the telepathy thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 999 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I vaguely remember that now...you saw some guy from the back and got bad vibes from him...and then discovered he did something horrid...or?

Yes, it was in a supermarket and he tried to hit me with his basket in another aisle and then went psycho at the staff at the front ...he was behaving normally when I went in but as soon as I saw him I just had a really bad vibe and wanted to avoid him. I had a similar vibe about someone on a train too, but that was more creepy than frightening. 

I also read somewhere about a woman who met the surgeon who was going to operate on her son and she had a seriously bad vibe from him, and kept telling herself 'cancel the operation!' but she didn't want to make a fuss and come across as unhinged...and her son died in surgery and it later turned the surgeon was really incompetent and there had been lots of internal complaints about him before...:|

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

For now, as a disinterested scientific observer, I will wait for your proof that invisible elephants exist.  😉

I can understand how you feel that way.

From my experience it's only people who have had a psychic experience they could not deny that ultimately enabled them to believe in a more unseen world within and around us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I just had a really bad vibe

I believe one day we'll be able to measure these 'vibes' or this 'energy' that connects us in ways we don't understand presently.  Until then I'm afraid it all seems a bit too spooky for many people...    :(

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

.... and that somehow those participating are not themselves observers. Sure thing.

I think Arielle described it correctly, Coffee. An observer observes, collapsing the magic. A believing participant doesn't observe, but simply believes, thereby preserving the magic. Rolig gets at the same idea.

I've witnessed this countless times. We'll witness it in this thread.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Oh this seems so illustrative. I suppose I couldn't very well claim that there were mystery elephants in the room with you in that room actively seeking out results that support your expectation that definitely no funny business of any sort that you could not explain away into nothing at all. It is almost as if you fear something. It is all operating down at a level of your reality that is quite low, essentially automatic once set. It would probably take some kind of real shock to ever break away from that perspective, should it set in and really take root.

Not at all, you are still looking through the wrong end of the microscope.  With mild apologies to Sherlock Holmes, who almost got it right, "when you have eliminated the impossible possibility of statistical error or experimental bias, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”  The core of scientific investigation is demonstrating that an observation is not the result of poor technique or wishful thinking.  If you want to prove that your invisible elephants exist, you have to start with the null hypothesis that there is no such thing as an invisible elephant.  The job from there is to demonstrate that any invisible elephant you think you detected isn't due to bad equipment and lack of sleep.  If you can do that, you have met Sherlock Holmes's test.  On the other hand, if you begin with the hypothesis that invisible elephants exist, there's never any way to prove it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

any invisible elephant

You are ignoring my dog example and focusing on this elephant  😉

Seriously, what do you think about these dogs that know when their owners are coming home...often from miles and miles away....? And not at any specific time they might be sensitive to via sun position or length of time.

Jaytee - A Dog Who Knew When His Owner Was Coming Home: The ORF Experiment (sheldrake.org)

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

Not at all, you are still looking through the wrong end of the microscope.  With mild apologies to Sherlock Holmes, who almost got it right, "when you have eliminated the impossible possibility of statistical error or experimental bias, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”  The core of scientific investigation is demonstrating that an observation is not the result of poor technique or wishful thinking. 

Ah, but there's no single truth. Not even just two, there are "at least three," I intuit, and probably countless more. Contradictory truths may coexist until collapsed. 

• Like 1

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

You are ignoring my dog example and focusing on this elephant  😉

Seriously, what do you think about these dogs that know when their owners are coming home...often from miles and miles away....? And not at any specific time they might be sensitive to via sun position or length of time.

Did you watch the video Luna? The entertainers who made it said they were not doing science.

They were doing entertainment.

I've seen countless videos of people who're ignorant of science being amazed by the magic of things that can be explained quite naturally. That is not evidence of the supernatural. It's evidence of ignorance.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

...amazed by the magic of things that can be explained quite naturally. That is not evidence of the supernatural. It's evidence of ignorance.

