How to get rid of blue box that pops up when I click on search bar every time???? Thank YOU! :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

it's on everything though. :o Even if I just click on the box. It wasn't on my old pc, but I got a new one end of may 2022 and it's been there, sisn't there a way to disable it? If I cick it does it and when i find the results it is over the entire first one almost completely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jaide Beck said:

it's on everything though. :o Even if I just click on the box. It wasn't on my old pc, but I got a new one end of may 2022 and it's been there, sisn't there a way to disable it? If I cick it does it and when i find the results it is over the entire first one almost completely.

No way that  know of to disable it.  When the results of a search come up, click anywhere and the blue box closes.

53 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

It's a service feature.
Let us all be grateful.
😁

You don't understand, sir. I have a vision problem, so I need to have my print/screen zoomed in so it covered most or all of the print on there. It's just frustrating to get around for me. Sometimes I hav eto back up my screen zoom and hope it helps. Maybe I could be grateful if I could see it then x it out when i want to, that's all I am asking. I can click on it, but for me it keeps popping up over and over and it is blocking out stuff. WHen pop ups pop up on my pc they keep me from seeing things i need to see, it's a minor perhaps niusience when you have normal sized font/normal vision, but hwen you have poor ish vision... *legally blind* fluctuating vision daily it is very frustrating. :o

16 minutes ago, Jaide Beck said:

You don't understand, sir. I have a vision problem, so I need to have my print/screen zoomed in so it covered most or all of the print on there. It's just frustrating to get around for me. Sometimes I hav eto back up my screen zoom and hope it helps. Maybe I could be grateful if I could see it then x it out when i want to, that's all I am asking. I can click on it, but for me it keeps popping up over and over and it is blocking out stuff. WHen pop ups pop up on my pc they keep me from seeing things i need to see, it's a minor perhaps niusience when you have normal sized font/normal vision, but hwen you have poor ish vision... *legally blind* fluctuating vision daily it is very frustrating. :o

I think Sid was just being silly about it being a service feature.. hehehe

Is there a way you might be able to take a screen shot of your screen and post the image up in a post. It might give us a better idea of what you are looking at and maybe we can help better. :)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think Sid was just being silly about it being a service feature.. hehehe

Is there a way you might be able to take a screen shot of your screen and post the image up in a post. It might give us a better idea of what you are looking at and maybe we can help better. :)

Hi, I did. The first post has a screen shot in it. :)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jaide Beck said:

Hi, I did. The first post has a screen shot in it. :)

Sorry about that, For some reason it looked like something quoted to me, rather than an image.. hehehe

Ya, that's pretty tight.

That little brown patch just above the blue popup and below the search bar, That is clickable and will make the popup go away..

I don't think they have anything we can uncheck to have it stay away.. Hopefully they will give us a box to check or uncheck in the future.

27 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Sorry about that, For some reason it looked like something quoted to me, rather than an image.. hehehe

Ya, that's pretty tight.

That little brown patch just above the blue popup and below the search bar, That is clickable and will make the popup go away..

I don't think they have anything we can uncheck to have it stay away.. Hopefully they will give us a box to check or uncheck in the future.

I hope so because it's annoying to me. Ty.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 11:51 PM, Rowan Amore said:

Type in your search word, move your cursor to the side and click.  Poof, the blue box disappears.

https://gyazo.com/f970712f808283f80862dfbb118474dd

That does not make it less annoying!

In general, Web Page UI design does not usually include "give me the same hint every time, covering the web control until I click".

Maybe LL ran out of cookies, because..you know..bad at maths!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is a URL, which leads to the search page, I think that I found it under debug settings (SearchURL) but you would have to create a new page if you wanted to have a different search engine, I think.

https://search.secondlife.com/ is most likely what your viewer's search points to.

I don't think there is a way to change the behavior of the page itself from within the viewer.

Edited by Istelathis

It's actually more annoying that Web search doesn't always bring up any pertinent results when searching for a specific place or person.  Same search terms used in Firestorm legacy search brings up the exact results.   Yes, the blue box is annoying but they have bigger things that need sorted regarding search.

The only thing I use the web search for is to open the Destination guide.  The rest of their search is kaka, IMO.

• Like 3

On 7/2/2022 at 8:11 AM, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Maybe there’s an XML file it can be edited out of, or a debug setting to disable it. 

Unfortunately the websearch is not part of the viewer, it's an actual website, so no viewer settings or config files on your computer will affect whatever the page wants to show you.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.