KYC application

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would open a bank account online or with whatever bank has a lot of branches in your neighborhood. Having a bank account is pretty useful in life. You can get a debit card and a credit card with the bank too. If you pay bills you can use electronic bill pay through the bank or put all your bills on  the credit card and pay off the entire balance every month to avoid fees. This will build up your credit score too. 

• Like 1

welp now im in battle with the very awful support team, trying to get my KYC application canceled until verify the paypal an such, i keep making tickets an they keep closing them saying issue resolved, but low and behold, application is still active.

35 minutes ago, droidleadr said:

welp now im in battle with the very awful support team, trying to get my KYC application canceled until verify the paypal an such, i keep making tickets an they keep closing them saying issue resolved, but low and behold, application is still active.

They were having issues this morning with all cash departments including process.credit.  They may still be implementing fixes.

https://secondlife-status.statuspage.io/

so i finally got them to stop the KYC application, an went to the paypal, the paypal is already verified by ID, ssn, bank and so on. someone earlier said if paypal wasnt verified you had to go through all the checks on here, well it is, so i gotta go through it all again here even though paypal is verified ? 

38 minutes ago, droidleadr said:

the paypal is already verified by ID, ssn, bank and so on. someone earlier said if paypal wasnt verified you had to go through all the checks on here, well it is, so i gotta go through it all again here even though paypal is verified

Yes, you need BOTH PayPal verification, and Tilia ID verification.  Them's the rules.  Complain to your US Congressmen who made them if you don't like them.  Everything you have asked is explained in the Tilia FAQ I added above.

My bank, credit card company, or PayPal has already verified my identity. Why do I need to verify again with Tilia?

As a money services business, Tilia is required to comply with the various state and federal laws regarding money transmission, which require us to collect and verify this information regardless of whether you have provided this information to other financial institutions, such as your credit card company or PayPal.

Edited by Jaylinbridges

35 minutes ago, droidleadr said:

if your unable to get a paypal, it would be pretty unfair not to be able to use someone else's

tell that to the IRS.. "hey it's not mine, my neighbour tranfered 10k to my account" ..

so no, it's not unfair. IF you can't get paypal because it's not available i'm pretty sure TIllia/LL will try to find another way, but you will have to get through to the right one at support. ( not just a forum rant)
IF it is your own not willing to, when it is available, well.. think in that case it's upon you to do all possible things to get a verified paypal account.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, droidleadr said:

well either way i had canceled the  KYC application until i could figure more out, but if your unable to get a paypal, it would be pretty unfair not to be able to use someone else's

Legally since paypal has to collect information on the person that the account belongs too, you can get you and the account owner into trouble.

• Like 1

i can when im born disabled unable to work, so i get less money per month then i need to live on so i have no money to save up, an every bank within an hr drive (which im unable to drive and its hard to get rides living out in middle of nowhere cause its cheapest) requires ether X amount of money in the bank to open an account and or having to keep that account open for so long and or fees if you dont have a certain amount and or fees if you dont spend a little each month. there for creating a system in which im unable to get paypal through my own means. thus not everyone can get paypal, excluding people from possibility of payout.

an if we are speaking of LL support its one of the worst out there, if you go to the support ticket page your not able to customize your own thing, there is a small limited number of options for issues an if yours isnt one of the few options theres no "other" so i came here because this was much more informal then what ever they could or would provide 

...disabled unable to work...

I'm sorry that you're challenged, but this is a defeatist attitude. Surely there is something you can do; after all, you're able to write quite well here. Many profitable endeavors require nothing more than writing.

12 hours ago, droidleadr said:

an every bank within an hr drive (which im unable to drive and its hard to get rides living out in middle of nowhere cause its cheapest) requires ether X amount of money in the bank to open an account and or having to keep that account open for so long and or fees if you dont have a certain amount and or fees if you dont spend a little each month. there for creating a system in which im unable to get paypal through my own means.

Free checking, no minimum balance, no opening fee, free debit card etc here:

https://www.53.com/content/fifth-third/en/personal-banking/bank/checking-accounts/momentum-checking.html

If you arrange direct deposit of your SSI to that account, then you can also get a $375 opening account cash bonus (see offer) by depositing at least $500 within 90 days. 

https://www.53.com/content/fifth-third/en/mkg/checking-offer.html

Your SSI should be much more than that amount.  With that account you could try to use the debit card with Tilia, or use your new bank account to open a pay pal account in your name and verify the account with your bank.  How do you receive your disability income?  That in itself could be adequate ID for Tilia.  As long as you have internet service, there is no reason to use a local bank. Somewhere along the line you are not getting the advice you need given your needs.

If you are not receiving state and federal assistance for your disability, why not?   How are you earning that cash money that you use to pay your bills?

Edited by Jaylinbridges

50 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Free checking, no minimum balance, no opening fee, free debit card etc here:

https://www.53.com/content/fifth-third/en/personal-banking/bank/checking-accounts/momentum-checking.html

If you arrange direct deposit of your SSDI to that account, then you can also get a $375 opening account cash bonus (see offer) by depositing at least $500 within 90 days. 

https://www.53.com/content/fifth-third/en/mkg/checking-offer.html

Your SSDI should be much more than that amount.  With that account you could try to use the debit card with Tilia, or use your new bank account to open a pay pal account in your name and verify the account with your bank.  How do you receive your disability income?  That in itself could be adequate ID for Tilia.  As long as you have internet service, there is no reason to use a local bank. Somewhere along the line you are not getting the advice you need given your needs.

