Login in trouble

LadyYuna10

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

21 answers to this question

I'd suggest doing as the message instructs.  Check your computer's clock to be sure that it is showing the correct time and date.  Those can sometimes be misaligned when your computer tries to adjust to/from Daylight Savings Time or when you take a laptop into a different time zone.  If you have reset them properly and you are still having problems, do as instructed and submit a support case.

54 minutes ago, LadyYuna10 said:

I try everything , the date and time is right, i did uninstalling and reinstalling nothing seems to work

OK, in that case, go ahead and submit a support case as directed.  Be sure that you report results that you have experienced with the standard Linden Lab viewer.

BTW, did you check the year as well as the day and month?  For some reason, it's the year that can get messed up.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LadyYuna10 said:

I am having trouble logging into secondlife, It worked before Wednesday but now it's not working any more, It's been almost three days since I been on secondlife what should I do?

I got the same message so something is going on. Give it some time.

1 hour ago, LadyYuna10 said:

I try everything , the date and time is right, i did uninstalling and reinstalling nothing seems to work

I had this show up 5-6 times today. Close your viewer completely and run it again..  After a few tries it will probably log you in.

52 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

OK, in that case, go ahead and submit a support case as directed.  Be sure that you report results that you have experienced with the standard Linden Lab viewer.

BTW, did you check the year as well as the day and month?  For some reason, it's the year that can get messed up.

it shows 11/27/2021 time 7:43 same thing on my phone

3 hours ago, LadyYuna10 said:

I am having trouble logging into secondlife, It worked before Wednesday but now it's not working any more, It's been almost three days since I been on secondlife what should I do?

Are you running SL on a laptop? I've seen before that if you are frequently seeing that message it's a sign the CMOS battery in your computer is failing. It remembers a lot of things in your computer including date and time. You might want to look in to getting it replaced

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Are you running SL on a laptop? I've seen before that if you are frequently seeing that message it's a sign the CMOS battery in your computer is failing. It remembers a lot of things in your computer including date and time. You might want to look in to getting it replaced

My mom did say about getting a new laptop since i have a pavilion hp gaming laptop

1 hour ago, LadyYuna10 said:

My mom did say about getting a new laptop since i have a pavilion hp gaming laptop

it's just a battery for a very minor amount of money :) if your laptop functions well, not really a reason to ditch it
For a computer shop a matter of a few minutes to change it.

Of course... the blackfriday sales migth give a good deal on a better laptop!

Firstly,  set the correct time and date yourself by right-clicking the desktop tray clock (bottom right corner) with "Adjust date/time", then "Set the date and time manually" or more simply, "Sync now" (requires internet connection) to local time.  When that is done, shut down your PC and wait 5 minutes.

Then switch your PC back on. When desktop has appeared, look at the clock time again to see if the time is still correct or not. If the time is not correct, then the CMOS battery in your PC needs replacing.

A PC with a faulty or dead clock battery would also normally give a prompt during bootup and in the BIOS screen regarding a "CMOS checksum error". CMOS is a name for the clock system (it stands for Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor if interested). 

The CMOS battery is a 2 cm diameter coin shaped 3 volt battery, known as a CR2032 which keeps the CMOS time and date set properly. It's located on the motherboard and can be swapped for a new one in seconds.  A replacement CR2032 battery can be easily bought anywhere that sells regular batteries.

cr-2032-panasonic-lithium-coin-battery-250x250.png

Fitting a replacement battery is easy with a desktop PC. Unplug the PC from the mains electricity and unscrew the left-side case panel.  However a laptop, usually being a sealed device with unusual screw fittings and requiring some disassembly, would need to be taken into a repair centre for a check and battery replacement.

The repair centre ought to have correctly set the correct time too, but if not, you can set the time and date yourself by right-clicking the desktop tray clock (bottom left corner) with "Adjust date/time", then "Set the date and time manually" or more simply, "Sync now" (requires internet connection) to local time.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen

Just in case you haven't tried everything, please take a look through some of the advice given in an earlier forum thread about this exact same problem - in this instance it was down to anti-malware software clashing. 

It may well be the internal battery of your computer though. It might also be that an update for your software has created this issue. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.