KYC application

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

so when providing information to process credit there was TWO options. 1 was to give your ssn number, 2 was not to give your ssn but other information. i went with 2 which required photo ID, sent that off, now im trying to figure out what i will do for the thing requiring the address on official documentation within the last 90days (fyi im probably screwed on this cause i dont get things like that) but in the same email they ask for that, at the bottom they ask for ssn.... why is there even an option that says you dont need your ssn if they turn around and ask for it anyways?

i thought it was going to be a simple process, had your paypal, bam complete, had i known it was going to be a huge ordeal that requires 10 forms of identification and a ssn, i never would of started the process to begin with, makes me never want to spend money on SL ever again.

Attach a Proof of Address to this Ticket

Please submit a document confirming your current address. Please ensure that the document is dated within the last 90 days, is in color, is not handwritten, and includes your full name and current address. Your name on this document must match the name registered on your PayPal account. Please note that we cannot accept PO boxes. Acceptable documents include the following:

• Utility bill (Dated within the last 90 days)
  • Cell or landline phone bill (Dated within the last 90 days)
  • Motor vehicle registration (Dated within the last 90 days)
  • 401k/Brokerage Statement (Dated within the last 90 days)
  • Copy of Grant Deed on Home or Lease Agreement for Home
  • Bank or credit card statement (Dated within the last 90 days)

1: i pay cash on bills

2: im on the family plan with other ppl, cheaper that way so my name isnt on there

3: i cant drive so dont have motor vehicle registartion

4: LOL

5:i wish i was rich enough for this

6: firstly dont have a bank account, dont have any to save after bills, an i dont receive statements

i never check the mail because i dont get any, how am i suppose to provide information on things like this

it sucks because they asked for ID which has address on it , but it has to be dated with 90 days? an i dont get mail or anything with dates on it like this old fashion style, i do everything electronic online only. i get nothing in paper

Tilia is required by federal law to know who they are dealing with.  If you cannot verify your identity by providing one of the acceptable forms of ID, they cannot send you money.  If they do, they will get in trouble with the feds for not taking steps to prevent money laundering.

You live in the USA?  I think all states will issue you a photo ID card if you don't have a drivers license. How did you get your paypal verified if you don't have a bank account or credit card?  Motor vehicle registration is only if you own the car, so that sounds more like a drivers license, and the DMV also issues ID cards.  They need your original birth certificate or certified copy and proof of your residence, since they trust no one anymore.

Edited by Jaylinbridges

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

If you don't own your home, a copy of a lease agreement for wherever you live is sufficient.  Even though you pay bills in cash, a copy of any utility bill is always available online.

i pay my parents my share of the bills an rent for room, so there is no thing for this.

10 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

You live in the USA?  I think all states will issue you a photo ID card if you don't have a drivers license. How did you get your paypal verified if you don't have a bank account or credit card?  Motor vehicle registration is only if you own the car, so that sounds more like a drivers license, and the DMV also issues ID cards.  They need your original birth certificate or certified copy and proof of your residence, since they trust no one anymore.

like i said, i submitted my ID which has address on it but it wont accept that because they want your ID, an something separate that shows your adress 

Do you have Payment Info On File with paypal?  It must be a verified paypal account, or are you added onto someone else's pp account that is already verified?

And why not give them your SSN number?  Everyone else already has it through credit bureaus - the bar to obtain that information is very low.

Have you tried speaking to SL Tillia support?  They might have other possible ways to confirm your address.

Another way to do balance transfers is to get a trusted family member sign up for SL and go thru the PIOF and balance transter process.  Then send your Lindens to them to cash out.  They might want a DNA sample from you and your parents to confirm that though - This ID crap is getting ridiculous - I assume you are not making millions of dollars in SL.

Edited by Jaylinbridges

2 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Do you have Payment Info On File with paypal?  It must be a verified paypal account, or are you added onto someone else,s pp account that is already verified?

And why not give them your SSN number?  Everyone else already has it through credit bureaus - the bar to obtain that information is very low.

i think when they made the paypal account at the time they made it years ago they didnt need or use a ssn or ID, an they only sent money not receiving money

also also if after doing a ton of running around for hrs an trying really hard an finally coming up with something to send them, am i suppose to reply to the tilia email? cause it says on them email to provide more information to the ticket, but theres no links, an i doesnt say not to reply to email like other sites will do.

1 minute ago, droidleadr said:

i think when they made the paypal account at the time they made it years ago they didnt need or use a ssn or ID, an they only sent money not receiving money

Ah, so it's not a verified PayPal account then.  That would be a second problem.  Basically, you're running up against the same requirements that you'd have if you were trying to open a bank account.  Companies you do business with need to know who you are and how to find you.  And the federal and state tax guys need to know where the company is sending money.

26 minutes ago, droidleadr said:

cause it says on them email to provide more information to the ticket, but theres no links

If you have an open ticket, you can reply to the ticket and add attachments.  If they really want a hard paper copy in color, not something you printed out or a file, then I guess it's snail mail.  But you can not do a balance transfer with paypal unless paypal knows your SSN and you have a bank account verified with paypal.  Or, use a credit card issued by a bank where you have an account.  