The point is, it would seem that things once relegated to the domain of the supernatural or dismissed as deluded or otherwise wrong were always just part of the underlying physics of this place we call reality. I feel as though it's illustrative of how we all, like all the rest of nature, are an integral part of this quite magical natural scene and so naturally enough we all may interact with these natural phenomena simply as a matter of course of being alive.

8 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Because they can go under the floor :S

There were scritchy-gnawy things in the walls by my bed at my last home, usually after the onset of alpine winter. I'd keep finding and blocking holes they'd burrow in at the base of the structure outside. Eventually I just learned to ignore the ones the cat couldn't get because I wasn't going to go tearing open walls. :)

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Like 1

There is so much we don't know about the human brain.  Is telepathy possible?  I would think, considering what we DON'T know, yes.

I never was a big believer in telepathy, until Tami and I became partners.  I cannot tell you the times that we have posted the same thing at the same time. Often with different wording, but the same idea.  Telepathy, think alike, lucky, coincidence?  Who knows?

Edited by Doris Johnsky
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Doris Johnsky said:

There is so much we don't know about the human brain.  Is telepathy possible?  I would think, considering what we DON'T know, yes.

I never was a big believer in telepathy, until Tami and I became partners.  I cannot tell you the times that we have posted the same thing at the same time. Often with different wording, but the same idea.  Telepathy, think alike, lucky, coincidence?  Who knows?

I agree! I'm not anti-science but I think there are weird forces whizzing around us that we can't explain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

that we can't explain. 

We'll never be able to explain everything, not from this vantage point. The main take-home lesson is that you don't need scientific understanding of reality in order for reality to exist. You never did. Science has sought to explain the unexplained, and now it's providing an explanation that fits nature better than the immediate prior models. That's just how things operate: with complexity beyond measure and in mysterious ways.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Doris Johnsky said:

When you take the time to truly get to know someone, you get a feel for how they think and react. No Telepathy required.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Rat Luv said:

Does anyone get lots of coincidences sometimes? Like you'll learn about something new that you've never heard of before...then suddenly see or hear lots of mentions of it online or in RL immediately afterwards when you're not looking for it? o.O

It's a common enough experience it's got a name, The Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon. It's a manifestation of selective attention, a pretty handy ability that arises from the reticular activating system.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I agree! I'm not anti-science but I think there are weird forces whizzing around us that we can't explain. 

I think people think there are weird forces whizzing about them that have been explained, but not to their satisfaction. Sometimes it's not possible to offer an acceptable explanation because it requires knowledge they don't possess, or conflicts with beliefs they hold dear.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

It's a common enough experience it's got a name, The Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon. It's a manifestation of selective attention, a pretty handy ability that arises from the reticular activating system.

Whatever you call it, however you dissect the anatomy, whatever model you use to describe it, it is what it is. It is not the system and the system is not it, not actually. 

1 hour ago, Rat Luv said:

I think there was a thread about vibes on here... I really do believe you can get vibes off people and situations that turn out to be accurate. 

Does anyone get lots of coincidences sometimes? Like you'll learn about something new that you've never heard of before...then suddenly see or hear lots of mentions of it online or in RL immediately afterwards when you're not looking for it? o.O

You mean like the X-Files episode with Burt Reynolds? That damn number 3 kept coming up days after we watched the episode. Every. Where. We. Looked. There was that damn number 3.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

One coincidence was reading a book by Tom Vague about Notting Hill in the 1960s that had a photo of a wall with "I CAN'T BREATHE" graffiti  at exactly the same time the George Floyd incident happened...

And Tom Vague's other book is this! https://www.amazon.co.uk/Televisionaries-Red-Army-Faction-Story/dp/1873176473

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You mean like the X-Files episode with Burt Reynolds? That damn number 3 kept coming up days after we watched the episode. Every. Where. We. Looked. There was that damn number 3.

I don't know if you're teasing? 😄..I have definitely had number coincidences come up before!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 999 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.