Oh hell yes! -- Pet Delights!

Pet Delight:

SL scripting progress for high-level parsing and program control is off the charts:

- Memory management via..

- Scope and Schema management for..

- Code and data separation, segmentation, object instance of..

- Classes with optional single or multiple inheritance..

Finally, once these bits are "done" I can make it DO something! Besides all the stuff it already does, I mean example programs like games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Pet Delight:

SL scripting progress for high-level parsing and program control is off the charts:

Finally, once these bits are "done" I can make it DO something! Besides all the stuff it already does, I mean example programs like games.

I only hear Charlie Brown's phone conversations when I read something like this. 

/me nods her head knowingly and makes remarks like "yeah,  uh huh,  I know what you mean, good job" in an encouraging manner.

I'm glad you are almost to the part of making something DO something even though I don't know what that something is.

EtA: the forums are chock full of lovely intelligent humor in several threads today.  I am smiling just reading it.  I hope none of it gets nuked for being off topic.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2022 at 3:46 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Pet Delight:

IT...IS...ALIIIIIVE!!!!!

2000?cb=20181110205930&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=bc8e8a27615fcc5d3d6cbbad845271b09713a7a20887db1ef5cba8e0eeebf849&ipo=images

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Major Delight Bomb, just saying, wear your flak vests for this one.

Seeing people join SL, come to the forums and use them the way we're told we can, to find new friends to hang out with inworld, and ask for help and stuff, persist and persevere through the gauntlet of social gatekeeping and quitterist thoughts that we've all been through (and possibly even guilty of) at some point, and succeed at making a happy start in our community.

I'm not embarrassed in the least to say that this makes me go all giggly-happy inside.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

Major Delight Bomb, just saying, wear your flak vests for this one.

Seeing people join SL, come to the forums and use them the way we're told we can, to find new friends to hang out with inworld, and ask for help and stuff, persist and persevere through the gauntlet of social gatekeeping and quitterist thoughts that we've all been through (and possibly even guilty of) at some point, and succeed at making a happy start in our community.

I'm not embarrassed in the least to say that this makes me go all giggly-happy inside.

You'd make a great friend! 

I mean, if you ever wanna..

IJS!

❤️ 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

IT...IS...ALIIIIIVE!!!!!

2000?cb=20181110205930&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=bc8e8a27615fcc5d3d6cbbad845271b09713a7a20887db1ef5cba8e0eeebf849&ipo=images

You get me! You really, really, get me!

I decided one next proof-of-concept test will be a "Reverse guessing-game", where I have the program guess a number.  Then, using a few different initial algorithms, let the program try to refine its guessing strategy based on success rates.  (Using some "classes with inheritance". )

AI-ish.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You'd make a great friend! 

I mean, if you ever wanna..

IJS!

❤️

We already are, we just haven't met inworld yet.

We've been cool since back when I was Berksey. ^-^

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My washer machine decided to die on me, as it would no longer drain the water.  Looking over my options, due to the price of new washers, and the inflated costs of refurbished ones from reputable businesses in the area I was left with only one;  I had to fix it myself.  One of the repair men informed me of what it most likely was, a coupler that connects to the drain mechanism so I went with that information.  

I had to take apart the washer machine, remove the motor and plastic drain thingy, and the coupler looked fine.  I was a bit sad at that, because I then thought it was due to the motor.  I did notice that the gasket thing that is part of the coupler was on the ground though, so somehow it must have been dislodged I just wasn't sure if that was before I took it apart or put it back together.  Anywho, after I put it all back together with more effort than it should have taken, the washer started to work again but then stopped working when it was time to drain.

The thing is.. it was a simple solution.  It was the dial I think, due to age I imagine parts of it have oxidized - after I put it back together I noticed the same issues with the washer, my solution was using my usual tactic of poking and prodding, spinning and pushing buttons it started working again 🤣  

My pet delight is that I nearly completely took my washer apart and somehow it still works, plus I had no left over screws, so that is a bonus!  Plus I saved $375 USD by not giving in and just buying a used washer machine that was probably 10 years old.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@Istelathis, will you come and fix my refrigerator? Its compressor has become noisy after I forced it to run continuously for 8 hours. (This wasn't a deliberate stress test. I opened the freezer door to fix a jam in the ice dispenser, and left it open when an emergency occurred that resulted in my leaving the house unexpectedly. I forgot I left the freezer door open.)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

@Istelathis, will you come and fix my refrigerator? Its compressor has become noisy after I forced it to run continuously for 8 hours. (This wasn't a deliberate stress test. I opened the freezer door to fix a jam in the ice dispenser, and left it open when an emergency occurred that resulted in my leaving the house unexpectedly. I forgot I left the freezer door open.)

Have you tried  poking, prodding, spinning and pushing buttons?  That seems to work most often for me :D 

Super Duper Delight Droppin' Time up in here, hold on, this is a huuuuuge one~!

I  haven't been this delighted in ages. Seeing people from the forums on my home sim, and seeing how many people can cram themselves into a party, and meeting one of my SL artist gods and getting to hang out with him, and getting to dance to FOUR of the funnest DJs with the coolest music I never get to hear in SL otherwise... I just don't know what to do with myself now.

Traditionally, for personal reasons, Hallowe'en has been a really crummy time of year for me for a very long time (despite my love of the holiday), a time when everyone is having fun but me, and I can't even tell people why I'm sad, because nobody likes a sad person when they're trying to have fun.

Helping put on the Hallowe'en events on my home sim has transformed Hallowe'en back into a fun thing for me. I can't wait to see what happens over the rest of the weekend. ^-^

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Istelathis said:

Have you tried  poking, prodding, spinning and pushing buttons?  That seems to work most often for me :D 

That's my usual procedure too. But this doggone appliance is so smart that it doesn't have any buttons.

Well, a hidden on/off switch, but cycling that didn't help.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Ags Falconer said:

Pet delight:

I took 11 years off from SL and when I came back, all my stuff was still here!! I am seriously impressed at the Linden's choice to preserve a non-paying, non-active resident's stuff to that degree. I think that is uncommon. 

Pet delight, I am happy to hear this, Ags. There was some discussion on deleting unused avatars after x amount of time back in the day. I thought, how mean, what if I went into a coma or was hospitalized or off grid or traveling or anything. To have my avatar deleted would have hurt me very very very very very very much plus infinity much. So, glad LL kept you around.

• Like 7

On 10/22/2022 at 6:56 PM, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I only hear Charlie Brown's phone conversations when I read something like this. 

/me nods her head knowingly and makes remarks like "yeah,  uh huh,  I know what you mean, good job" in an encouraging manner.

I'm glad you are almost to the part of making something DO something even though I don't know what that something is.

EtA: the forums are chock full of lovely intelligent humor in several threads today.  I am smiling just reading it.  I hope none of it gets nuked for being off topic.

Probably some text-based games at first! Then visual HUD-based games, Rezzed-object games, etc. 

• Thanks 1