So I went shopping for a basic tied back hairstyle...

Charalyne Blackwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, SkylarNitely96 said:

hey Nalates! thank you :) but when i paste a url into the insert image box, it turns pink(ish) and nothing happens - I'm beginning to think I'm really silly lol

https://my.secondlife.com/skylarnitely96/snapshots/621510fb29c4927e583b2e6a

You pasted a link to a page from the address bar. A link to an image looks like

https://my-secondlife-agni.akamaized.net/users/61f9a465543682274b92b8e8/snapshots/web_621510fb29c4927e583b2e6a.jpg 

Notice it ends in .JPG.

web_621510fb29c4927e583b2e6a.jpg

You don't need to use Insert Image. Right-click and select Copy Image Link/URL - it depends on which browser you use as to what the words actually are. Then just Ctrl-V paste it in. The forum will retrieve the image in a couple of seconds. So, you know immediately if it works.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

There is some sort of time /post requirement when you're new on the forums.  No one knows how long or how many posts before you can upload.  Keep trying!

I couldn't the other day, but I can now, though when I add a random internet photo (like the taco 2sday response) I need to use the image link from the web search as it still refuses to let me post a direct link from my Flickr.

The forums here have restrictions which are really weird, but with some of the things I've seen show up at 3am while no moderators seem to be on it makes sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NanashiNyx said:

I couldn't the other day, but I can now, though when I add a random internet photo (like the taco 2sday response) I need to use the image link from the web search as it still refuses to let me post a direct link from my Flickr.

The forums here have restrictions which are really weird, but with some of the things I've seen show up at 3am while no moderators seem to be on it makes sense.

Are your pictures marked as Safe on Flickr?   Do you use the link you get with the right facing arrow at the bottom of your pic and the Share option?

20 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Are your pictures marked as Safe on Flickr?   Do you use the link you get with the right facing arrow at the bottom of your pic and the Share option?

I'm marked as mixed, but the photos I've tried to share are all marked safe, so maybe it's the account having potentially "adult" content that blocks it being shared even though the photo itself is listed as being all-ages?

And, yes, I use the actual share function to get the direct link to put in elsewhere. Tried the image link, HTML, and BB Code. Neither type of code seems to render in the forums here, and the link doesn't drop a photo in the post when added to the url pop-up from the button at the bottom here.

23 minutes ago, NanashiNyx said:

I'm marked as mixed, but the photos I've tried to share are all marked safe, so maybe it's the account having potentially "adult" content that blocks it being shared even though the photo itself is listed as being all-ages?

And, yes, I use the actual share function to get the direct link to put in elsewhere. Tried the image link, HTML, and BB Code. Neither type of code seems to render in the forums here, and the link doesn't drop a photo in the post when added to the url pop-up from the button at the bottom here.

I've found I sometimes need to refresh this page when it only posts the link and not the picture usually giving me.some kind of warning as to why it didnt post.  After I refresh and post again, it shows up.  

25 minutes ago, Gilgamesh Alpha said:

I tried looking for short women's hairstyles for my alt, who is a human. I couldn't really find anything that I was looking for but I think I wasn't looking hard enough.

Speaking as someone in the same boat, depending on the style you want, you may have more luck looking at unisex or even men's styles. Dura has a good range of unisex styles - I got a super cute faux-undercut that's become my day-to-day hair from them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sailorcipher said:

Speaking as someone in the same boat, depending on the style you want, you may have more luck looking at unisex or even men's styles. Dura has a good range of unisex styles - I got a super cute faux-undercut that's become my day-to-day hair from them.

Thanks!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gilgamesh Alpha said:

I tried looking for short women's hairstyles for my alt, who is a human. I couldn't really find anything that I was looking for but I think I wasn't looking hard enough.

Do you need really short like an inch and shaved on the sides? Or can it be past the ears and down to the collar?

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Tram has some short hair, but not super short, the word to describe it is maybe K-pop boy?

tram (moca loup)

Tram is a good choice for short hair. They currently have a whole wall with over 50 older unrigged and sculpted hair for free. Those whose name begins with F come with a resize and color hud. Those whose name begins with the letter A to E come in different colors but don't have any resize script. However they are modify so that you could either resize them manually or add a resize script to make them resizable. You can also join their group for free to get 5 additional gifts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 2/21/2022 at 10:11 PM, Charalyne Blackwood said:

Step 1. SL Marketplace. Awesome, vendors at my fingertips. Avatar Accessories>Hair. Boom. Simple. No, wait. Men's hair? Nah. Unisex? Not really. I want a ponytail. Simple and basic, right? *buzzer buzzes* Flexi, long, updo, short, other. I'd think updo, *click* Oooh almost 16,000 to choose from. Princess Leia buns, spikes, brooms, paint brushes, mohawks.

Step 2. Inworld stores. TP in. Hey, this is a real estate office. TP to the next stop. It's huge! Like a hangar for a 747. 962 styles on ONE WALL, in no apparent order or grouping of styles. Yeesh. TP to the next stop. Lots of demos! Awesome, I like this one. *clicks all over the sales board and ends up with 14 demos of the same style because there's NO OPTION to actually purchase the style* TP to the next stop. Oh look, hair by Picasso! Rainbow colors, blocks, torii, skyscrapers, is that a border collie?? Does anyone make a decent plain ponytail? TP to the next stop. 157 vendor boards with 3 styles each, only on one side.

Step 3. Looking through my existing inventory, maybe I'll just make do (no pun intended) with what I have. Or just go bald. Or wear my tiger avatar and say f*ck it.

The SL Marketplace seems to have a lot of dead vendors, or store links that aren't stores anymore. Am I the only one who thinks the shopping experience could stand to be remade with some updates and streamlining, or better guides for making an effective store?

(rant over, please resume your normal posting)

Merchants are going marketplace so they can cash in without putting money back into SL it’s sad. 

Plus on market place there are a lot of bots selling ripped off items. 

the whole search algorithm need to be fixed in world and on MP 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LittleSparrow Skydancer said:

Merchants are going marketplace so they can cash in without putting money back into SL it’s sad.

False since all marketplace sales are subjected to a 10% provision. So merchants who only have a marketplace store do contribute to SL through that provision.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EmmaAsht0n said:

False since all marketplace sales are subjected to a 10% provision. So merchants who only have a marketplace store do contribute to SL through that provision.

The fees paid support listing fees and fees associated with the marketplace and e commerce upkeep and operations much like eBay and such. Itself can operate without being in world. So thinking that the 10% is used in world is a reach. 

On 2/22/2022 at 4:11 AM, Charalyne Blackwood said:

. Am I the only one who thinks the shopping experience could stand to be remade with some updates and streamlining, or better guides for making an effective store?

Nah, even us guys think that. Whether shopping for clothes, bulding stuff , vehicles or all that manly stuff we do.... Chainsaws and beards.

You ladies should wear ponytails more, btw. OK, I'll stop perving now... Sorta promise :)

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, HeathcliffMontague said:

Nah, even us guys think that. Whether shopping for clothes, bulding stuff , vehicles or all that manly stuff we do.... Chainsaws and beards.

You ladies should wear ponytails more, btw. OK, I'll stop perving now... Sorta promise :)

Given the nature of so many images that I've posted here, I'd hope you perve some!

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 5:20 AM, Gilgamesh Alpha said:

Exile's mens range are my favourite for short styles.  I rarely go short but my alt does; this is the Julian style from Exile.

51788652834_960bb89b39_b.jpg 

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.