder to my screen real estate.

One creator (ExXcEsS hair) makes a HUD that is, glory be, MOD. I found I could actually edit it and shrink it down. I don't think I have ever seen a HUD do this before, and it's brilliant.

Going along with smaller huds are huds for outfits that don't all attach to the same dang spot on my screen.  Top HUD goes at the top of my screen, bottom HUD goes on the bottom, not on top.of each other.  Sheesh.

• Like 1

Footprints for building rezzing boxes. Drag the box into the ground and see the footprint before clicking rezz. Makes adjusting building positions way easier.

Without question a fave of mine.

If an outfit has two HUDS, when the creator has positioned them on the screen NOT overlapping, so you can see them both.

Hair creators that have all the hair colours in the one hair purchase, instead of having to spend 3-10x more for a range of hair colours. Truthfully, I stopped completely supporting and recommending one well known hair creator for that reason.

Same goes for clothing, why can't everyone be Hilly Haalan?

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.