I have to share this

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

They have refunded my money if I didn’t like something and did not ask me to return it. Why? It’s cheaper to keep me happy.

I've had that too, more than once. On one occasion, I'd ordered a laptop battery, but I was sent a bottle of anti-bacterial soap instead. It was the seller who sent it and it was funny. It didn't bother me in the slightest because Amazon covers it anyway. The seller refunded me and told me to keep the soap lol.

• Like 2

Everyone is giving me money!

I started this thread because the 'over and above' refund that I received yesterday from an Amazon seller just added to my view of Amazon, and I wanted to share my view.

A few hours later, I received an email from Sky, saying that a refund has been included in my account. The email said..

"We have credited your account to say sorry for the recent issues you experienced with your Sky Broadband and/or Talk."

But I haven't had any issues with broadband or talk (phone). I use broadband for hours every day, and the phone hasn't been down at all. I looked in my account and the refund is for £95!

What is the world coming to when you can't spend money without them giving some of back to you???

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Another DuckDuckGo user, or maybe..Bing?

E63C76E6-0B71-4B78-8B78-E752EE566F93.jpeg

Sadly, no. Google is the best search engine, so I use that 🙄

It's some of what they do beyond the search engine that makes it a bad company, imo.

Edited by Phil Deakins

3 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

It's some of what they do beyond the search engine that makes it a bad company, imo.

I always tell people use false details when registering.  Google recognises mcmurdo sound as an address.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Coincidentally, I woke up today to an email from Amazon that Prime is going up by £1 a month, starting in September. It doesn't make any difference to me but it would be interesting to have that gift thing explained. I might have a look at it :)

Is it that, taking a 1 year membership now, is charged at the current price?

I just realised that I changed from monthly to annually only a month ago, so I have 11 months left at the current price before the new price is applied, and using the gifting trick won't be any good for me.

2 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

At least we know you're not a "conspiracy theorist", on here they quote DuckDuckGo a lot.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

I just realised that I changed from monthly to annually only a month ago, so I have 11 months left at the current price before the new price is applied, and using the gifting trick won't be any good for me.

Yes it will. Gift yourself a year's Prime membership now, at the low rate...but don't cash in the gift you receive from yourself until just before renewal. The only tricky part is setting yourself a reminder to do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

...it goes from walmart to walmart 54 after 9pm I'm told..

I am not sure what you mean by "walmart 54", but I had occasion to visit my local Walmart late one night. It was an amazing transformation from the daytime Walmart. There were about five times the number of employees you see in the daytime, all running around with pallets of merchandise, restocking the shelves. They were all very friendly and willing to help the few remaining customers, but it was obvious that they were focused on other matters.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Technically, isn't telling us you have "multiple" bidets, "oversharing"?

LOL. I don't think so. Technically, it's telling you that I think that bidets are terrific things :) (not the separate ones though - no idea how people use those).

Oversharing would be describing, in graphic detail, the method of using them :D

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Yes it will. Gift yourself a year's Prime membership now, at the low rate...but don't cash in the gift you receive from yourself until just before renewal. The only tricky part is setting yourself a reminder to do it.

Ooooh! I could continue to have almost 2 years at the current price. I'll have to think about it. I can put a reminder in my calendar and also in Alexa. What I need to think about is whether I want to do it, since Amazon is always so very good to me for some time. I have until sometime in September to decide. But thank you for explaining the method :)

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I am not sure what you mean by "walmart 54", but I had occasion to visit my local Walmart late one night. It was an amazing transformation from the daytime Walmart. There were about five times the number of employees you see in the daytime, all running around with pallets of merchandise, restocking the shelves. They were all very friendly and willing to help the few remaining customers, but it was obvious that they were focused on other matters.

That was a studio 54 reference about the wild pictures that people see on the internet at Walmart..

I don't know if it's on certain nights or not and probably doesn't go on in every Walmart. But I've been told more times than i can count by men and women to never go into Walmart  in our town after 9pm, because the other meat market opens.. They say it's like a free for all in there and everyone's up for grabs.. hehehe

Men hitting on women,  women hitting on men, men hitting on men, women hitting on women, like it was a night club or something.

I think a lot of it has to do with being the only place in town that is open 24 hours a day.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That was a studio 54 reference about the wild pictures that people see on the internet at Walmart..

I don't know if it's on certain nights or not and probably doesn't go on in every Walmart, But I've been told more times than i can count by men and women to never go into Walmart  in our town after 9pm, because the other meat market opens.. They say it's like a free for all in there and everyone's up for grabs.. hehehe

Men hitting on women,  women hitting on men, men hitting on men, women hitting on women, like it was a night club or something.

Darn! I was hoping for disco dancing, etc. Because it would be funny.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

LOL. I don't think so. Technically, it's telling you that I think that bidets are terrific things :) (not the separate ones though - no idea how people use those).

Oversharing would be describing, in graphic detail, the method of using them :D

True, for all I know you're a terrific host and they are just for guests. Not for your own intimate washing-up and the pleasure obtained from thereafter, etc.

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Darn! I was hoping for disco dancing, etc. Because it would be funny.

There might be I don't know.. With phones nowadays  anything is possible. hehehehe

I know just about everyone that works at the Walmart, I'll ask someone if they're playing music and dancing..  hehehehe

3 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

It's simple. When you've done your business, get up and shift over to the bidet bowl. Wash as before.

Well... I know how I use the ones that are part of the toilet, but I can't imagine doing it the same on a separate one, but let's not go into graphic descriptions please lol.

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

True, for all I know you're a terrific host and they are just for guests. Not for your own intimate washing-up and the pleasure obtained from thereafter, etc.

As far as I know, only one visitor has used one in my home. She didn't need it. She was just curious to try it out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

It's simple. When you've done your business, get up and shift over to the bidet bowl. Wash as before.

Seems kind of dangerous hopping around in the bathroom with your clothing around your ankles.  Maybe why most home accidents occur in the bathroom? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.