Question about this shape-

Llamau

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have the Maitreya body, and a friend told me that even though it's not for my body the face would still work. Is that true?? Also would the body fit somewhat since the description says almost all mesh bodies- I only have 640L left so I don't wanna spend it on something I am unsure on you know? 

Edit: YES I have the head. Not sure why I would post about a Kaya 3.1 shape without having the head at least. No there's no demo sadly, either. :((

Screenshot-20220127-100336-Samsung-Inter

Edited by Llamau

If you are using the Lelutka Kaya mesh head, then this shape should give you the same results you see in the picture as long as you use the same head skin in the picture.

The "Style Card" will list all the skins, hair and accessories the shape maker used so you can recreate the look in the photo.

The shape is sold with mod rights, so you will be able to adjust the body sliders to better work with your Maitreya body.

Edited by Orion Pastorelli

The face should work. But why will you buy something you can not demo? Especially since you have so little money left. I would not risk it.

And the shape is made for bodies that is very different from Maitreya. I have no idea how it will look. With a demo, it would be easy to see. But since it is no demo, I recommend you to not buy.

I do not trust the reviews either. They have used the shape with one of the bodies recommended for it, and can not say how it will be with Maitreya. It is also 3 reviews the same day... a bit odd.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Orion Pastorelli said:

If you are using the Lelutka Kaya mesh head, then this shape should give you the same results you see in the picture as long as you use the same head skin in the picture.

The "Style Card" will list all the skins, hair and accessories the shape maker used so you can recreate the look in the photo.

The shape is sold with mod rights, so you will be able to adjust the body sliders to better work with your Maitreya body.

Obviously I know this lol but thanks. Yes I have the correct head. 

31 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Does the shape have a demo available? if it does get it and see how it looks. If you have the head described it will work, however you may not look just like the body since Maitreya tends to be more suited to a slimmer look. No demo = no sale

Sadly it doesn't. I usually don't buy things unless I can test them, but most shapes don't have demos at least none that I've bought or looked through. 

So it looks like its a shape with 3-4 shapes tailored to different bodies. You can still buy the shape if you primarily are getting it because you like the way the face looks. However, if you choose it for that reason, the body might need some tweaking. What you want to do is choose the shape that is closest to Maitreya and tweak that one. That would probably be Ebody or Slink Hourglass.

If you're choosing the shape primarily because of the the way the body is shaped. I would pass on it, because the shape is not for your particular body. The picture shown is a shape for kupra, which is about as different from Maitreya as you can get. So your body will not look as pictured at all....ever.

• Thanks 1

As already mentioned, the only way to get the exact same face as the pic will be to use the same skin as well as the same shape.

You can use the shape with Maitreya, because it's modifyable so you can edit it to suit the body better. The Body, Torso and Legs tabs (in the Edit Shape menu) have the sliders you'll need to change. However, you will never in a million years get the same body shape with Maitreya as you see in the picture.  Maitreya doesn't get anywhere near as curvy as Kupra, and the breasts are a different shape. No matter what shape you buy, Maitreya is incapable of achieving that kind of look.

With shapes we have complications... but we can modify Mod-OK shapes. So keep in mind that makes of heads make there own shape FOR THE HEAD and usually do not place much effort into the body part of the shape. Body makers do the same focusing on the body and with little concern for the head. So... it is left up to us to combine the shapes.

Some put on a shape and write down the settings for the part they want to keep, the body or head. Then put on ...say... the head shape that needs the body adjusted and go to work putting in the body settings written down earlier. It works.

It is also possible to export full-perm shapes as XML files. You can then edit the XML files to combine the shapes and import them into SL.

• Like 1

Two things:

First, if you have a Lilly head (and a shape you're happy with), that shape will look good on the Kaya head. I found this out quite by accident while updating an alt to Kaya. Her Lilly face came out fairly similar, but a teensy bit more elfin in looks.

Second, I've found it easier, If I want to have a certain look for the face, is to search shapes for the look I want for the face alone, and use the numbers for my current body on the new face shape. I did that on an alt when I was first shopping for a mesh head for her. Found a shape, got it and got the head it was made for and used my old body shape.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.