Following Followers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I follow a few people, but only today thought to check "Hey, who follows me?"  A few of them, I decided to "follow back".

Do many of you also follow people, who in turn follow you - or follow people because they follow you?

7ce00b75e6dfc0799b98468261dcdb54.jpg.aaad249206cc20e051f6fa823ff6cdbc.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think it's only creepy if the following is one-way! 🙂

I turned the function off here in the forums and on the website.  I also get a lot of people adding/following me on Flickr.  There, I do add some but if it's just a blogger looking for more followers or someone who only posts sideways pictures, I don't add them.  

In the forums, I'll follow a thread rather than a person.

• Thanks 1

We can follow people?  People can follow us?  I doubt I have any followers, but if I do, *waves*.

I follow threads I've commented on automatically and sometimes I'll follow a thread because I'm interested in it, but I promptly uncheck allowing other to see that I follow a thread.

If I have followers, do they expect me to follow back?  How would I know?

/me runs off to check her privacy settings

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I'm no preacher, so I'm not seeking any followers.
And I'm not religious so I don't follow any either.

I read the threads that I'm interested in and when I read them, I will see what everybody writes about the subject.
What people write in threads that I don't care about?  To be honest, I couldn't care less.

• Like 2

I don't even know where they would be listed.. I don't really pay much attention to a lot of features in the forums unless they are in the bar above where I am typing a post..

I hardly ever go to my profile.. I think the last time I did was to change my forum avatar and that's pretty old .. hehehehe

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I don't even know where they would be listed.. I don't really pay much attention to a lot of features in the forums unless they are in the bar above where I am typing a post..

I hardly ever go to my profile.. I think the last time I did was to change my forum avatar and that's pretty old .. hehehehe

It is listed on your forum profile page.I will follow posts,I love reading the questions,opinions and answers.I don't follow people and I don't think I have ever been followed.I would only follow so I could sneak up and say Boo!🥸

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The last time someone brought up following, I tried out the following feature and I guess my settings are such that following a person has zero impact for me.  I don't see any notifications about the people I followed so I don't know why I bothered to follow.  I guess it just makes me declare myself as a fan. 

So I am clueless about following.  I'm sure I must be missing something but I don't know what.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

The last time someone brought up following, I tried out the following feature and I guess my settings are such that following a person has zero impact for me.  I don't see any notifications about the people I followed so I don't know why I bothered to follow.  I guess it just makes me declare myself as a fan. 

So I am clueless about following.  I'm sure I must be missing something but I don't know what.

Perhaps the people you followed no longer post on the forum. 
*Edit* Or, check your notification settings.

10CB71B2-19AB-4A9A-8756-96EACCFC2A50.jpeg

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2022 at 12:13 PM, Rowan Amore said:

I turned the function off here in the forums and on the website.  I also get a lot of people adding/following me on Flickr.  There, I do add some but if it's just a blogger looking for more followers or someone who only posts sideways pictures, I don't add them.  

In the forums, I'll follow a thread rather than a person.

Ironically, I forgot you posted this and got confused just now when I couldn't figure out how to follow you!

• Haha 1

On 5/19/2022 at 9:05 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

I think it's only creepy if the following is one-way! 🙂

It's creepy when it's people you've never talked to or even met follow you. What on earth for? 🤔

I turned mine off because the only people following me were people I have never seen before and I'm pretty sure one of them was doing it to keep tabs on me. Yeah, no. I've been stalked in RL; you're not doing it to me here that easily.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.