How Does Your SL Look Today?

4 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

Thank you!  I've come a long way in the past couple of years :D

Editing to add the picture I worked on today.  It was not taken during the same session as the picture I posted Monday, but it is very obviously the same build.  I set the lighting in a few of my shots to have as much contrast as I could manage, with an eye to taking one of them down to black and white. Then when I did that, I thought, "Hey, a little color might be nice..."

So, much jaw-clenching and shouting at Photoshop later, mischief managed.  Now I need a muscle relaxer :P

Sunrise Sunset Composite BW and Color 5000.jpg

Really great picture, love that clair-obscure! What I also like about the landscaping is that the house is so cosy sheltered by the trees but at the same time in connection via vistas with the open water. Anyways, photoshopped like a pro. And I also shout at PhotoShop from time to time 🙂

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The always-lovely @MoiraKathleen dropped by Unity Station tonight so that I could take her picture!

This is not it, but rather a quick unauthorized pic of the two of us chatting afterwards.

I also FORCED her to friend me!

I really am unscrupulous! Do NOT trust me! Ever!

Moira-at-Unity-Station-Blank.thumb.png.09e5376a1050d916618496ddb1648e3f.png

/me smiles. WE at the National Blab HAVE discovered your unscrupulousness!!! 

• Haha 4

I have been invited to produce a gift for the upcoming 5th anniversary of Bellisseria in April of this year.
So today I was running through the provided notecards and when I looked up from all that, there I was: Box on my hand, shoe lost. How did that happen?

Man o man, after 17 years of SL there is still a noob in me.  :D

cS8pHcu.jpeg

Do I have to visit Orientation Island now?

Edited by Sid Nagy
Hey it is Saturday: my edit hobby day. 🍺
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

I have been invited to produce a gift for the upcoming 5th anniversary of Bellisseria in April of this year.
So today I was running through the provided notecards and when I looked up from all that, there I was: Box on my hand, shoe lost. How did that happen?

Man o man, after 17 years of SL there is still a noob in me.  :D

cS8pHcu.jpeg

Do I have to visit Orientation Island now?

Congratulations!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Why?  Because I chose to display pictures of a family taken hostage in a situation that moves me very much?  Feel free to visit it yourself if you want to read what's there.

Oh come on, Garnet. Lay off the innocent routine. You know full well that this is tendentious.

If you are going to be political -- and you are being political about one of the most divisive issues in current world events -- at least be forthright about it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh come on, Garnet. Lay off the innocent routine. You know full well that this is tendentious.

If you are going to be political -- and you are being political about one of the most divisive issues in current world events -- at least be forthright about it.

My posting stemmed from my faith (which I'm happy to explain in private) and from compassion for an innocent family.   Did I accuse you of taking political sides in your post about donations to UNWRA in a mosque?  No, because I presumed you were acting from compassion for innocents, and were not making a political point.

1 minute ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

My posting stemmed from my faith (which I'm happy to explain in private) and from compassion for an innocent family.   Did I accuse you of taking political sides in your post about donations to UNWRA in a mosque?  No, because I presumed you were acting from compassion for innocents, and were not making a political point.

Your compassion for innocents is commendable. I share your horror at what happened on October 7, and your concern for the hostages, whom I think should be released now, without conditions.

But you are showing a "Christian Pledge for Israel" sign in your pic; the CUFI is hardly a non-political group.

My pic about Prok's mosque and her tipjar for UNWRA is definitely about compassion, but I don't bat my eyelashes innocently and pretend that it's "non political." How naive do you think we are?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

/me backs slowly away from the thread...

Yeah, I'm done. I have tripped over myself not to raise this issue in a way that would spark contention, and I've already said too much. I don't at all object to Garnet's show of compassion for hostages or her support of Israel; what I find eyerolling is the pretense that this is all very innocent and non-political. And this from a person who has upbraided others (including me) for introducing politics here.

Said what I wanted to say, and I'm outta here.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2

@Scylla Rhiadra I have offered to explain to you in private how my faith is involved.  CUFI is a Christian organisation, working to overcome anti-semitism.  I have Jewish relatives and know how scared they are.  You have your views and I have mine, and it's plain we're not going to see eye-to-eye.  I don't think either of us is doing anything but being sincere, and I'm sorry but I haven't many lashes left to bat, even if I wanted to do so.

4 minutes ago, graceblakeley said:

What's the ejection time set on the security orb?

??? There is only one room on the Island with security enabled. Our personal bedroom. Everywhere else, including inside the house, is public. We only set security there because we have had unwanted "guests". 

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2