Oh hell yes! -- Pet Delights!

My new pet delight for today is adjustable plans, lmao. Most of my winter and winter adjacent lesson plans are really flexible, because it's winter and winter does what winter wants to do.

We have a snow day here, no school. It's a bit more than blustery, roads are grim looking still. There's only a toe over a foot of snow, but it's not yet finished. It's usually the temps and road conditions that determine closures here though, not snowfall. It's a good day to be inside with warm stuff.

• Like 4

I might be being a little premature here, but my pet delight is that I received a phone call this afternoon to say the new doors I ordered for my brother's house are finally ready (after 6 weeks of waiting) and can be installed tomorrow. This may sound ridiculous to those who have always had decent doors, but this is going to be life changing and could not be timed better, as tomorrow is the last sunny weather day before sleet and snow are forecast for Thursday, and minus temperatures thereafter.

This winter will be just a little bit cosier. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 6

A couple Delights;

It's winter!

Its cold! Those two things aren't mutually exclusive down here, so when it happens, it's great. It's finally cooled down; and it's perfect to snuggle under a giant blanket. You wont sweat to death finally.

People are nice!

I got a lovely compliment in an RP sim just yesterday; "I love how you make your characters not conventionally attractive. They seem like real people." THAT'S SO SWEET! I was so grateful, I gushed to them, we chatted, it was so nice for someone to see my style of making avatars and go "Hey, cool!"

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 11/28/2023 at 7:16 PM, Marigold Devin said:

I might be being a little premature here, but my pet delight is that I received a phone call this afternoon to say the new doors I ordered for my brother's house are finally ready (after 6 weeks of waiting) and can be installed tomorrow. This may sound ridiculous to those who have always had decent doors, but this is going to be life changing and could not be timed better, as tomorrow is the last sunny weather day before sleet and snow are forecast for Thursday, and minus temperatures thereafter.

This winter will be just a little bit cosier. 

I wasn't being premature. The new doors are absolutely life-changing, double-glazed, draught-proofed, more secure, but easier for my disabled brother to handle so will help him maintain some independence, and in a calm beautiful porcelain blue colour, instead of the aggressive in-your-face red that used to put me into an instant bad mood whenever I returned to his house. 

Win win

win win win :D 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:
5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Total Delight:  honesty, no matter the consequences.

Delightfully surprising: Not caring how your words impact others.

Hmmm...well I wouldn't go so far as to say I did not care how my words would impact another, as I care (in my specific case I'm thinking of)... rather, if the honesty needs to be there for the best outcome despite some suffering on their part (or mine)...that's just the way it's got to be.

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I have some m-word on my table right now, just keep putting off eating it. Go figure.

Don't let them pressure you into eating it! :o Just throw it in the bin, and replace it with something that doesn't taste of mud and salt :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Don't let them pressure you into eating it! :o Just throw it in the bin, and replace it with something that doesn't taste of mud and salt :)

That just gave me a "brilliant" idea! Since I'm vegetarian now, I can't have anchovies on pizza anymore. I can use m-word to simulate the salty, muddy taste of anchovies! Thank you!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

That just gave me a "brilliant" idea! Since I'm vegetarian now, I can't have anchovies on pizza anymore. I can use m-word to simulate the salty, muddy taste of anchovies! Thank you!!

So I have helped create a monster...don't thank me, Italy will never forgive you... :/

5 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

My kids were raised on it

Well, I think they must genuinely like it...because if you tried to raise me on it, the 10,000th slice of marmite on toast would taste just as awful as the first 🤢🤮

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Congrats to Rat Luv!!

Now that we seem to have finished with snow and Marmite, here are three actual RL "pet" delights in my life.  First is my "helper" cat, Mo, who has been perusing photos of my Blake Sea parcel:

MoHelping.jpg.52d768103dccfa773af951a43ca3d0c5.jpg

Then a charming poodle who comes to our church and is known to all as Pastor Piper; she is always dressed to the nines in seasonal garb and hunting snacks:

PastorPiper.jpg.03dc72329fa1ef67e4c6c7daaef72fd4.jpg

and finally, since I can't bear the thought of actual fish confined to a tank, my daughter set up a virtual tank for us to enjoy real fish in the sea (with music!):

FishTank.jpg.b4196b1d44b82104b02b9b0014965dba.jpg

• Like 7

On 12/2/2023 at 1:43 PM, Rat Luv said:

My late dad used to say Marmite tasted like bad ears! 

On 12/3/2023 at 4:57 PM, Rat Luv said:

I won £75 on the December Premium Bonds 🥳

Lovely. Congratulations! :D🍀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This thread should always be at the top! The world needs more warm fuzzies and delights.

Some more of this week's pet delights, let me see here.

I got a bunch of new supplies for my room, including some much needed art supplies, new manipulatives, some organizing things we need badly, a few games.  I also got a new box of really awesome books like The Juice Box Bully, Enemy Pie, The Squirrels who Squabbled, Caterpillar Summer,  We all Belong, The Big Umbrella, Each Kindness, a new copy of The Giving Tree (I believe mine was involuntarily rehomed), How to Heal a Broken Wing, oh my a whole bunch of books. I think it's around 25 or 30, I honestly don't remember. I'm looking forward to using them this year and all the years to come.

I had chili in my slow cooker all day while I was working and it was finished before I even got home. Nothing beats a good bowl of chili and some yummy warm cornbread on a cold day. Now I can freeze at least half of it for another day.

I got the rest of my inside Christmas decorations up, all my Christmas cards printed out and got them in the mail before I left this morning. Got my car loaded up with my might not be necessary but also might winter gear, because you never know! 

Oh I got the cutest Christmas card I've ever seen from a really good friend. It's a picture of their son, bless his sweet little chonky self, he finally figured out how to sit on his own and he just looks like a busted can of biscuits, lmao.

What else, let's see, it's been a pretty good week. I haven't really logged in lately, but I've been a bit busy. I plan to log in at some point and get my sl Christmas decor in full swing too. That will be a delight when I get around to it.

My basketball team won their first game. It's just a recreation type league but they're having fun and that's what matters. I wasn't supposed to coach but their coach can't this year, so, this is a new adventure.

That's all I can think of for now, I'll be back with more. When I come back I want to see more delights, I know you have them! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1