With your SSN they can verify your name, address, and age.  

I sometimes do KYC reviews for the company I work for when our verification team falls behind. 

I once had Visa accept a picture of someone holding today's newspaper at their address with the house numbers visible holding their ID, because they lived mostly off-grid and produced their own power via solar. 

If you don't have the requested information, get creative. Have your parents sign a date a rental agreement, for instance. 

• Like 1

If it were that easy to get approved by Tilia with just an ID, what would be the purpose of them even doing checks? It is not their fault that people go through life without being registered anywhere. Most adults have utility bills, phone subscriptions or any other form of registration somewhere that proves they are living and breathing. I understand you have a very particular situation but Tilia is a bank basically. They not only have to keep their customers in mind but also a whole lot of legislation. They are not intentionally making your life hard. You are just a "victim" of your own life choices.

17 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

If you have an open ticket, you can reply to the ticket and add attachments.  If they really want a hard paper copy in color, not something you printed out or a file, then I guess it's snail mail.  But you can not do a balance transfer with paypal unless paypal knows your SSN and you have a bank account verified with paypal.  Or, use a credit card issued by a bank where you have an account.  

With your SSN they can verify your name, address, and age.  

yes but it doesnt say where to access the ticket, or if its just replying to the email, i cant find a ticket page in sl

5 minutes ago, droidleadr said:

yes but it doesnt say where to access the ticket, or if its just replying to the email, i cant find a ticket page in sl

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/home

If you submitted a ticket, you can find it using the orange buttons on the top, and once you find your ticket and their answers, you can reply with additional information.

1 minute ago, Jaylinbridges said:

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/home

If you submitted a ticket, you can find it using the orange buttons on the top, and once you find your ticket and their answers, you can reply with additional information.

i cant access the site right now to show you cause it says its busy, but when going to like account summary, an processes credit it takes you to lil page fill out info, i sent, the sent me an email, i know of the support page you linked, i checked there first, there is no ticket there for it

what I did to get my current state id and it was dumb, because I was born here but had moved away and now moved back after 10 years,   I went to the walgreens instacare and had them just do a vision test, send that to my current address as proof.    but I can see you are slamming up against other issues too, paypal verification will be one of them if I read that correctly.

You have a bigger problem than transferring your money out of SL. You have no financial history. In today's world, that basically means that you're screwed when it comes to practically anything involving money...getting a loan, buying a car, buying a house, getting a credit card.

It takes time to establish a financial history. Plan on 5 to 8 years to really get established. Most people start by opening a combined checking/savings account at a local bank. Stop paying everything with cash. Pay by check. The bank normally will issue you a debit card as well. Pay for things with it. Be darn sure you always have enough money in your account so your debit card works and your checks don't bounce.

After a few months, apply to your bank for an actual credit card. Use it. Don't exceed your credit limit, and always pay off the entire balance every month. Interest charges should ALWAYS be avoided where possible.

Once you have your bank account, open your own PayPal account. Link your bank account to your PayPal using the procedure on their website. (This will solve your SL process credit problem, by the way).

Have you got a job? If not, GET  ONE. If it's a minimum wage job, you probably won't be offered a retirement plan, but if you're in a job that offers one, DO IT. But whatever the job, save 10% of your pay; first, in your savings account and after a year, in your job's retirement plan or your own self-directed retirement account.

Buy a cheap, worn out used car. Pay for most of it up front, but get a loan for some of it. Make regular payments, and in fact, you should pay MORE than your scheduled payment every month.

Get your own cell phone account. I know you save money by mooching on your parents' account, but think of it as part of the cost of establishing your own financial reputation.

Every account you open, every loan you take out, affects that reputation for good or for bad. ALWAYS pay what you owe on time, or early, and your credit score will bring smiles to the faces of flint-hearted bank managers and loan officers.

If you're living with your parents, draw up a rental agreement with them and pay them rent regularly (You don't have to write your own from scratch. Lots of real estate offices will have rental agreement forms and will give you one, or you can download them on line. Make sure they give you receipts for your payment. Put this on a traceable, businesslike basis, as if you were renting an apartment.

The first time you apply for a loan, it's likely someone (a parent, or other relative) will have to co-sign (guarantee) on the loan. NEVER stiff a co-signer and leave them having to pay off your debt. It not only puts a huge dent in the picture of financial responsibility you are trying to build, but that person will be your enemy for life.

They don't teach this stuff in school...but they should. Your life depends (literally!) on your ability to handle money. The better you are at it, the better your life will be.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Actually, yes you can.

Update the Support ticket telling them to just cancel the Process Credit request.

yes but as ive stated in this forum post, its not a ticket, going to support ticket page there is nothing. i started this going to account summary page, then trying to process credit, it said i needed more info so i put more info, then i got an email, it says in the email to update info in the ticket, but i go to support page , logged in on my account, go to tickets, an its empty

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.