How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

Posted (edited)

So, ANYWAYS . . .

My apartment block in Voroznia is one of a number that are clustered around a public square (including obligatory statue of Lenin) that features also a fountain built in the fine tradition of frighteningly uninteresting Soviet Modernist art, and, more usefully, a public swimming pool.

Pic of pool coming soon.

(This is a terrible photo, and I look like an utter simpleton. What can I say -- not every snapshot is golden, right?)

Goodbye-Voroznia-7-(Square)-Blank.thumb.png.96062af0bdee532a931fa19fa90f89ec.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Repetition
  • Like 17

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Istelathis said:

A fellow Bellisserian! Welcome to the neighborhood.   Watch out for Slenderman, I have heard he has been spotted throughout the region 🙃    

He's not so bad. Slendy is a nice guy, a rather friendly sort.

slenderman_02.png.1452bb5b61af2e4dab8c75

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 8
  • Haha 5

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, ANYWAYS . . .

My apartment block in Voroznia is one of a number that are clustered around a public square (including obligatory statue of Lenin) that features also a fountain built in the fine tradition of frighteningly uninteresting Soviet Modernist art, and, more usefully, a public swimming pool.

Pic of pool coming soon.

(This is a terrible photo, and I look like an utter simpleton. What can I say -- not every snapshot is golden, right?)

Goodbye-Voroznia-7-(Square)-Blank.thumb.png.96062af0bdee532a931fa19fa90f89ec.png

LOL, your pic looks just fine. If we wanted to make every pic we post a work of art, we wouldn't even have the time to even be inworld to take any!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bagnu said:

LOL, your pic looks just fine. If we wanted to make every pic we post a work of art, we wouldn't even have the time to even be inworld to take any!!!

Yes I take pictures to document my SL and then make art for my gallery, and sometimes for the walls of the house where I live

She approves of the new picture

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

image.thumb.png.12b8de5f668f6edb00cf054c9cd2d2e4.png

Spent some Linden to add very subtle flaws and definition to my avatar in an attempt to add a bit of visible maturity. Dunno whether it worked or not but I do feel it was a worthwhile "flaw up" eh, glow up one way or another.

Left is before, right is after

Edited by ValKalAstra
  • Like 13

Posted (edited)
Just now, BillFletcher said:

Yes I take pictures to document my SL and then make art for my gallery, and sometimes for the walls of the house where I live

She approves of the new picture

I was actually responding to Scylla, but my response to her applies to you, myself,, and everyone else too. Not every pic we post has to be a piece of artwork. That would take away the fun if we are pressured like that.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

So, the public pool at Voroznia isn't pretty, really -- it's classic Soviet Brutalism -- but is actually kind of nice overall. And it weirdly gets used: when I was taking this shot last night, there was another Voroznian wandering around in his swimming trunks!

(I look distressingly tummy-ish in this pic. Clearly one of the things I should be doing is more swimming!)

I should do some more pics there.

Goodbye-Voroznia-8-(Pool)-(SM)-Blank.thumb.png.1b507b0d9c56fb5f70a2a5c5824629c1.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Typo
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I look distressingly tummy-ish in this pic. Clearly one of the things I should be doing is more swimming!

My first thought on seeing the pic: "Oh! She's using a realistic shape!" Then, "You can't really tell because of her arm placement!"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, the public pool at Voroznia isn't pretty, really -- it's classic Soviet Brutalism -- but is actually kind of nice overall. And it weirdly gets used: when I was taking this shot last night, there was another Voroznian wandering around in his swimming trunks!

(I look distressingly tummy-ish in this pic. Clearly one of the things I should be doing is more swimming!)

I should do some more pics there.

Goodbye-Voroznia-8-(Pool)-(SM)-Blank.thumb.png.1b507b0d9c56fb5f70a2a5c5824629c1.png

Are you sure you aren't pregnant?  /me runs for cover before Scylla hits him with a baseball bat for even suggesting that...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

portbabbageeastend.thumb.png.ed31ff229650aa62a384623626d58aac.png

Port Babbage, from the Port Line tram. Watch your wallet.

Anne Aurelia has been gradually re-making the port in New Babbage to look like the East End of London in 1880. Market stalls, urchins, clutter, crowded streets. More to come. This is just a glimpse.

(I'm testing Sharpview here. I leave my alt, "animatsalt riding the tram, AFK, for hours. 8 hours without a failure so far.)

• Like 16

37 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Are you sure you aren't pregnant?  /me runs for cover before Scylla hits him with a baseball bat for even suggesting that...

That would be a true miracle, an immaculate conception, for more reasons than one.

OMG. Plot for futuristic scifi horror movie: woman's avatar in virtual world somehow becomes "pregnant," and gives birth to a charmingly dangerous digital human hybrid who will destroy the world by merging the real with the virtual . . .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

That would be a true miracle, an immaculate conception, for more reasons than one.

OMG. Plot for futuristic scifi horror movie: woman's avatar in virtual world somehow becomes "pregnant," and gives birth to a charmingly dangerous digital human hybrid who will destroy the world by merging the real with the virtual . . .

A couple thoughts:

- The other Sisters down at the convent will all be jealous and want an immaculate baby too!

- Maybe you will get one of those new "Woke" babies like the one in the viral internet video!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

A couple thoughts:

- The other Sisters down at the convent will all be jealous and want an immaculate baby too!

- Maybe you will get one of those new "Woke" babies like the one in the viral internet video!

Oh, no no no.

I'm not talking about ME! Damned if I'm getting preggers with the virtual Antichrist! Eeeek. There aren't enough epidurals in the world!

No, I play the beautiful and brilliant scientist who tries to warn LL about what is happening. And gets romanced, of course, by the incredibly handsome and rugged, but also deeply sensitive and respectful programmer who is working to find a hack to prevent this calamity!

(He has a closely shaven but slightly unkempt beard. Ryan Gosling will do in a pinch.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh, no no no.

I'm not talking about ME! Damned if I'm getting preggers with the virtual Antichrist! Eeeek. There aren't enough epidurals in the world!

No, I play the beautiful and brilliant scientist who tries to warn LL about what is happening. And gets romanced, of course, by the incredibly handsome and rugged, but also deeply sensitive and respectful programmer who is working to find a hack to prevent this calamity!

(He has a closely shaven but slightly unkempt beard. Ryan Gosling will do in a pinch.)

Wishlist for the movie:

- LL are portrayed like Blizzard are in the South Park episode on Warcraft. Taking it *very* seriously

- Whereas the creators of various systems (Mama Allpa, Really Needy, etc.), after being brought in as consultants, are incredulous and gigglesnorting throughout

- The resolution consists of the expecting abomination-mom detaching the pregnancy HUD, with an underwhelming sound effect

- In the sequel, someone receives the HUD by mysterious means and - like a silly person - attaches it. In glowing red letters, it proclaims them to be 800 months pregnant! And it is RLV locked, oh no! They relog without RLV, problem solved.

- I also want to see a machine created (maybe by Contraption?), with hundreds of robotic arms and injectors, meant to literally provide *all* the epidurals

• Like 1
  • Haha 2