heads up : ) November 2021

Josephine Carissa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thank you @Josephine Carissa and @Ceka Cianci!

I picked up the Leah head and paired it with an old Romi Juliesse skin I've had since forever.  I think it looks pretty good. I'm wearing it with the cheapo Ruth body. There is a slight neck sim under the CalWL windlight.

9eAyl18.jpg

After living with no-mod full bright hair and flexi dresses it was high time I joined the second decade of the 21st century.

Edited by Unwashed Bohemian
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Josephine Carissa said:

Hello Everyone : )

Something i saw that i knew you all would want to know about:

https://fabfree.wordpress.com/2021/11/06/lovely-leah/Have a great day!

Josephine

17 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I seen that in a group notice..

I didn't see it at the older store, but did at the new store.

You can get the LM at the older store if you end up there first.

Or even better, I could just link it here.. hehehe DOH!!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/KALHENE/120/140/22

Tried it on my old group inviter bot. It's a beautiful head even with its default head shape. Thank you ladies.

Screenshot_2021-11-08_00-09-43.thumb.png.7b55ca9105eadcbc09a91e450cd8e09d.png

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

Tried it on my old group inviter bot. It's a beautiful head even with its default head shape. Thank you ladies.

Screenshot_2021-11-08_00-09-43.thumb.png.7b55ca9105eadcbc09a91e450cd8e09d.png

I put it on with my shape and was like, AAAaaaaaaaahhhh!!!

I need to make a new shape for that head.. Everything on my shape felt like it was turned up to 100, Which is a good thing because it means there is plenty of room on the sliders to play with. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

So is the creator now trying to set foot in the mesh head business, after the body got more or less mediocre success?

I think the main problem with the body is that they didn't set up partnerships with existing skin/clothing shops before release. It seems to really be popular with people who like the thiccums look, in the same way that the Ebody Reborn is - except they basically partnered with everyone before launch. 

On the topic of the head itself, I tried it and the proportions aren't for me. Also the inner eye corner is super distorted on all the skins I own. But I'm sure it will be very popular with the Kardashian Krowd. (No shade. Seriously. It just isn't my aesthetic!)

Edited by Blaise Glendevon
  • Like 1

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

Their bodies come with a couple of mesh heads already..

I know.

In other words bluntly spoken: I found those heads a nicely meant extra back when the body was released. In no way are they up to par to "the big ones" on the market in terms of animations, no idea about the rest like BOM compability and such. The rather weird neck fit does ring a bell, though.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, karenx0 said:

Boo looks bootifool even with a female head :P 

That's Nick's little sister, baby. Used to run the family business but rarely logs in to SL anymore, she's a good girl.. (and still a virgin)

Snapshot_001a.thumb.png.6005495c8c55fb3dbc8f9948c26c7a9d.png

• Like 2

On 11/7/2021 at 5:14 PM, Marianne Little said:

In FabFree, they mention a neck seam with the head and Maitreya body. What do you think, @kali Wylder?

I havent tried Kalhene heads with other bodies (I use Erika body but catwa head). However, while the Kalhene body does both Universal neck and the old fit, the heads are old fit only.  So they won't be seamless with a body using Universal. I believe theres a switch on the Maitreya hud to switch back to old style neck fits like Genus - use that.

On 11/8/2021 at 7:17 AM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

I know.

In other words bluntly spoken: I found those heads a nicely meant extra back when the body was released. In no way are they up to par to "the big ones" on the market in terms of animations, no idea about the rest like BOM compability and such. The rather weird neck fit does ring a bell, though.  

I feel they could have easily already entered that market if they wanted to, is kind of what I was getting at..

It may just be enough to deal with the body alone as far as customer service and all that..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.