If you are not receiving state and federal assistance for your disability, why not?   How are you earning that cash money that you use to pay your bills?

its not SSDI, SSDI is for people who work then became disabled while working (the minority of disabled), an thats if you earned enough work credits,  but if your born disabled or become so before having work credits your on SSI (the majority of disabled cases), as such ssi only gives you exact funding for bills and rent, you dont have extra after

Edited by droidleadr

as such ssi only gives you exact funding for bills and rent, you dont have extra after

What amount you get depends on your living arrangements, rent, etc - and generally is between $500 and the $841/mo for one individual. Some states also add additional cash benefits.  But you must get paid electronically.  Your monthly SSI is sent to you through direct deposit to your bank checking account, or with a Direct Express® Debit Mastercard®.  You could easily change to a bank direct deposit of your monthly SSI which would solve all your ID and Pay Pal problems.   Getting cash from a Direct Express debit card, which is the only other way you could get your SSI, leaves you with no traceable records.  You can get a bank debit card with direct deposit and do the same thing, and have bank records.

The amount you get does leave you extra cash to spend.  Even if you are in a Nursing Home and all your expenses are paid directly to the home, you get $30 extra/month for personal use.  

https://www.ssa.gov/deposit/#:~:text=There are two ways you,Express® Debit Mastercard®

"Electronic payments As required by law, when you applied for SSI, you should’ve signed up to receive your payments electronically. Direct deposit is a simple, safe, and secure way to receive your benefits. Sign up for direct deposit by contacting your bank for help, or by contacting us. Another option is the Direct Express® card program. With Direct Express® , deposits from federal payments are made directly to the card account. Signing up for the card is quick and easy. Call the toll-free Treasury Electronic Payment Solution Contact Center at 1-800-333-1795. Or, sign up online at www.GoDirect.org. 

SSI, Max recipient here: It certainly doesn't allow for one to live on their own (not easily, area depending) but if you do live with others you can have an arrangement set up wherein you pay your share of the bills (in my case, one quarter). This most certainly can leave you with enough to open an account at most places - assuming that you did not do so upon initially getting on SSI.

As noted above, there are a few banks that have condition free accounts, some are regional. They do exist.

54 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

This most certainly can leave you with enough to open an account at most places - assuming that you did not do so upon initially getting on SSI.

Yes, from what the OP said, living with parents - he should have extra income, assuming he is only paying his fair share of household expenses, that is if his parents are not overcharging him.

And he needs no income or cash at all to open a bank account, and the bank would love to get his direct deposit every month.

SSA gives this example, and as you can see, you are left with extra money each month for other personal expenses of $841 - 400 = $441/ mo in this example. Not much but more than some just getting by.  I wish I had a $441 surplus every month to spend on myself.  No mention of the stimulus money either...

EXAMPLE 😄 If you live in another person’s household and share expenses.  Suppose you live with your brother, and 2 uncles in a home that your brother is buying and your only income is SSI. There are 4 people in the household.  The mortgage payment is $700. The average monthly bills are $200 for electricity, $100 for water and sewer, and $600 for food. The total monthly expenses are $1600. Because there are 4 people in the household, your share of the expenses is $400 per month.  If you pay your full share of $400 for the household expenses there would be no reduction of your benefit and you would get the full $841 in your SSI check.  If you pay less than $400, then you would be receiving in-kind support and maintenance. We would apply the one-third reduction rule and the $841 would be reduced by $280.33, so your SSI benefit would be $560.67.

(Even with more inflation adjusted numbers of $1500 rent/mortgage, and 3 people in the household, his fair share would be $600/mo.  That still leaves $241/mo for other personal expenses.)

Edited by Jaylinbridges

only thats not how it works, the max they can give you is 841$, that does not mean everyone gets the max, they add up your rent and utilities (plus a few other factors) an give you an amount based on what you need, so if your rent and utilities are 400$ they do not give you 841$

47 minutes ago, droidleadr said:

only thats not how it works, the max they can give you is 841$, that does not mean everyone gets the max, they add up your rent and utilities (plus a few other factors) an give you an amount based on what you need, so if your rent and utilities are 400$ they do not give you 841$

I am just quoting from the SSA SSI site, which is correct.  If you have no other income and you are NOT paying your fair share for the household, then they reduce the SSI  to compensate for that.  Your fair share was as stated above - pay that and you get the full $841 allowed, and they assume you are paying what you claim.  If you don't actually pay that amount for household expenses, then who does?  Maybe there is a power of attorney taking care of it for you.  In any case, you have no excuse for not opening a checking account with an online bank.

How do you cash your ssi check without a bank account?  As mentioned, you can easily set up a bank account where your check is electronically deposited.  If it's the same bank your parents use, funds you owe can also be electronically transferred to their account to pay your share of the bills.

If sorry you're having issues processing credit through LL/Tilia but unless you do something suggested by others, you won't be able to take money out of SL.  That's the bottom line.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.