How Does Your SL Look Today?

I live in an estate where we do seasons, and we just hit spring this past weekend.  I've been planning a complete overhaul of my parcel, so I ripped that sucker down to the ground and rebuilt everything, including the house (I built a new one with Marcus Inkpen's ModIt kit, the Fantasy variant).

My next-door neighbors in the castle to the right of the picture hopefully won't mind their view being changed too terribly much :)

Looking East 2048.png

• Like 15

Desperately lacking in prims and trying to do some decorating with the scarce space. A cheese shop and bakery 'The Tompouce.' I love tompouces! I haven't looked up but I think the pastry is called Napoleon in the US and millefeuille in France. On the internet you can find instructions on how best to eat this. Because when you poke the top with a fork, the soft cream squirts in all directions. Anyway, you take off the top, eat that first and then you can easily eat the rest with the fork.

Snapshot_20812085510_003_klein.png

Snapshot_20812085510_005_klein - kopie.png

Snapshot_20812085510_007_klein - kopie.png

Snapshot_20812085510_008_klein - kopie.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 16

On 2/9/2024 at 10:44 AM, 2Tessa said:

Got banned from the region where i was renting. No explanation.

original_65c6007ff245c10acd157382.png

🪨 Now the whole ex full region sandbox is abandoned land. 🪵

• Sad 7

19 hours ago, archangel969 said:

View on Canal town.

Snapshot_20812085513_005_klein.png

Very nice, could be a picture taken somewhere in Amsterdam or Utrecht.

Only thing missing in the picture: hordes of tourists.  ;)

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Experimenting with Machinima on the Island. It looks much better in full HD and 60FPS though. It's not a zoom. I was using an invisible AV, and flying forwards. I should have moved the cursor to the side though.

Sequence 01_5.gif

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 12

7 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Very nice, could be a picture taken somewhere in Amsterdam or Utrecht.

Only thing missing in the picture: hordes of tourists.  ;)

Haha you are right. I live in the old centre of Utrecht which means I rarely go in town at saturday afternoon because of the crowd. But that's part of the game when you live in such a city! And a few years ago I bought a holiday cottage in the east of the Netherlands near the woods. Sort of Canal town vs. Dutch estate in RL. if you can have the best of both worlds grab your chance is my motto.

• Like 5

I was flying around again on my hoverbike, then I did a region crossing and mah hoverbike kept going without me!  How rude!  Anyway, I started wandering around mainland looking for a rez spot when I stumbled into a minigolf place and started playing some.

Snapshot_855.thumb.jpg.8d4bd5572fa14a13b758a08f03015786.jpg

Shhhhh!  I require intense concentration!

Snapshot_857.thumb.jpg.0625f31f651938b3f92683a4f24ae508.jpg

Oooh!

Snapshot_859.thumb.jpg.0bef45f5f5898d50917a383000a7bbed.jpg

The wind blew it off course, plus someone said something!  I told you guyz to stay quiet!

Snapshot_861.thumb.jpg.aabe5a4b64e2148eaeb55d00c009a54f.jpg

And we finish it off with a happy dance! 

Snapshot_862.thumb.jpg.7bfc84023bde59f5298b6c218f2f0ec2.jpg

Now to find a rez spot

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 13
  • Haha 3

I hadn't paid close attention to my land's borders. I built in the sky, so it's sometimes hard to see where it ends.
Now I thought: I can put that mill here on the quay.
I was wrong. Well, there was place for HALF the mill.
Because when I walked across the inner room of the mill, I fell halfway through the floor and there was a text saying that I had landed in another region ánd on someone else's property so I had five seconds to get myself the F out of there. Okay, I guess I have to place the mill futher land inward.🙂.
I didn't take a picture of me falling, I was too shocked LOL. But this is the harbour of Canal city AFTER I was forced to move the mill (and the quay).

Never a dull moment on SL!

Snapshot_20812085516_002_klein.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, archangel969 said:
I hadn't paid close attention to my land's borders. I built in the sky, so it's sometimes hard to see where it ends.
Now I thought: I can put that mill here on the quay.
I was wrong. Well, there was place for HALF the mill.
Because when I walked across the inner room of the mill, I fell halfway through the floor and there was a text saying that I had landed in another region ánd on someone else's property so I had five seconds to get myself the F out of there. Okay, I guess I have to place the mill futher land inward.🙂.
I didn't take a picture of me falling, I was too shocked LOL. But this is the harbour of Canal city AFTER I was forced to move the mill (and the quay).

Never a dull moment on SL!

Snapshot_20812085516_002_klein.png

There is an option under Preferences/Firestorm/Build 2 that lets us see parcel borders extending upwards. If you are using FS that is. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, archangel969 said:

I do! Thanks for the tip!

Firestorm has a lot of settings hidden away in places I wouldn't think of looking. Even when I've used a setting, I have to look it up or ask, if it's been months. Some are in more than one place too, like camera settings, and AV slo-mo!!!

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Firestorm has a lot of settings hidden away in places I wouldn't think of looking. Even when I've used a setting, I have to look it up or ask, if it's been months. Some are in more than one place too, like camera settings, and AV slo-mo!!!

What that super duper top notch viewer has flaws?
Who would have thought.

/me runs hard again.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

So true; I use the wonderful search function in FS a LOT:

image.thumb.jpeg.725d3bd95b28ae04cd436b02f3fd4cb7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Who would have thought.

/me runs hard again.

Is there any viewer that DOESN'T have some flaws? FS is the only viewer I've tried that has chat organized exactly the way I like. And anything without RLV would be useless to me except to take the odd pic.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Who would have thought.

/me runs hard again.

You got me curious now. Why don't you like Firestorm?

26 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

You got me curious now. Why don't you like Firestorm?

It was just a reaction on what is discussed in another thread where the LL viewer is called a fail viewer.
For me everybody should use the viewer one likes best. They all have their strong points and their flaws.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

It was just a reaction on what is discussed in another thread where the LL viewer is called a fail viewer.
For me everybody should use the viewer one likes best. They all have their strong points and their flaws.

That individual always calls it the "Fail Viewer".  I've come to see it as a "mild form of Tourette's Syndrome".

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

That individual always calls it the "Fail Viewer".  I've come to see it as a "mild form of Tourette's Syndrome".

I see it more as a sarcastic form of comedy from her side.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

I wonder what the stats are on the percentage of users for each of the various viewers,

• Like 1