AOOOOs pls

SimplyJiwoon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, SimplyJiwoon said:

Looking for a more realistic Ao where the avatar is standing still;/posing unless walking i see it everywhere but i dont know where to buy it

Personally I think your best bet would be to buy an AO HUD and then hit stores like Body Language, Vista etc and buy individual animations and add them to the HUD and create your own.  Or next time you see someone doing an AO anim you like, just ask them where they shop.

• Like 5

Body Language has very nice AOs but they're expensive. They had some half price at the last Shop And Hop event, so they might be in the next one in February. If you don't mind their prices, you can pick up some "free" group gift AOs from them by joining their group for $L 350. 

"Eat Me" Amimations has some free & cheap AO sets, but their animations are not quite as smooth & natural-looking as the ones from Body Language. I'd recommend getting one of their sale $L 50 sets, since the free ones are mostly not Bento and the $L 50 sets are better looking than the $L 10 sets. If you know how to mix and match your own set of animations, their free and sale AO sets can mixed with AOs from other creators pretty easily too.

There are several other AO stores, but  I've carefully studied the animations from these 2 stores recently as I was making up new AO sets for my avatars. Always demo animations before buying them.

* If you're using the Firestorm viewer, it's pretty easy to add your AO set into the viewer too, which would reduce your HUD attachments and script lag.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
Edit to add info
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, SimplyJiwoon said:

Looking for a more realistic Ao where the avatar is standing still;/posing unless walking i see it everywhere but i dont know where to buy i

As @Jordan Whittsaid, those are probably ones put together by the user.  If you're on Firestorm, you can just drop animations you like into the built in AO..  I made my own using the Akeyo Power HUD.  Drag and drop and no notecards to edit.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 5

On 1/6/2022 at 2:30 AM, Persephone Emerald said:

If you're using the Firestorm viewer, it's pretty easy to add your AO set into the viewer too, which would reduce your HUD attachments and script lag.

How is possible to do that? I would like to know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tama Suki said:

How is possible to do that? I would like to know.

You can pull the animations from your AO from the content tab in the edit menu.  You need to have modify rights.  If you do not also have copy rights you'll be taking the animation out of the original AO completely.  When the animations are in your inventory open the built-in Firestorm AO and drag them into the appropriate section - stand, fly, walk, hover, turn left and others.

• Like 2

The Firestorm people provide classes on the viewer. There are lots of nifty features that make your time in SL more fun by making various task much easier. Join their support group to get notices of the classes. They also provide the Firestorm Social Island, (map URL) which teaches about SL in the context of the Firestorm viewer.

• Like 4

If you go to the Firestorm website, they have tutorials on how to do stuff. 

There are a few variations on how to put animations into the built in Firestorm viewer AO "HUD".  The easiest is to either wear or rez an AO HUD, Open it, & dump all the Contents into your Inventory.  This creates a folder which I advise dragging into your Animations folder.  There will be a notecard in this folder that has a list of animations in it, such as: 

[ Walking ]walk1|walk2|walk3 . 

This notecard tells your AO HUD which animations to use for each of these actions.  You can rename this notecard at this point if you wish.  You can also delete the scripts in this folder if you wish, but do not delete or rename the animations in this folder.  Open the Firestorm AO by clicking the ^ arrow on it.  Now drag the notecard that lists your AO animations into the window at the top of your open AO box.  This creates an AO set with the same name as that notecard.  From this point you can adjust how your animations will work, but you now essentially have an AO set built into your viewer.

Selecting Cycle or Randomize for sets of animations such as Walking will cycle or randomize which animations will play for that action. You can also select how long you want each animation to play before moving to the next one in a set. Do not delete the notecard or animations in this folder, or the folder itself. The Firestorm viewer creates a subfolder in the Firestorm folder that is a copy of this folder and works in much the same way as folders in the Outfits folder works. It links to the original folder, so if you delete a crucial element in that original folder, your Firestorm AO will now be broken. It's easy to add, delete and replace animations or AO sets in this AO "HUD" though. Clicking the Trash icon deletes stuff. Dragging notecards or animations into the proper windows adds stuff. 

I've chosen to use a more complicated and time-consuming way of making up my AO set, which I don't advise unless one is comfortable modifying notecards and scripts. I put the animations from multiple AO HUDs into the folder with the notecard that directs which animations to use for each action. I demo these animations inworld, delete the ones I don't like, and rename ones that have overly long names. Then I rename and open the key notecard, delete the names of animations I don't want to use, Copy and Paste the names of animations I do want to use, before dragging this notecard into my Firestorm AO "HUD".  This method takes a long time, but allows me to customize my AO sets to suit the personality of each of my avatars and to remove animations that I don't like. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

On 1/5/2022 at 8:17 PM, SimplyJiwoon said:

Looking for a more realistic Ao where the avatar is standing still;/posing unless walking i see it everywhere but i dont know where to buy it

Kuso has awesome animations and you can buy the set as well. To make an AO set into Firestorm, you just have to drop the notecard that comes with the AO into the animations popout. 

8c034d0d1c00ccf241b5830a3e66cf36.png

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.