Linden Home choices

Delightful Demina

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 851 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When looking for a linden home location is important to most of us. If lindens limit the choices to 5 every 24 hours its unfair to send us back the the same ones we already abandoned. that uses up a choice. I've been looking and on several nights i have been sent back to the same house twice in the same session and again the next night.. That's not really fair. if i didn't want it the first two times or the two times the night before i'm not going to change  my mind and take it just to make lindens happy. it still cost me $99 a year. i get we have to keep trying to get the house we like but everyone should get the same 5 options. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Delightful Demina said:

When looking for a linden home location is important to most of us. If lindens limit the choices to 5 every 24 hours its unfair to send us back the the same ones we already abandoned. that uses up a choice. I've been looking and on several nights i have been sent back to the same house twice in the same session and again the next night.. That's not really fair. if i didn't want it the first two times or the two times the night before i'm not going to change  my mind and take it just to make lindens happy. it still cost me $99 a year. i get we have to keep trying to get the house we like but everyone should get the same 5 options. 

The last time I played that game I abandoned a log home. Every hour I choose a different theme, Traditional, Victorian, etc. On my last roll I decided I really did want a log home and chose that. I got the same one back that I had started with.  It would be a coding nightmare to code something so that you don't get the same one back. Maybe there was just that one available? Then people would be complaining they didn't get a house when one was open.  I just shrugged my shoulders and tried again the next day.  So you are homeless for a few days till you get the one you want. Is it really that big of a deal?

It's an imperfect system when there are few homes available. There are ways to time  your landpage visit to reduce the possibility of landing the same home (see Elena's reply above) but if you are looking for the same type of home you will see the same properties over and over. This is why some people time their moves to coincide with a new release as there will be more abandons in the pool.

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
  • Like 3

• Moles
7 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

It would be a coding nightmare to code something so that you don't get the same one back.

This is correct. The system doesn't track which parcels you previously owned. It only looks to see if there is an available parcel. If all the parcels are taken until you abandon yours and then try to get a home in the same theme, it will likely assign you that one again if it is the only one available. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

This is correct. The system doesn't track which parcels you previously owned. It only looks to see if there is an available parcel. If all the parcels are taken until you abandon yours and then try to get a home in the same theme, it will likely assign you that one again if it is the only one available. 

You may clear up one thing for me: I have heard several times that abandoned homes go to the front of the queue. So even if it is 2 or more homes of that theme, it is not possible to get another home unless one other is abandoned and comes first.True or false?

10 hours ago, Delightful Demina said:

If you use Firestorm, it is easier to keep track of the abandoned homes. Pull up the teleport history and check if the parcel got another name. As long as the parcel is named "Linden Home" you know that it is still in the queue, and possibly first.

The downside is that you have to be logged in to see if it is taken. It is also a small possibility that someone names their home "Linden Home". But that is so rare, and you can always control it by teleporting back and see if owner is Governor Linden.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

Abnor, there is an exception to this when it comes to Victorian homes: you need two for them to show up in the LP 

On 12/21/2021 at 4:21 AM, Marianne Little said:

If you use Firestorm, it is easier to keep track of the abandoned homes. Pull up the teleport history and check if the parcel got another name. As long as the parcel is named "Linden Home" you know that it is still in the queue, and possibly first.

The downside is that you have to be logged in to see if it is taken. It is also a small possibility that someone names their home "Linden Home". But that is so rare, and you can always control it by teleporting back and see if owner is Governor Linden.

I use the standard SL viewer and teleport history is also easily accessible. That’s how I keep track of my abandons. It doesn’t prevent my alts from trading the unwanted abandons back and forth. I lucked out today, though. 😊

• Like 2

On 12/20/2021 at 10:58 PM, Delightful Demina said:

There's a trick you can do but only if you have a premium alt that doesn't already have a Linden Home.

1) Abandon the one you don't want.

2) Log in your alt, claim the same theme, get the house you just abandoned. keep it for for now

3) Log in your main, select the chosen theme (and usually find there's none, which is why you kept getting the same house over and over in the first place)

4) Try again another day (whilst still keeping the unwanted house with your alt of course - don't release it until you've got another one that you like)

Of course if it's a log house you're looking for, you will need about thirty five thousand premium alts to eliminate all the boring parcels you don't want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/21/2021 at 6:59 AM, Abnor Mole said:

If this kind of coding is not possible, would it instead be possible to show on the land page how many of each theme are currently available? Then at least if you know there's only 1 or 2, not to waste all your 5 tries on them.

• Like 2

On 12/21/2021 at 1:59 AM, Abnor Mole said:

Are you holding back some?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 851 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.