Oh hell yes! -- Pet Delights!

Had to look to page 2 to find this thread. ☹️

Delight: it's Unblocking Day!  Everyone inworld and in the forums gets removed from the block/ignore lists.  

The number is in the single digits, but still... I was supposed to remember on the 1st.

It's very rare when I think someone's posting isn't worth the time it takes to read it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Pet Delight: I've been creating "test cases" for my big project, and so far most of the tests are going as expected!

This means, I didn't break anything too terribly since I last tested each feature.  Either way, glad I'm finally creating "test cases", so I can just go run them again when needed.

• Like 1

@Phil Deakins is not one that normally invokes laughter in me, but this post, in a thread that I now cannot comment on, just cracked me up for some reason.  Since I cannot comment there, and it really did make me laugh out loud, I decided it was a Pet Delight:

image.thumb.png.8e29683f14f90668eea888c327d5733f.png

Direct link in case the pic is too small:

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I went to my credit union/bank to resolve a fee and they refunded me. They also gave me an insulated shopping bag, a travel cup, and a cookie. (There was popcorn & other little gifties there too, since they were having an open house.) 😀

I never thought my credit union would ever be a pet delight but you made me realize that today it was!  My debit card got buggered a month ago so I have had the joy of integrating the new replacement card in soooooo many places.  Last night I dashed out to an ATM for cash, only to find my new card declined!!  I was fuming till I called the bank this morning.  Turns out it was their attempt to keep me safe by flagging a large purchase at a local restaurant.  Once I assured them it was a legit charge, they lifted the block on my card so now I don't have to go through the whole replacement process again.  Yaaaaa!!

• Like 3

Did my first night drive lesson last night :) I was a bit nervous before, as people told me it's really different to driving in day...but I loved it ❤️ It just means more things to learn and do, like taking off your full beam lights (full bright? :o) when you see another car coming...something a few drivers didn't do for me! 9_9🙈 Really hope I pass next month, feels like I've been doing these lessons forever...

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Rat Luv said:

Did my first night drive lesson last night :) I was a bit nervous before, as people told me it's really different to driving in day...but I loved it ❤️ It just means more things to learn and do, like taking off your full beam lights (full bright? :o) when you see another car coming...something a few drivers didn't do for me! 9_9🙈 Really hope I pass next month, feels like I've been doing these lessons forever...

You sound as if you will be just fine.  The best thing you can do to practice is just to be out there in every condition of road available and really thinking about what skills are needed in each condition.  Good luck!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Great news!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

You sound as if you will be just fine.  The best thing you can do to practice is just to be out there in every condition of road available and really thinking about what skills are needed in each condition.  Good luck!

Thanks! 🤩 Yes, trying to get as many lessons in (from two instructors now) as I can before the big day! 

ETA - maybe this should go in Peeves, but until I started driving lessons...I never realised just how many people walk out into the road without looking o.O

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 5

It's sunny out today, it's only 46 and pretty windy, but it's sunny. I went wandering earlier and found a family of minks and some very young snappers, so cute. Derp found some more golf balls and one tennis ball to add to the collection. We're gonna need a bigger tote.

We only have two days of school this week. I fully intend to not use my long weekend wisely. 

I have a whole bunch of caramel apple bites in the oven and it smells amazing. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 11/24/2023 at 12:13 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

Pet Delight: Cinnamon's new "right size" harness came, and now she wants to take longer and longer walks.

IMG_2439.jpeg

Awwww. TIL, "pet envy" is a thing 😅 I can't have one at this time for different reasons, but someday I will again (or so I hope)!

___ 

RL pet delight of the day: When a Starbucks barista asks for your name but then actually remembers it from last time, before you answer. Idc if because I made an impression, or if they just happen to have a phenomenal memory (I tried to memorize the name on their name tag then, and failed :( but I'm at least double their age if not more, so that's my consolation), it still was delightful. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

Annual tipple of choice (Baileys Irish Cream) on a good (better than half price) offer from one of the major supermarkets.

*Hic*

(I don't drink ... but ... one little glass won't hurt ... bottoms up! *hic*)

Is it the Baileys Colada? I saw that yesterday and was tempted...but am a bit scared, lol. They did a Chocolate Luxe one during the lockdowns which was so lush :P but pricey!

I'm drinking rum and coke...🥂

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Is it the Baileys Colada? I saw that yesterday and was tempted...but am a bit scared, lol. They did a Chocolate Luxe one during the lockdowns which was so lush :P but pricey!

I'm drinking rum and coke...🥂

Ooooo I fancy a fancier Baileys. It's just the plain one, but very nice. 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

Pet delights for this week

We got snow, I like the snow and so does derp. We'll get a lot more tonight and probably through Wednesday too.

It's super cold and windy right now, about 18 degrees, and my furnace is doing its job. Look at me putting my newly gained skill of fixing a furnace to work. I like when things do what they're supposed to do. 

I'll be able to get some very much needed supplies for my classroom soon and replenish what we've already torn through. Who knew first graders were the human equivalent of the Tasmanian devil with supplies? Oh, I know who knew, I did. Except, I miscalculated somewhere along the way, and we've used double what I planned for including extras. That's a total me fail, but we had fun doing it, while learning, and that's what counts.  I've only been doing this for 4 years. I figure I have a good 30 or so years before I'm done experimenting with what works and what doesn't, by then I'll be a pro at it. Until then, the pet delight is that we'll have replenished supplies. Also I've found some new things and ideas to incorporate this year. Hopes and dreams they all pan out nicely, I believe they will.

Tomorrow we're making pomanders, but they aren't going home until Thursday so the classroom is going to smell amazing for a few days. I had to grab the rest of the supplies for that earlier. My fridge looks like I robbed a citrus stand. We're making butter and will be baking our little friendship loaves on Thursday to go with it. We'll make the dough Wednesday so it's ready by morning. Next week, it's stone soup, except in the end we make actual soup, lmao. We're just doing all the things, and I love it!

• Like 6