Event Regions...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

35 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

What does any of this have to do with the OP and event regions?   Maybe try the viewer sub forums?

Could have something to do with lag and crashing? I'm no expert. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

That last image looks like Belli to me.

It is, I needed a place that I knew was operational for troubleshooting, vs crying about problems. Umm another strange thing I noticed is things render faster when you move your mouse over them very fast.

Edited by Paulsian

1 hour ago, Paulsian said:

It is, I needed a place that I knew was operational for troubleshooting, vs crying about problems. Umm another strange thing I noticed is things render faster when you move your mouse over them very fast.

So, your post doesn't really [doesn't] have anything to do with the event regions. Thank you.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

I think Event regions need to come with 60,000 max prims like the 4 regions the Arboretum uses for SL19B.

More user capacity is one thing, but the same prims as a 30k region at almost 3.5x the price? Come on.

Gimme 100k prims to make me feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

If LL ever offered large regions, like 1024x1024, 2048x2048 and 4096x4096, I wonder what they'd charge for them?

🦾🦿👶?

Ancient Mole didn't even use up all the prims on Arboretum with "only" a 13,000 prim build with lots of plants and textures AND an elevator. I would think putting real elevators in a sim that you intend to put 60 avatars on or more is a recipe for disaster. Still, it's highly cool and I believe this is the finest build in the Metaverse.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 9:05 AM, Jenna Huntsman said:

LL have mentioned that in their testing, it was found the existing setups events use (i.e. a single main region with a few satellite (cam) regions) is actually worse for performance vs having all the avatars in a single region on a higher powered machine.

Scripts are a weird one that is harder to quantify, as it relies on, among other things:

• the region's available script time (Event regions have more script time available, due to being allocated more resources)
  • execution time of a given script (the higher this is, the worse the vendor will jam up as it falls behind relative to the demand - this (I believe) is consistent between regular regions and event regions,  and can only be tweaked by optimizations from the script's creator).
  • amount of avatars entering the region (as the region will stall for a short moment while an avatar's data is retrieved)

(also, during the SLB opening the regions were handling in the area of ~400 avatars!)

Is this caused by people banging on the sim crossings despite signs telling them not to do that?

• Moles
1 hour ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Ancient Mole didn't even use up all the prims on Arboretum with "only" a 13,000 prim build with lots of plants and textures AND an elevator. I would think putting real elevators in a sim that you intend to put 60 avatars on or more is a recipe for disaster. Still, it's highly cool and I believe this is the finest build in the Metaverse.

Thank you, Prok, and thank you on @Ancient Mole's behalf too. I have been pleased and only mildly surprised by how well those elevators have worked out. I have been testing them frequently during SLB to see how they are holding up during busy times. As far as I can see, they have negligible impact on the region's performance. I suspect -- but can't prove -- that the elevators add less load on the servers than teleporting the same number of avatars between the upper and lower levels. They were fun to script.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I just went to SLB Exhilarate which is using over 50k of the 60k max prims.

Portal Park is another example, but with 36k prims used out of the 45k max.

I think the Moles should have to work with the same limits as the rest of us. 😤

It's sort of unfair that we can't also increase our region's prim max to whatever it takes to facilitate extravagant builds.

It could also be misleading to those who see such builds, want to purchase a region with the idea of setting up their own concept only to have their dreams shattered when they find out 20k or even 30k max prims isn't going to cut it.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

i thought these were the new event regions, which we can get for our own events

8 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

It's sort of unfair that we can't also increase our region's prim max to whatever it takes to facilitate extravagant builds.

It could also be misleading to those who see such builds, want to purchase a region with the idea of setting up their own concept only to have their dreams shattered when they find out 20k or even 30k max prims isn't going to cut it.

I think there are very few people whose dreams are shattered because they can't build over 20,000 prims. I find most tenants never use all their prims and some very impressive themed communities in SL also don't use all their prims. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mollymews said:

i thought these were the new event regions, which we can get for our own events

1 hour ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I think there are very few people whose dreams are shattered because they can't build over 20,000 prims. I find most tenants never use all their prims and some very impressive themed communities in SL also don't use all their prims. 

LL advertises Event Regions as allowing 30k prims max, even suggesting over 20k can create affect performance.

Why should LL fail to follow their own suggestion, even extending the prim allowance far above what everyone else gets and no one be allowed to complain?

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 3

Just now, Lucia Nightfire said:

How was I supposed to know "test" meant "lag the hell out of it"? 🙄

Ohhh I got something a bit better.  did it on the crash me sims and brought those down instantly each and every time until they patched it,  so wanted to see if these would do the same lol.

1 hour ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

Ohhh I got something a bit better.  did it on the crash me sims and brought those down instantly each and every time until they patched it,  so wanted to see if these would do the same lol.

Why would it not be patched on an event region?

1 minute ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Why would it not be patched on an event region?

I'm not sure either, I want to see,  since I know what the problem was before on the physical hosts,  I'm wondering about this aws hosting setup they have it on.  since nobody wants me to go play on their sim like I am going to do lol.  so figured ask the lindens.

1 hour ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I'm not sure either, I want to see,  since I know what the problem was before on the physical hosts,  I'm wondering about this aws hosting setup they have it on.  since nobody wants me to go play on their sim like I am going to do lol.  so figured ask the lindens.

IDT anyone is going to greenlight that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.